Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... 15:16 - Jun 25 with 2464 viewshampstead_blue

his tactics.

He has shown that the way e plays isn't totally relevant to the modern game.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 15:33 - Jun 25 with 2428 viewsstrikalite

I hoping that's more down to the players he has and knowing their strengths and weaknesses, I take heart from Aidy Boothroyd and how he's got the U21's knocking it about as opposed to his time at Coventry where they were pretty shocking...

I'm giving him one more chance! :)
Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 15:37 - Jun 25 with 2410 viewschristiand

Agree. The main reason we have lost 3,000 ST holders is down to his negative tactics and the team's poor style of play. Unfortunately, I'm very much a believer a leopard can't change his spots and MM is certainly a perfect example. Too stubborn and arrogant to believe he has to change. He can count himself lucky that he works for an owner that is tight with his money and one that doesn't want to pay him compensation for a sacking. Same old crap football I'm afraid!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 15:38 - Jun 25 with 2402 viewsITFCBlues

The manager has done just fine with a limited budget. Let's hope he's give. A bit more money this summer to give us a chance

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 15:53 - Jun 25 with 2369 viewsCoastalblue

He's here and will be for next season, it appears hopeful the owner may spend a little bit of money, if he does then we need to back the club with or without Mick.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 17:17 - Jun 25 with 2246 viewsHipsterectomy

Do we think that if by some miracle we start well MM is going to be giving it some to the fans? We could lose 3 in a row last season, win 1 and he would be giving some back.

I can understand if he does, and you could argue he should, but surely a new season is a clean slate for the fans as much as him and ME

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 18:57 - Jun 25 with 2155 viewsWestSussexBlue

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 17:17 - Jun 25 by Hipsterectomy

Do we think that if by some miracle we start well MM is going to be giving it some to the fans? We could lose 3 in a row last season, win 1 and he would be giving some back.

I can understand if he does, and you could argue he should, but surely a new season is a clean slate for the fans as much as him and ME

I'm more than prepared to give MM TC the benefit of the doubt and with Birmingham and Barnsley as the first couple of fixtures it's their golden chance to put 6 points on the board immediately.
If we set up and play with trepidation and lack of intent against Birmingham I'll be disappointed. If we then tip up at Oakwell and having dropped a couple of points Mick says "It's important not to get beat and an away point is always a good point then It will point to the same old.
Let's be fair both these sides are ones we should be taking maximum points from if we want a top 6 spot.
Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 19:19 - Jun 25 with 2130 viewschristiand

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 18:57 - Jun 25 by WestSussexBlue

I'm more than prepared to give MM TC the benefit of the doubt and with Birmingham and Barnsley as the first couple of fixtures it's their golden chance to put 6 points on the board immediately.
If we set up and play with trepidation and lack of intent against Birmingham I'll be disappointed. If we then tip up at Oakwell and having dropped a couple of points Mick says "It's important not to get beat and an away point is always a good point then It will point to the same old.
Let's be fair both these sides are ones we should be taking maximum points from if we want a top 6 spot.

We aren't a top 6 side and even with the new additions we won't be any higher than mid table. Top 6 is dreamworld, unless quality signings are made. Just can't see MM changing his mindset he's had the same approach throughout his managerial career, 6 weeks off and he is suddenly going to be a different person?

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 19:44 - Jun 25 with 2092 viewsWestSussexBlue

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 19:19 - Jun 25 by christiand

We aren't a top 6 side and even with the new additions we won't be any higher than mid table. Top 6 is dreamworld, unless quality signings are made. Just can't see MM changing his mindset he's had the same approach throughout his managerial career, 6 weeks off and he is suddenly going to be a different person?

I don't think we're actually that far off being a top six side, we do have enough quality in the ranks and a couple more like Huws and Garner and we'll be in reasonable shape.
However I agree with what you say and I do fear the atmosphere fear if we've failed to beat both Birmingham and Barnsley and gone out of the cup to Luton.
Login to get fewer ads

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 20:07 - Jun 25 with 2062 viewschristiand

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 19:44 - Jun 25 by WestSussexBlue

I don't think we're actually that far off being a top six side, we do have enough quality in the ranks and a couple more like Huws and Garner and we'll be in reasonable shape.
However I agree with what you say and I do fear the atmosphere fear if we've failed to beat both Birmingham and Barnsley and gone out of the cup to Luton.

For all the fans saying that we need to get behind him, I understand that, but let's not forget MM has created a lot of the animosity himself. Firstly, due to tactics and approach to games. Secondly, his reaction to criticism from fans when we continually play hoof football and fail to have any attacks - what does he expect? Thirdly, selecting certain players to p*ss us off further when they should be nowhere near the starting XI. Finally playing his favourites, when out of form, with no intention of dropping them. I certainly don't buy into the fact that the players are of poor quality, hence why we play a poor style. Personally, I think that's more a limitation of his own coaching ability and he is too far down the road to be able to turn it around. He should've been the first change that the club should've made IMO.

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 20:08 - Jun 25 with 2058 viewsNazemariner

I've got to say I disagee!

You win football matches by doing two things. Scoring goals, and stopping the opposition from scoring goals. What happens in between is the irrelevant part. Micks style of football has never been easy on the eye, but nobody was complaining(or at least they shouldn't of been) when we were finishing 6th and 7th. In those seasons we had the personel to fit the style of play, whereas last year we did not.

Get the recruitment right over the next couple of months and we have every chance. Get it wrong and we will be looking at a relegation battle.
Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 20:19 - Jun 25 with 2043 viewschristiand

Signings are irrelevant if the manager doesn't change....... on 20:08 - Jun 25 by Nazemariner

I've got to say I disagee!

You win football matches by doing two things. Scoring goals, and stopping the opposition from scoring goals. What happens in between is the irrelevant part. Micks style of football has never been easy on the eye, but nobody was complaining(or at least they shouldn't of been) when we were finishing 6th and 7th. In those seasons we had the personel to fit the style of play, whereas last year we did not.

Get the recruitment right over the next couple of months and we have every chance. Get it wrong and we will be looking at a relegation battle.

There were fans complaining during those seasons and rightly so. His style of football is poor and let's be honest if we get promoted he has shown with the sides he has managed in the Premier League that they always struggle and ultimately get relegated. Unfortunately, for MM there aren't many sides that continually play long ball that are successful in modern football. In answer to your point, we struggle to keep clean sheets and even score more than one goal a game recently - that's not a recipe for success.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024