Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! 10:47 - Jun 25 with 9026 viewsBergholtBru

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/24/jeremy-corbyn-calls-for-unity-in-g

We can always vote him out again if he fcuks up!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 14:01 - Jun 25 with 2649 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 13:56 - Jun 25 by MJallday

no we arnt. 9th at best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

and that's only thanks to the housing bubble
I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 14:02 - Jun 25 with 2651 viewsbluejacko

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 13:55 - Jun 25 by homer_123

It isn't really up for discussion. If the NHS and Education are under funded then everyone needs to pay more. So, of it takes adding 5% or 10% on income tax, then it needs to be spelled out.

At the moment, all political parties are merely fluffing about the edges aren't they.

The grown up discussion if, right, you want the NHS, then we need to pay for it. There is simply no grown up discussion .

The brutal truth is that as good as the NHS is it is a vast money pit that no govt will be able to cure. You could put the entire govt budget in and it still won't be enough!
I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 14:06 - Jun 25 with 2654 viewshomer_123

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 14:02 - Jun 25 by bluejacko

The brutal truth is that as good as the NHS is it is a vast money pit that no govt will be able to cure. You could put the entire govt budget in and it still won't be enough!

Funding it correctly whilst trying to ensure efficiencies are not mutually exclusive.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 14:22 - Jun 25 with 2633 viewsWeWereZombies

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 13:56 - Jun 25 by MJallday

no we arnt. 9th at best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

Although GDP only measures output and ignores accumulated wealth. I found this one that puts us joint fourth with Germany, not on a per capita basis but on the total wealth of the state (second table rather than first):

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/international/revealed-top-10-richest-countries-in-t
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 16:46]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 15:05 - Jun 25 with 2609 viewsVic

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 11:11 - Jun 25 by Darth_Koont

One of the festival-goers summed up not only Corbyn but the twisted state of our political debate and indeed where we as a society have been heading:

"“People say he’s radical. I don’t think he is. He wants fair wages and outcomes and well-funded social services. The fact people see that as radical is a sad indictment of our society.”

There is ample evidence that happiness and well-being in developed nations (as opposed to developing nations) do not come from tax breaks and more disposable income for even 75% of a country. It's about living in a secure, equitable society with sufficient opportunity for individuals but not at the expense of social investment to primarily help the parts of society that need it.

I don't disagree with that - but I don't see that's what Corbyn is advocating, when he said that the 5% would fund the 95%. Taxes need to rise for all, not just the few. Even I'd start to soften towards him if he widened the tax increases. It may surprise a few of you but I'm all for social conscience and taking care of the poor, but not in the simplistic way JC has been espousing recently.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 15:16 - Jun 25 with 2599 viewsVic

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 13:55 - Jun 25 by homer_123

It isn't really up for discussion. If the NHS and Education are under funded then everyone needs to pay more. So, of it takes adding 5% or 10% on income tax, then it needs to be spelled out.

At the moment, all political parties are merely fluffing about the edges aren't they.

The grown up discussion if, right, you want the NHS, then we need to pay for it. There is simply no grown up discussion .

Indeed - when will JC start to spell out that actually EVERYONE needs to pay much more tax and not just the rich elite? Let's see him put 5% on everyone and see how popular he is!

Irony is that he probably could suggest it at the moment and get away with it such seems to be his popularity among the young.

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 16:21 - Jun 25 with 2571 viewshomer_123

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 15:16 - Jun 25 by Vic

Indeed - when will JC start to spell out that actually EVERYONE needs to pay much more tax and not just the rich elite? Let's see him put 5% on everyone and see how popular he is!

Irony is that he probably could suggest it at the moment and get away with it such seems to be his popularity among the young.

This is political party agnostic though.

This is about all politicians having the sensibility and balls to actually have a grown up discussion. No, I go further that that...it's a all parties stating the flaming obvious to the public.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 16:29 - Jun 25 with 2559 viewsnoggin

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 15:16 - Jun 25 by Vic

British people won't vote for tax rises for themselves, they are far too short sighted.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 16:48 - Jun 25 with 2547 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 12:45 - Jun 25 by bluejacko

It's not Corbyn as such that people should worry about it is the mob that is behind him that you never see that actually pull the Labour strings!
Still it seems the election result cant be accepted nor the Brexit result without outrage you might as well have comrade Corbyn and see how long the drawer in the treasury stays full.
Be careful what you wish for.

I'm a little more worried by the mob behind the Tories!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 16:53 - Jun 25 with 2536 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 14:01 - Jun 25 by FrowsyArmLarry

and that's only thanks to the housing bubble

How do you find time to type when there's so much sperm that needs donating?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 16:54 - Jun 25 with 2531 viewsMJallday

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 14:22 - Jun 25 by WeWereZombies

Although GDP only measures output and ignores accumulated wealth. I found this one that puts us joint fourth with Germany, not on a per capita basis but on the total wealth of the state (second table rather than first):

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/international/revealed-top-10-richest-countries-in-t
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 16:46]

gdp is the "best" measure. although the term "wealth" is very subjective.
thats 2nd table is by "wealth held" - which is a bit irrelevant to be honest.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 17:16 - Jun 25 with 2505 viewsVic

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 16:29 - Jun 25 by noggin

British people won't vote for tax rises for themselves, they are far too short sighted.

So we'll just tax the rich instead then!

Why isn't he trying to persuade people that they do actually need to pay as well instead of saying he'll just get the rich to pay? Sounds a bit like crowd pleasing to me and not leadership. Real leaders lead, make hard decisions and don't simply surf popularism. I have no problem with more investment into the NHS, schools, etc, but in my opinion he's not being fair or honest in saying he'll simply get others to pay for it. SOunds a bit like Trumps 'wall' to me!

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 17:17 - Jun 25 with 2501 viewsWeWereZombies

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 16:54 - Jun 25 by MJallday

gdp is the "best" measure. although the term "wealth" is very subjective.
thats 2nd table is by "wealth held" - which is a bit irrelevant to be honest.

Depends on context and usage, dear boy.

And GDP is all a bit transient, of the moment, vapid...

Some of those countries high up in the GDP table have got really sh1t scenery.

Found one of the GDP tables where the UK was 27th. That's Championship play off places, Burley years, I'll take that.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 17:30 - Jun 25 with 2486 viewsjaykay

still he could disguise tax rises. v.a.t rises is a good one ,only the tories use that as it hit the poor as well

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 17:39 - Jun 25 with 2477 viewsStokieBlue

I`d be prepared to give him a chance in the unlikely event of him being elected! on 16:29 - Jun 25 by noggin

I think they will, if they can see they are fairly applied. If he did look to add 5% to everyone I think that could get some traction if it was ring-fenced for specific spending. It would also be a test of newly found left-leaning voters attitudes - are they so keen when it's their money being requested.

In the last election it was easier, they weren't voting for tax rises for themselves, they were voting for tax rises for the people they perceived as rich (like Corybn for instance but not McDonnell).

SB
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 17:41]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024