Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to 22:48 - Jun 24 with 34718 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Rules: Has to be a genuine possibility of them touring again.

Fleetwood Mac (will make sure I do)

Daft Punk (watched a documentary on them once and they really push the limits. It will also be a massive occasion as they haven't toured in yonks)

The Killers (possibly the best band to emerge in my era)

Special mention goes to Coldplay. I know I'll get lynched for it, but I can't help but like them. My mate Dave the Rave went last year with work and he said they were incredible.

Poll: Best Football Song

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:55 - Jun 25 with 5936 viewsjaykay

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 23:57 - Jun 24 by WeWereZombies

Seen Supertramp twice - first time in Felixstowe, second time in Ipswich. Saw Fleetwood Mac at the Baths Hall in late 1971. Never seen Primal Scream but my brother was drumming with a pick up band who used some rehearsal rooms on the South Bank. Taking a bit of time out he started chatting to another muso doing the same thing, explained him and his mates were just having a bit of a laugh and asked the other guy if he was up to anything special, a bit miffed at not being recognised the other guy says 'yes, I play guitar in Primal Scream'.

The Only Ones

Radiohead

Most of Traffic have passed on but if Steve Winwood could form something with the same vibe that would be worth a look.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 0:07]

well steve winwood could always hook up with spencer davis again.i much preferred them to traffic.

Creedence Clearwater Revival

amen corner

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:58 - Jun 25 with 5934 viewsBlue_Order

The Killers the best band of that era? You must have forgotten about The Cribs, mate.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 11:06 - Jun 25 with 5910 viewsWeWereZombies

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 09:50 - Jun 25 by PJH

If anyone has still got Gerry Marsden on their "want to see" list they had better do it soon because seemingly this autumn's 60's tour is his farewell one.

I don't think that there is anyone that I have not seen and feasibly still could see (because they are still alive) that I am desperate to see although I have never seen the Rolling Stones live and wish that I had seen them in their pomp.

Never seen The Stones either and would have loved to have got my eight year old self off to Eel Pie Island and witnessed the start of the whole shebang. I think on mentioned on here many years ago my opportunity to see The Doors would have involved me actually knowing about it at thirteen and then bunking off school.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 11:13 - Jun 25 with 5903 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:58 - Jun 25 by Blue_Order

The Killers the best band of that era? You must have forgotten about The Cribs, mate.

I presume this is a joke.

I've actually seen The Cribs live anyway so I couldn't have them.

Poll: Best Football Song

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 11:25 - Jun 25 with 5890 viewsBlue_Order

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 11:13 - Jun 25 by RoyKeanesDog

I presume this is a joke.

I've actually seen The Cribs live anyway so I couldn't have them.

It most certainly is not a joke.

Fight me.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 11:36 - Jun 25 with 5871 viewsPJH

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:17 - Jun 25 by blueislander

Saw The Stones at The Gaumont in 64 when they were on the undercard to the Everlys, Little Richard, and Bo Diddley. Also saw one of The Bridges of Babylon gigs. They were fantastic.

In my opinion the last great track that the Stones made was Brown Sugar but I would love to have seen them in the mid to late 1960's.

I often go to the 60's package tours in Ipswich and The Searchers are still very good, they still have John McNally from the original line up and Frank Allen who has been with them almost all of the way.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 12:02 - Jun 25 with 5853 viewsOsborneOneNil

Radiohead
Arcade Fire
Fleetwood Mac
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 12:29 - Jun 25 with 5835 viewsjaykay

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:17 - Jun 25 by blueislander

Saw The Stones at The Gaumont in 64 when they were on the undercard to the Everlys, Little Richard, and Bo Diddley. Also saw one of The Bridges of Babylon gigs. They were fantastic.

yes i was there to.thinking back i will always remember jagger saying we now going to sing our new record.it was " i wanna be your man"
,the only hit they had before that was "come on".
always remember them gaumont shows always a yank headliner with loads of british acts as support. speaking of bo had to have him as my avatar

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 12:36 - Jun 25 with 5824 viewsPJH

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 12:29 - Jun 25 by jaykay

yes i was there to.thinking back i will always remember jagger saying we now going to sing our new record.it was " i wanna be your man"
always remember them gaumont shows always a yank headliner with loads of british acts as support. speaking of bo had to have him as my avatar

I wanna be your man written by Lennon & McCartney.
A lot of groups/artists got some of their early success with Lennon & McCartney songs.

