Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? 17:51 - Jun 25 with 4287 viewsitfcjoe

Just picked up one of the shirts from Newcastle game on Sir Bobby day, really pleased.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 18:24 - Jun 25 with 4225 viewsSWGF

Is it Kieffer's? To go with the shorts?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 18:48 - Jun 25 with 4186 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 18:24 - Jun 25 by SWGF

Is it Kieffer's? To go with the shorts?

Not available, and this cost more than £3!

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 18:52 - Jun 25 with 4181 viewsSitfcB

Jordan Spence..... £465?!?!?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 18:56 - Jun 25 with 4169 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 18:52 - Jun 25 by SitfcB

Jordan Spence..... £465?!?!?

Think that was Chambo? Spence was £180 I think

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 19:20 - Jun 25 with 4127 viewsFreddies_Ears

Use it occasionally, often bargains on there. Always worth a look especially for matchworn player kit.
Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 19:29 - Jun 25 with 4090 viewsSitfcB

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 18:56 - Jun 25 by itfcjoe

Think that was Chambo? Spence was £180 I think

Ohh... yeah, must be....

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 19:40 - Jun 25 with 4070 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 19:20 - Jun 25 by Freddies_Ears

Use it occasionally, often bargains on there. Always worth a look especially for matchworn player kit.

What would you say a bargain is? These ones seem a bit more expensive due to Sir Bobby connection which is what I was interested in here.

I got an orange "3rd" shirt last season.... on 19:54 - Jun 25 with 4051 viewsBloots

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 19:40 - Jun 25 by itfcjoe

What would you say a bargain is? These ones seem a bit more expensive due to Sir Bobby connection which is what I was interested in here.

.....Sears', match prepared.

Got it for £50 I think.

Not bad, given that the kit was never released for sale.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

I got an orange "3rd" shirt last season.... on 20:04 - Jun 25 with 4026 viewsitfcjoe

I got an orange "3rd" shirt last season.... on 19:54 - Jun 25 by Bloots

.....Sears', match prepared.

Got it for £50 I think.

Not bad, given that the kit was never released for sale.

I bid on a Tommy Oar one the other day but went up to more than I was willing to spend - that's a good price. Would prob make money on that even now if you wanted to

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:12 - Jun 25 with 4008 viewsolimar

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 19:40 - Jun 25 by itfcjoe

I watched the stuff on it for a few weeks, as realised some of the old benchwear was being sold at really good value. But then I discovered two things which impact its value-
1.) The reserve prices are quite some way above the starting price, which means that you can waste time bidding on items that you wouldnt bother with if you knew the minimum price you need to pay. Thats even more of an issue if nobody else is interested in bidding, which seems quite common.
2.) The postage price is £12 on every item, regardless of size. I bought a signed Thijssen print and thought that was excessive for an A4 sheet of paper. If you are paying under £20 for an item, then it would probably put most people off to pay an extra 50%.

So, for stuff like the SBRD shirts, it will all work out, as the bidding will naturally be quite high and competitive and, with a high sale price, nobody will be bothered with a £12 delivery fee.
For everything else, Im not sure it really works and there do appear to be items that they end up relisting again.
Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:22 - Jun 25 with 3989 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:12 - Jun 25 by olimar

I watched the stuff on it for a few weeks, as realised some of the old benchwear was being sold at really good value. But then I discovered two things which impact its value-
1.) The reserve prices are quite some way above the starting price, which means that you can waste time bidding on items that you wouldnt bother with if you knew the minimum price you need to pay. Thats even more of an issue if nobody else is interested in bidding, which seems quite common.
2.) The postage price is £12 on every item, regardless of size. I bought a signed Thijssen print and thought that was excessive for an A4 sheet of paper. If you are paying under £20 for an item, then it would probably put most people off to pay an extra 50%.

So, for stuff like the SBRD shirts, it will all work out, as the bidding will naturally be quite high and competitive and, with a high sale price, nobody will be bothered with a £12 delivery fee.
For everything else, Im not sure it really works and there do appear to be items that they end up relisting again.

