Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Mcginn 08:13 - Jun 25 with 9496 viewsWickets

Reports around that we made a bid of around 1mill for Hib's 22year old John Mcginn turned down last week.
John Mcginn on 08:30 - Jun 25 with 8396 viewsBent_double

Sounds like just the tonic we need,

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

John Mcginn on 08:30 - Jun 25 with 8393 viewsITFCBlues

It's in the paper as well - don't know a lot about him myself...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

John Mcginn on 08:37 - Jun 25 with 8335 viewsMullet

Seems Celtic rumours surround him, but he does have family links so that might be why. Would be nice to see us pick a few of these players up in the next couple of years.

Before Garner who was the last Scottish player we signed from up there Stevenson?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

John Mcginn on 08:41 - Jun 25 with 8299 viewsITFCBlues

John Mcginn on 08:37 - Jun 25 by Mullet

Seems Celtic rumours surround him, but he does have family links so that might be why. Would be nice to see us pick a few of these players up in the next couple of years.

Before Garner who was the last Scottish player we signed from up there Stevenson?

Where does he play?

John Mcginn on 08:42 - Jun 25 with 8298 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd be very surprised if they sold him as well as Jason Cummings (who went to Forest last week). Arguably their best 2 players last season. That said, money talks and I'm sure knowing Town could offer him a lot more wages a week, he may force a move.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

John Mcginn on 08:43 - Jun 25 with 8288 viewsSporall

John Mcginn on 08:41 - Jun 25 by ITFCBlues

Where does he play?

Edinburgh
John Mcginn on 08:49 - Jun 25 with 8258 viewsMullet

John Mcginn on 08:41 - Jun 25 by ITFCBlues

Where does he play?

Left sided midfielder who can smack it with his right foot too by the look.

Just watching this from his time as a kid at St Mirren. He'd be welcome here and makes me think he's the alternative to Huws

John Mcginn on 08:53 - Jun 25 with 8225 viewsITFCBlues

John Mcginn on 08:49 - Jun 25 by Mullet

Left sided midfielder who can smack it with his right foot too by the look.

Just watching this from his time as a kid at St Mirren. He'd be welcome here and makes me think he's the alternative to Huws

Celina is also left sided?

Login to get fewer ads

John Mcginn on 09:00 - Jun 25 with 8175 viewsMullet

John Mcginn on 08:53 - Jun 25 by ITFCBlues

Celina is also left sided?

Celina can play all three places across the front, so can Rowe.

I think McGinn is more central isn't he? I've not followed Scottish football for years so am only going off what I can see. But in a video from last year he's cutting in from the right so I assume he's a box to box type. Hence the Huws comment.

John Mcginn on 09:54 - Jun 25 with 7933 viewsWickets

John Mcginn on 08:30 - Jun 25 by Bent_double

Sounds like just the tonic we need,

Or we could look on the bright side and hope that this is a sign that the purse strings are a little bit looser!
John Mcginn on 10:01 - Jun 25 with 7879 viewsHipsterectomy

John Mcginn on 08:42 - Jun 25 by Kieran_Knows

I'd be very surprised if they sold him as well as Jason Cummings (who went to Forest last week). Arguably their best 2 players last season. That said, money talks and I'm sure knowing Town could offer him a lot more wages a week, he may force a move.

Cummings was Hibs

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

John Mcginn on 10:02 - Jun 25 with 7872 viewsKieran_Knows

John Mcginn on 10:01 - Jun 25 by Hipsterectomy

Cummings was Hibs

So is John McGinn.....

John Mcginn on 10:02 - Jun 25 with 7868 viewsHipsterectomy

John Mcginn on 10:02 - Jun 25 by Kieran_Knows

So is John McGinn.....

Ignore me I'm a moron :)

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

John Mcginn on 10:05 - Jun 25 with 7847 viewsTIB

John Mcginn on 09:00 - Jun 25 by Mullet

Celina can play all three places across the front, so can Rowe.

I think McGinn is more central isn't he? I've not followed Scottish football for years so am only going off what I can see. But in a video from last year he's cutting in from the right so I assume he's a box to box type. Hence the Huws comment.