Not relevant to this thread but thought that I would mention it.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 12:38]
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 12:48 - Jun 25 with 5815 viewsblueislander

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 12:29 - Jun 25 by jaykay

I remember Stones played Come On , and Not fade away. They would have only played 4 or 5 numbers. One of them could have been Walking the dog. Their first album had just been released. Local band Nick and The Nomads played most of that album at their gigs ( of course they weren't called gigs in those days.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 13:09 - Jun 25 with 5798 viewsKTBlue

Seen practically everyone I want to courtesy of half a do
Zen festivals every year for over a decade but two missing are the Rolling Stones (ideally pre mid 80s) and Simon and garfunkel
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:19 - Jun 25 with 5765 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 11:36 - Jun 25 by PJH

In my opinion the last great track that the Stones made was Brown Sugar but I would love to have seen them in the mid to late 1960's.

I often go to the 60's package tours in Ipswich and The Searchers are still very good, they still have John McNally from the original line up and Frank Allen who has been with them almost all of the way.

I think people are being very harsh on The Stones - maybe that's the cool thing to do these days.

I think Start me Up was the last "Great" track but there have been very good ones since and absolutely blooming loads after Brown Sugar.

Not sure either how people can say they have been rubbish live for years, I've seen them loads of times and they have always been excellent - the last one in 2013 when I took the kids and family friends and they all had the time of their life.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:38 - Jun 25 with 5748 viewsPJH

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:19 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I think people are being very harsh on The Stones - maybe that's the cool thing to do these days.

I think Start me Up was the last "Great" track but there have been very good ones since and absolutely blooming loads after Brown Sugar.

Not sure either how people can say they have been rubbish live for years, I've seen them loads of times and they have always been excellent - the last one in 2013 when I took the kids and family friends and they all had the time of their life.

When I say track then maybe I mean 'single' but in my opinion the last great one WAS Brown Sugar.
As the most recent Stones studio Album that I have got is Black and Blue from 1976 I cannot really comment on much since although I do like "Start Me Up" without classing it as highly as Brown Sugar.

My opinion of The Stones is largely the same as my opinion of music generally(with some exceptions)which is that the 1960's were great along with some early 1970's but not too much since.

Just an opinion.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:40 - Jun 25 with 5743 viewsjaykay

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 12:48 - Jun 25 by blueislander

I remember Stones played Come On , and Not fade away. They would have only played 4 or 5 numbers. One of them could have been Walking the dog. Their first album had just been released. Local band Nick and The Nomads played most of that album at their gigs ( of course they weren't called gigs in those days.

sorry i was thinking about nov 63 show at the gaumont .got my years mixed up.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:53 - Jun 25 with 5733 viewsfooters

Think I need a time machine for mine since they're all still about but are nothing compared to former glories. But that's probably true of most posts here!

Dead Kennedys - As mentioned previously in the thread. One of the best punk bands ever. Seeing Jello in his prime would've been something special.

Buzzcocks - Howard Devoto 'era' (ie one EP) please. Can't bring myself to see them now.

Throbbing Gristle - Seen Psychic TV a few times but just nothing like TG. Same with Chris and Cosey- love them but nowhere near the same!

Thankfully saw Kraftwerk for the first time a couple of years ago- best gig I've ever been to I reckon. Acid is a wonderful, wonderful thing. Little cousin went to Latitude and hadn't heard of them; I told him to see them or I'd never speak to him again. He went, he saw, he loved.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 15:55]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:55 - Jun 25 with 5730 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:38 - Jun 25 by PJH

When I say track then maybe I mean 'single' but in my opinion the last great one WAS Brown Sugar.
As the most recent Stones studio Album that I have got is Black and Blue from 1976 I cannot really comment on much since although I do like "Start Me Up" without classing it as highly as Brown Sugar.

My opinion of The Stones is largely the same as my opinion of music generally(with some exceptions)which is that the 1960's were great along with some early 1970's but not too much since.

Just an opinion.

Fair enough but I really thinking you are overlooking some great singles since Brown Sugar - many of which are IMHO better. To make it easy I've copy and pasted a list up till the end of the 80's and disregarded a few that were a bit rubbish. In fact I could have added 1994's Love is Strong but it just missed the cut. There are some fantastic singles below.

