Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to 22:48 - Jun 24 with 34729 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Rules: Has to be a genuine possibility of them touring again.

Fleetwood Mac (will make sure I do)

Daft Punk (watched a documentary on them once and they really push the limits. It will also be a massive occasion as they haven't toured in yonks)

The Killers (possibly the best band to emerge in my era)

Special mention goes to Coldplay. I know I'll get lynched for it, but I can't help but like them. My mate Dave the Rave went last year with work and he said they were incredible.

Poll: Best Football Song

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:19 - Jun 25 with 9392 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:09 - Jun 25 by Guthrum

The DKs are touring the UK at the moment (Bristol and Birmingham), then back in October (Bournemouth, London).

http://www.deadkennedys.com/tours.html

Saw that a while ago, clashed with other prior engagements though. Faint possibility for London in October.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:20 - Jun 25 with 9393 viewsGodzilla

So many artists whose music I adore are older than me, so the thought of seeing them dragging their sorry old drug addled fat arses on stage, for a few dollars more, does not do it for me. Lots of my fav artists have snuffed it anyways.

Beach Boys
The Kinks
Royksopp
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:22 - Jun 25 with 9386 viewsGuthrum

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:04 - Jun 25 by StochesStotasBlewe

Darkness & CoF are both playing In Naridge later in the year i believe. Will be trying to get to one or both hopefully.

Am going to the Nottingham gig in December. Hopefully Justin Hawkins will be less of a shambles than the last time I saw them (tho he was on top form the time before).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:27 - Jun 25 with 9370 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:20 - Jun 25 by Godzilla

So many artists whose music I adore are older than me, so the thought of seeing them dragging their sorry old drug addled fat arses on stage, for a few dollars more, does not do it for me. Lots of my fav artists have snuffed it anyways.

Beach Boys
The Kinks
Royksopp

When I was about 13 (2003) Pet Sounds was one of the first albums I really got into.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:28 - Jun 25 with 9370 viewsAdmiralFunge

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:15 - Jun 25 by RoyKeanesDog

My mate saw Kraftwerk at The Royal Albert Hall this week.

He said he spent £46 on wine and then cannoned out a massive dump for ages. Obviously he provided a full commentary in the group chat. He said "Can't stop farting. Lucky I'm confident, otherwise I'd never get out of her alive".

The night I gave up smoking was about 2.5 years ago. I had tickets to see Motorhead at the Roundhouse in Camden. I smoked about 20 Marley Red before the gig, and drank a lot of Unicum (like Jager, but so much worse; as a one-time landlord you'll already know that though...).

Anyway, I got into the gig, and the band came on. They went fcking hard, fcking early; machine gun drums and proper thrash chords, so much so that I didn't recognise the songs; I couldn't see Lemmy anywhere. Anyway, they blitzed through the first two songs, before catching a (brief) breath: i turned to ask my mate where the fck Lemmy was - he looked at me, blankly, before slowly shouting in my ear that this was Machinehead, not Motorhead.

Despite this, i had a very good night.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:29 - Jun 25 with 9359 viewsGodzilla

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:27 - Jun 25 by RoyKeanesDog

When I was about 13 (2003) Pet Sounds was one of the first albums I really got into.

One of the greatest albums ever made.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:31 - Jun 25 with 9353 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:28 - Jun 25 by AdmiralFunge

The night I gave up smoking was about 2.5 years ago. I had tickets to see Motorhead at the Roundhouse in Camden. I smoked about 20 Marley Red before the gig, and drank a lot of Unicum (like Jager, but so much worse; as a one-time landlord you'll already know that though...).

Anyway, I got into the gig, and the band came on. They went fcking hard, fcking early; machine gun drums and proper thrash chords, so much so that I didn't recognise the songs; I couldn't see Lemmy anywhere. Anyway, they blitzed through the first two songs, before catching a (brief) breath: i turned to ask my mate where the fck Lemmy was - he looked at me, blankly, before slowly shouting in my ear that this was Machinehead, not Motorhead.

Despite this, i had a very good night.

Haha brilliant.

A similar thing happened to me once, but I can't remember what. I'll let you know if it comes to me.

I think was something to do with a Paul Kalkbrenner set at Warehouse Project.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:33 - Jun 25 with 9352 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Pink Floyd, The Jam and Talk Talk. To be honest though think I might have broken your rule for all 3 of them getting together to tour again.
Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:34 - Jun 25 with 9347 viewsAdmiralFunge

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:31 - Jun 25 by RoyKeanesDog

Haha brilliant.

A similar thing happened to me once, but I can't remember what. I'll let you know if it comes to me.

I think was something to do with a Paul Kalkbrenner set at Warehouse Project.

Yeah, I wanna see that bloke play out. Supposed to play some ludicrously good sets.

I need to go and see some gigs soon. That said, I've got tickets for Peter Hook in Norwich in December; think either your old man or azzure tipped me off about it.

Get involved, basically.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:40 - Jun 25 with 9336 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:34 - Jun 25 by AdmiralFunge

Yeah, I wanna see that bloke play out. Supposed to play some ludicrously good sets.

I need to go and see some gigs soon. That said, I've got tickets for Peter Hook in Norwich in December; think either your old man or azzure tipped me off about it.

Get involved, basically.

Yeah he was unreal, although I was in one hell of a state. Was my 21st and we did an all nighter and got first train back to Sheffield in the morning.

We ran for the train and then realised it was the slow train. 14 stops through villages and hamlets, with families galore staring at us. Was horrendous. Straight to Wetherspoons at 9am when we pulled in.

I'll speak to my Dad about it!