Agree on both points, reserves are utterly pointless - just start the auction at that price.

I was hoping I could get out of postage, but when I emailed them after I couldn't. £12 courier for an expensive shirt is one thing - but as you say it's too much for some items.

I don't think some shirts here reached reserve, but then there are 2 match prepared shirts for Kevin Bru and Toumani Diagouraga what do you expect?' Think they should've been drip fed throughout the summer prrsonally

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:36 - Jun 25 with 3948 viewsolimar

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:22 - Jun 25 by itfcjoe

Agree on both points, reserves are utterly pointless - just start the auction at that price.

I was hoping I could get out of postage, but when I emailed them after I couldn't. £12 courier for an expensive shirt is one thing - but as you say it's too much for some items.

I don't think some shirts here reached reserve, but then there are 2 match prepared shirts for Kevin Bru and Toumani Diagouraga what do you expect?' Think they should've been drip fed throughout the summer prrsonally

I think you have a point that when you are paying over £100 for an item, they can just waive the £12 postage cost really.
I was interested in one of the Orange 3rd shirts- Laursen Toures one was selling for something like £15, which seeemed worth it. But I seem to remember that the reserve was so high that you end up thinking "how rare actually is this?!". Same with Diagouraga- in 5 years time, Im not sure there will be any value in the shirt of a player who most ipswich fans will barely remember. Whos shirt did you get, btw? McGoldrick would be my guess.

Im equally surprised they are all on sale at the same time.
Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:41 - Jun 25 with 3938 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:36 - Jun 25 by olimar

I think you have a point that when you are paying over £100 for an item, they can just waive the £12 postage cost really.
I was interested in one of the Orange 3rd shirts- Laursen Toures one was selling for something like £15, which seeemed worth it. But I seem to remember that the reserve was so high that you end up thinking "how rare actually is this?!". Same with Diagouraga- in 5 years time, Im not sure there will be any value in the shirt of a player who most ipswich fans will barely remember. Whos shirt did you get, btw? McGoldrick would be my guess.

Im equally surprised they are all on sale at the same time.

I got Emyr Huws, initially wanted McG but he ended up nearly £100 more so couldn't stretch self that far. Huws had big impact in game and want to get it framed with a picture of goal or similar.

Hopefully we'll sign him too, either way a good memento of what was a really enjoyable day!

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:48 - Jun 25 with 3918 viewsolimar

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:41 - Jun 25 by itfcjoe

I got Emyr Huws, initially wanted McG but he ended up nearly £100 more so couldn't stretch self that far. Huws had big impact in game and want to get it framed with a picture of goal or similar.

Hopefully we'll sign him too, either way a good memento of what was a really enjoyable day!

Good decision, I reckon if you ask most fans, the player they will remember from that game will be Huws, because of that goal.

(Or Murphy...!)
Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:53 - Jun 25 with 3899 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:48 - Jun 25 by olimar

Good decision, I reckon if you ask most fans, the player they will remember from that game will be Huws, because of that goal.

(Or Murphy...!)

That was my thought - the 6 match worn were Huws, Chambo, McG, Berra, Kenlock and Spence. Preferred one of those to a match prepared one so happy with it.

His was cheapest of Chambo, McG and Spence and not sure the other two

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:56 - Jun 25 with 3887 viewsolimar

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:53 - Jun 25 by itfcjoe

That was my thought - the 6 match worn were Huws, Chambo, McG, Berra, Kenlock and Spence. Preferred one of those to a match prepared one so happy with it.

His was cheapest of Chambo, McG and Spence and not sure the other two

I actually noticed the other day that Berras seemed cheaper than others, maybe a reaction to him having left.
Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:58 - Jun 25 with 3883 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone used ITFC Auction website before? on 20:56 - Jun 25 by olimar

I actually noticed the other day that Berras seemed cheaper than others, maybe a reaction to him having left.

His was only £85 with a few mins left

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024