"Wild Horses"
"Tumbling Dice"
"Angie"
"It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It)"
"Fool to Cry"
"Miss You"
"Respectable"
"Emotional Rescue"
"She's So Cold"
"Start Me Up"
"Waiting on a Friend"
"Undercover of the Night"
"Harlem Shuffle"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 16:04 - Jun 25 with 5712 viewsPJH

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 15:55 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

Fair enough but I really thinking you are overlooking some great singles since Brown Sugar - many of which are IMHO better. To make it easy I've copy and pasted a list up till the end of the 80's and disregarded a few that were a bit rubbish. In fact I could have added 1994's Love is Strong but it just missed the cut. There are some fantastic singles below.

"Wild Horses"
"Tumbling Dice"
"Angie"
"It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It)"
"Fool to Cry"
"Miss You"
"Respectable"
"Emotional Rescue"
"She's So Cold"
"Start Me Up"
"Waiting on a Friend"
"Undercover of the Night"
"Harlem Shuffle"

I like most of those but in my opinion none of them match Brown Sugar or the vast majority of Stones singles that preceded Brown Sugar.

Just a matter of opinion and taste which can be applied to most things musically.
Nobody can really say who is right and who is wrong about a band/song/album,it is basically just down to what an individual likes.

Don't tell anyone but my Wife is going with one of her Sister's to see Cliff Richard at Greenwich next Saturday.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 16:13 - Jun 25 with 5701 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 16:04 - Jun 25 by PJH

I like most of those but in my opinion none of them match Brown Sugar or the vast majority of Stones singles that preceded Brown Sugar.

Just a matter of opinion and taste which can be applied to most things musically.
Nobody can really say who is right and who is wrong about a band/song/album,it is basically just down to what an individual likes.

Don't tell anyone but my Wife is going with one of her Sister's to see Cliff Richard at Greenwich next Saturday.

Yes of course, everything is about personal taste.

I like all of The Stones stuff but I don't care much for early Beatles. I love early -to mid Bowie but struggle with most things including and after China Girl.

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 16:37 - Jun 25 with 5679 viewsCoastalblue

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 16:04 - Jun 25 by PJH

I must admit, I was with Lucan, but then looked at the Stones' singles discography and have to agree with you, there was a lot of very good stuff after but nothing to quite match what came before.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 16:43 - Jun 25 with 5670 viewsWeWereZombies

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:55 - Jun 25 by jaykay

well steve winwood could always hook up with spencer davis again.i much preferred them to traffic.

amen corner

Just remembered that I have seen the Spencer Davis Group - but at Bardney (Lincoln) Festival in 1972 so Winwood was long gone and they were not memorable - no 'I'm A Man' or 'Gimme Some More Lovin''. I believe Traffic carried on doing those now and again. In fact I'm going to stretch the rules and vote for Traffic in their later reformed years when they would support the Grateful Dead and then join them on stage.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 16:47 - Jun 25 with 5664 viewsPJH

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:55 - Jun 25 by jaykay

amen corner

Creedence Clearwater Revival-reminds me of hours playing the juke box in The Waggon & Horses pub in Woodbridge round about 1970.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 17:43 - Jun 25 with 5638 viewssolemio

Constable
Turner
van Eyke
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 19:00 - Jun 25 with 5609 viewsjaykay

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 16:47 - Jun 25 by PJH

Creedence Clearwater Revival-reminds me of hours playing the juke box in The Waggon & Horses pub in Woodbridge round about 1970.

i still play them every night on my juke box.was the ( not sure if i have remembered correct name)the grey sombero cafe in woodbridge still going in the 70s

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 19:11 - Jun 25 with 5597 viewsPJH

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 19:00 - Jun 25 by jaykay

i still play them every night on my juke box.was the ( not sure if i have remembered correct name)the grey sombero cafe in woodbridge still going in the 70s

I remember the Sombrero but not sure exactly when it was open.

I have got Creedence Clearwater hits on LP and cassette and John Fogerty on CD.

Around that time if it was not Creedence Clearwater on the Wagon juke box it was "All Right Now" or "Lola" or Mungo Jerry.
Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 19:20 - Jun 25 with 5591 viewsRadlett_blue

Top 3 artists you've never seen live but want to on 10:08 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I saw The Jam at Hammersmith Odeon on the Sound Affects tour.

Saw The Gift in The Railway a few years back and spoke with Rick Buckler after the gig, I asked him to tell Paul Weller that he's a c*nt next time he bumps into him, he replied "I don't think I need to"

Took RKD along to see From the Jam at Hammy Odeon, they were fantastic.

Currently reading Bucklers autobiography, it's brilliant.

I've seen From the Jam, featuring Bruce Foxton, a couple of times & they are really good. Russell Hastings is an excellent front man.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024