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:42 - Jun 25 with 9332 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:33 - Jun 25 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Pink Floyd, The Jam and Talk Talk. To be honest though think I might have broken your rule for all 3 of them getting together to tour again.

Seen Floyd (not with Gilmour and Waters but I have also seen them both solo a few times) and The Jam.

Talk Talk, really?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:49 - Jun 25 with 9315 viewsfooters

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 23:50 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

You can probably see The Darkness at Lowestoft social club these days.

That is how I came to know them pre-fame. Lowie in a catsuit - brave.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 01:01 - Jun 25 with 9289 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:49 - Jun 25 by footers

That is how I came to know them pre-fame. Lowie in a catsuit - brave.

Nice.

I saw The Editors at Premier Pool Club pre fame.

And apparently I saw Ed Sheeran at McGinteys according to my friend.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 01:13 - Jun 25 with 9274 viewsMelford

My Bloody Valentine. They did a few dates when they reformed but the tickets were rare as rocking horse sh*t.

I'll agree with you on Fleetwood Mac, I've been playing the sh*t out of Rumours and Tusk lately,I've recorded a cover of "second hand blues" . But only if Stevie Nicks /Buckingham/Mc Vie are with Fleetwood Mac, I want all of them there.

I'd like to see Paul McCartney play live. I am a Beatles obsessive.I'd like to see him once play all the Beatles stuff

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 01:37 - Jun 25 with 9256 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 01:13 - Jun 25 by Melford

My Bloody Valentine. They did a few dates when they reformed but the tickets were rare as rocking horse sh*t.

I'll agree with you on Fleetwood Mac, I've been playing the sh*t out of Rumours and Tusk lately,I've recorded a cover of "second hand blues" . But only if Stevie Nicks /Buckingham/Mc Vie are with Fleetwood Mac, I want all of them there.

I'd like to see Paul McCartney play live. I am a Beatles obsessive.I'd like to see him once play all the Beatles stuff

I saw McCartney at the Nordoff Silver Clef winners festival at Knebworth in 1990. He was pissed off as wasn't headlining it, he was playing second fiddle to The Floyd.

Have to say it was the best day out I've ever had. We were off our bonces all day but McCartney started playing Hey Jude as I was coming up on a double drop and attempting to carry a big polystyrene tray of eight pints down a hill to try and locate the others.

I eventually made it, dished the beers out watched Hey Jude, after which it seemed 100'000 mentalists were slinging white polystyrene trays in the air. It made Argentina 78 look like Portman Rd on a bad day.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 02:51 - Jun 25 with 9227 viewsIllinoisblue

East 17, Scritti Politti, Wham

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 07:10 - Jun 25 with 9195 viewsLimitlessBlue

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:08 - Jun 25 by Swansea_Blue

Metallica
COF
And another one (not sure who, but after the w@nkfest on the other thread maybe the Foo Zfighters. Or Stone Roses. Or Floyd (still touring?). Or Marillion if I could persuade Fish to do it.

I'm not gutted I missed Take That when they were in Swansea last week!

I saw Take That 4 times on their current tour (well, now finished) in Birmingham, the best live shows I have ever seen if I am honest... other Bands I would like to see whom I have not seen before.....

Cradle of Filth (Dani's Mum lives in Ipswich)
Deicide
Green Day

Upcoming Shows: Killers, Radio 2 Festival, Bush (x5), James Blunt (x8) and if Nahko & Medicine for the People tour then all shows across Europe and UK! (unlikely)

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 07:22 - Jun 25 with 9191 viewstextbackup

Would love to watch the streets, just to take me back to yesteryear

Seen oasis a couple of times, but Christ was it good!

And again, prodigy, seen them 2/3 times but was too good to say I'd rather anything else

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 07:28 - Jun 25 with 9183 viewstcblue

Dani Filth lives on Norwich Road.

My three:

Tom Waits
Jurassic 5
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 07:56 - Jun 25 with 9170 viewsRadlett_blue

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 23:13 - Jun 24 by Coastalblue

Nile Rodgers, in whatever form
Roy Ayers
Jean Michelle Jarre, normally quite a spectacle.

I saw Jean Michele Jarre at Wembley Arena a few years ago & it was disappointing - he seemed to be going through the motions, as some older artistes do.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 07:58 - Jun 25 with 9170 viewsRadlett_blue

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 22:57 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

Fleetwood Mac

Supertramp (unlikely)

Primal Scream

Seen Killers a couple of times - may have been three - they are very good.

Catch Roger Hodgson - he still tours quite extensively. Saw him last year in Madeira, of all places, & he can still sing well & he had a decent backing band. He played all the old Supertramp material. A mate of mine saw the rest of Supertramp - they retain the name - some years ago & he said they were pish.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

on 08:23 - Jun 25 with 9161 views_

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 00:06 - Jun 25 by WeWereZombies

Mainly from Hadleigh area I think, used to have a practice room at Springvale Studios.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 08:28 - Jun 25 with 9157 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 07:58 - Jun 25 by Radlett_blue

Catch Roger Hodgson - he still tours quite extensively. Saw him last year in Madeira, of all places, & he can still sing well & he had a decent backing band. He played all the old Supertramp material. A mate of mine saw the rest of Supertramp - they retain the name - some years ago & he said they were pish.

Thanks for that. Thinking about it either you or someone else previously mentioned this option.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 08:35 - Jun 25 with 9151 viewsartsbossbeard

Whilst I suspect touring will be an issue, I'll go with:

Caravaggio
Rembrandt

With a safe bet of Gainsborough for third (toss up with Turner).

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 08:51 - Jun 25 with 9133 viewsMoggins

Led Zeppelin

Sex Pistols

Crosby stills nash and young
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024