Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BSE A&E 15:18 - Jun 25 with 3654 viewsBasuco

I had the difficult job of getting a very good mate in to Bury St Edmunds hospital through A&E last night and at 8:30PM the place was manic, waiting area rammed full and ambulances queuing up outside the door as there were no bays in the hospital to treat their patients. Patients being treated in an ambulance outside the doors of a hospital is completely ridiculous. How many really needed to be there is open to question but the current level of resources are simply not adequate. The stress level or working under those conditions must be huge. Credit to everyone there BTW.
BSE A&E on 16:35 - Jun 25 with 3506 viewsTractorWood

Ultimately there's no point stringing along the premise that we can continue as is. I don't have a strong view on which option we pick but we either need to strip it back to the essentials along the lines of its original intention or we fund it to the heavens so that it can can actually be fit for our current expectations. At the moment it's clearly unsustainable.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 16:36]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

BSE A&E on 17:20 - Jun 25 with 3446 viewsPinewoodblue

Daughter had a similar experience this week in Leicester. Taken to hospital in ambulance, they walked her from ambulance to main doors through flower beds, and down a bank, as no walkway between the two entrances.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

BSE A&E on 17:49 - Jun 25 with 3401 viewsBlue_Order

The carpark's a fücking nightmare and all.
BSE A&E on 18:28 - Jun 25 with 3341 viewsnoggin

Seriously, recognising emergencies in illness and injury should be taught at school.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

BSE A&E on 18:31 - Jun 25 with 3328 viewsnoggin

BSE A&E on 17:20 - Jun 25 by Pinewoodblue

Daughter had a similar experience this week in Leicester. Taken to hospital in ambulance, they walked her from ambulance to main doors through flower beds, and down a bank, as no walkway between the two entrances.

Why did she need an ambulance if she could walk? Serious question.

BSE A&E on 18:52 - Jun 25 with 3293 viewsyoda

He wasn't the chap who had a motorcycle accident ?
BSE A&E on 18:55 - Jun 25 with 3278 viewsMullet

BSE A&E on 18:28 - Jun 25 by noggin

Seriously, recognising emergencies in illness and injury should be taught at school.

I would love to be able to do that, can't even get a first aid course any more. I do think there should be some sort of provision for "life skills" which goes beyond assemblies and a ten minute powerpoint every so often.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

BSE A&E on 23:14 - Jun 25 with 3113 viewsBasuco

BSE A&E on 18:52 - Jun 25 by yoda

He wasn't the chap who had a motorcycle accident ?

No, we were called through just as a bloke in handcuffs was being interviewed by police after he rolled his car in Sturmer, did a runner and acted very oddly, just typical that after a long wait you have to go when something interesting comes along near you.
Login to get fewer ads

BSE A&E on 23:21 - Jun 25 with 3100 viewsjeera

BSE A&E on 23:14 - Jun 25 by Basuco

No, we were called through just as a bloke in handcuffs was being interviewed by police after he rolled his car in Sturmer, did a runner and acted very oddly, just typical that after a long wait you have to go when something interesting comes along near you.

In his defence driving in handcuffs can't be easy.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

BSE A&E on 23:38 - Jun 25 with 3070 viewsStokieBlue

BSE A&E on 18:55 - Jun 25 by Mullet

I would love to be able to do that, can't even get a first aid course any more. I do think there should be some sort of provision for "life skills" which goes beyond assemblies and a ten minute powerpoint every so often.

Should also include budgeting and cooking.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

BSE A&E on 23:46 - Jun 25 with 3059 viewsbluejake78

BSE A&E on 23:21 - Jun 25 by jeera

In his defence driving in handcuffs can't be easy.

We have all done it in years gone by.No one is Mister Perfect.I restrain nowadays.
BSE A&E on 12:20 - Jun 26 with 2923 viewsipswich78

My sister works in that A&E department (she wasn't working Saturday night though). Generally it's a pretty good A&E - their biggest headaches is people coming into A&E who really don't need to. They get so many time wasters but still have to deal with them.

The other big problem is people who come in with alcohol and drug related issues especially at the weekends. It's such a headache for the staff as more often than not these people cannot be reasoned with.

It's sad that the frontline staff have to deal with all of the above.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

BSE A&E on 12:33 - Jun 26 with 2885 viewsnoggin

BSE A&E on 12:20 - Jun 26 by ipswich78

My sister works in that A&E department (she wasn't working Saturday night though). Generally it's a pretty good A&E - their biggest headaches is people coming into A&E who really don't need to. They get so many time wasters but still have to deal with them.

The other big problem is people who come in with alcohol and drug related issues especially at the weekends. It's such a headache for the staff as more often than not these people cannot be reasoned with.

It's sad that the frontline staff have to deal with all of the above.

We also have to be polite and courteous to said time wasters and so they are unaware of our frustration at their misuse of the health service.
I have at times asked people if they really thought calling an ambulance was really necessary and most of the time they accuse me of being rude and unprofessional. I guess that is the society we have built.

BSE A&E on 12:56 - Jun 26 with 2858 viewsipswich78

BSE A&E on 12:33 - Jun 26 by noggin

We also have to be polite and courteous to said time wasters and so they are unaware of our frustration at their misuse of the health service.
I have at times asked people if they really thought calling an ambulance was really necessary and most of the time they accuse me of being rude and unprofessional. I guess that is the society we have built.

It's very sad. We do live in an entitled society nowadays it seems.

However... On the other side of the coin we're constantly bombarded with adverts about not wasting the NHS's time which are in theory correct. However, everytime I go to the doctors now (not very often I should say) I think to myself do I really need to be there and almost feel guilty about it. It slightly worries me that one day I might feel like that and it could be something serious.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024