His stats are interesting in that he's only marginally played more games in central midfield to left-midfield, with him scoring and assisting well in both.. From look of it, his favoured positions in order are CM, LM and LW.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-mcginn/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/193116

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

John Mcginn on 10:22 - Jun 25 with 7746 viewsstrikalite

Probably Hib's best player and in his prime at 22, do we really think a bid of £1m would be accepted? Once again there's no real intent is there, it's actually a pi$$ take all round imo..
John Mcginn on 10:24 - Jun 25 with 7722 viewsKieran_Knows

John Mcginn on 10:22 - Jun 25 by strikalite

Probably Hib's best player and in his prime at 22, do we really think a bid of £1m would be accepted? Once again there's no real intent is there, it's actually a pi$$ take all round imo..

Give over. You never offer your best offer the first time around. Not only that, Town must have had an indication, via agents etc, that he'd be willing to come here, otherwise we wouldn't have made the original bid.

Just depends on how far/how much Evans is willing to pay for him.

John Mcginn on 10:31 - Jun 25 with 7680 viewsGeoffSentence

John Mcginn on 08:37 - Jun 25 by Mullet

Daryl Murphy was the last player transferred to us from a Scottish Club, but Ryan Stevenson was the last Scot to come to us from a Scottish club.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

John Mcginn on 10:47 - Jun 25 with 7589 viewspointofblue

John Mcginn on 10:24 - Jun 25 by Kieran_Knows

Give over. You never offer your best offer the first time around. Not only that, Town must have had an indication, via agents etc, that he'd be willing to come here, otherwise we wouldn't have made the original bid.

Can't help but be concerned that we're simply starting to bidding war which we won't be either willing to or able to compete in. I'd love to be amazed but I can't see McGinn wearing an Ipswich Town shirt any time soon.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

John Mcginn on 10:47 - Jun 25 with 7590 viewsstrikalite

John Mcginn on 10:24 - Jun 25 by Kieran_Knows

I know Peterborough put in a bid of £1.3 for Cummings last year which was rejected so £1m for Mcginn who is now their best player just seems very tame..

We just value players far less than their worth and therefore miss out, Hugill, Ward...

We have a fair few bids rejected since Evans has been here that's for sure..

I'm not saying pay totally over the odds, but we seem way off valuations..
John Mcginn on 10:51 - Jun 25 with 7567 viewsKieran_Knows

John Mcginn on 10:47 - Jun 25 by strikalite

I know Peterborough put in a bid of £1.3 for Cummings last year which was rejected so £1m for Mcginn who is now their best player just seems very tame..

We just value players far less than their worth and therefore miss out, Hugill, Ward...

I do get where you're coming from, but I just think no club ever makes their best offer the first time around. Maybe it's putting an offer in to unsettle the player?

Agree about Hugill, and was probably a stupid time to try and get him in January when the prices rise considerably more. That said, according to Stuart Watson, we had an offer accepted for Ward this time around, so there does seem to be money available.

John Mcginn on 11:21 - Jun 25 with 7424 viewsDarth_Koont

On paper he would be a very good addition. Tidy in possession and can score a few, his Scotland call-up was thoroughly well deserved. Plus I don't imagine it would take a monster bid to get him.

Having said that, the Championship is a much tighter and more restrictive midfield environment than the SPL or even internationally. As a major signing, there's the risk he'd not find his feet, especially if the rest of the midfield isn't in place. In the same way that Leadbitter was made to look a lot poorer than he was and was ultimately considered a poor signing (for the money at least).

Pronouns: He/Him

John Mcginn on 11:29 - Jun 25 with 7385 viewsbournemouthblue

It looks like £1.5 million is the figure they want, which is certainly worth it if he is decent

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

John Mcginn on 11:40 - Jun 25 with 7341 viewsbournemouthblue

John Mcginn on 10:47 - Jun 25 by strikalite

The £3 or £4 million we got for Murphy was a good fee for a 33 year old but is still below the par value for a top striker nowadays

We should have put aside that figure at the very least for a Murphy replacement

I wonder how much we spent on Williams, Lawrence, Huws, Taylor, Spence, Rowe, Moore etc from the Murphy fee

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

John Mcginn on 11:48 - Jun 25 with 7298 viewsTIB

Embrace the fact it looks like Evans is loosening the purse strings for Mick

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

John Mcginn on 12:18 - Jun 25 with 7228 viewsWestSussexBlue

John Mcginn on 11:48 - Jun 25 by TIB

Embrace the fact it looks like Evans is loosening the purse strings for Mick

Indeed, if we pull this off that's over £2 million even before July.
More intent which is pleasing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024