Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stone Roses calling it a day? 09:07 - Jun 25 with 4270 viewsartsbossbeard

Just finished their tour and due back in the studio in a couple of weeks but rumours galore that it's not happening.

Saw them last weekend and they were ace but I'd be fine with things if the rumours are indeed true.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 10:08 - Jun 25 with 4183 viewsMenton

That 'new album' has been 'imminent' since 2015. If they had much good new stuff we'd have had it by now. Just glad I managed to see them live, having missed out first time around.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 11:23 - Jun 25 with 4118 viewsBLUEBEAT

They really should call it quits for good.

They haven't been relevant since the early 90s, anyway.

Poll: W or W

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 11:30 - Jun 25 with 4110 viewsBlue_Order

Yeah, I reckon they should. Delighted I got the chance to see them after thinking for years that I never would, but the more they do it, the less special it is.

Also, their gigs attract some of the worstcünts in society.
Stone Roses calling it a day? on 12:27 - Jun 25 with 4067 viewsJohnny_Boy

Thinking the reunion was anything more than adding a few sheckles to their pension pockets was a mistake really.

You can't begrudge them that.

I had a few opportunities to see the reformation, but decided against it. Still never seen them live.
Stone Roses calling it a day? on 13:27 - Jun 25 with 4010 viewsolimar

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 10:08 - Jun 25 by Menton

That 'new album' has been 'imminent' since 2015. If they had much good new stuff we'd have had it by now. Just glad I managed to see them live, having missed out first time around.

Saw them at Finsbury Park a few years ago and, as much as they were great, felt it was crying out for some new material too. If for nothing else, to remove the sense that they were cashing in.
Stone Roses calling it a day? on 15:00 - Jun 25 with 3943 viewsLord_Lucan

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 13:27 - Jun 25 by olimar

Saw them at Finsbury Park a few years ago and, as much as they were great, felt it was crying out for some new material too. If for nothing else, to remove the sense that they were cashing in.

I was at that gig, if it's the same one that PIL were backing up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 16:42 - Jun 25 with 3887 viewsBlueorder

It's been a huge career on just 2 records.
Stone Roses calling it a day? on 17:12 - Jun 25 with 3869 viewsElGuaje4

Real shame imo. Heard the new album had been ready to record since 2013 but Reni wasn't up for it for some reason. Note Ian and Reni haven't embraced at the end of gigs on the latest tour. Two hugs in groups of three last night at Hampden Park, Ian, Mani and John in one and Reni, Mani and John in the other. Ian left the stage toward the left while the other three left towards the right. Very sad, who knows what would've happened without that recording embargo in the early nineties, had all the foundations in place to be the biggest of all time after the debut album.
Login to get fewer ads

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 17:18 - Jun 25 with 3852 viewsolimar

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 15:00 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I was at that gig, if it's the same one that PIL were backing up.

Yeah it was. Not sure they were the greatest choice of support band, dont think many even noticed that John Lydon was on stage.
Also, it was the first time Id been to Finsbury Park and didnt think it was particularly well setup for music. It was really crowded around the food/drink area and all around that side of the stage, but appeared to be a bottleneck into the area where the band played.
Stone Roses calling it a day? on 17:45 - Jun 25 with 3819 viewsLord_Lucan

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 17:18 - Jun 25 by olimar

Yeah it was. Not sure they were the greatest choice of support band, dont think many even noticed that John Lydon was on stage.
Also, it was the first time Id been to Finsbury Park and didnt think it was particularly well setup for music. It was really crowded around the food/drink area and all around that side of the stage, but appeared to be a bottleneck into the area where the band played.

I thought PIL were a bit pants. I didn't mind the venue but I missed my train home by some distance. The beverage section on the RHS was fairly empty. We had quite a bit of room where we were.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 01:09 - Jun 26 with 3725 viewsElGuaje4

Some promising news.

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 01:22 - Jun 26 with 3715 viewsMelford

https://freaksceneblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/23/the-stone-roses-a-live-crucifixi

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 07:53 - Jun 26 with 3646 viewsartsbossbeard

Stone Roses calling it a day? on 01:09 - Jun 26 by ElGuaje4

Some promising news.

My mate has the same Pretty Green t shirt as the chap on the left. You can purchase matching Pretty Green paisley shorts too. Madness.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024