Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated 18:18 - Jun 25 with 8094 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know we struggled last year but that price is ridiculous.

Was looking through the odds on who I'll do for the championship next year and noticed we were 100/1 with paddy power. Perhaps a little bit too big but understandable.

But 5/2 to go down is far too short.

I expected 11/2 or 6/1 ish

Edit - My bet to be relegated will be Bristol City at 13/2 for what it's worth
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 18:20]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 18:24 - Jun 25 with 6509 viewsKieran_Knows

I hope Bristol City go down, cannot stand them.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 18:31 - Jun 25 with 6486 viewsJ2BLUE

I would lay a couple of hundred quid at 5/2 (3.5). Unfortunately Betfair doesn't have much liquidity in that market and 3.55 is already available so would probably need to lay at nearer 4.0 which is still pretty ridiculous.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 18:42 - Jun 25 with 6449 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 18:31 - Jun 25 by J2BLUE

I would lay a couple of hundred quid at 5/2 (3.5). Unfortunately Betfair doesn't have much liquidity in that market and 3.55 is already available so would probably need to lay at nearer 4.0 which is still pretty ridiculous.

I was going to put at the bottom of my post that I will lay anyone for a liability of £50 us to be relegated at 5/2.

But I decided against it as even though I would pay if it happened, I'm not sure who on here would and would not pay out themselves

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 18:49 - Jun 25 with 6415 viewsx123456789

Good spot on the PP odds. E/W pays 25/1 for a top 3 finish ... not bad value, obviously above what most optimists would hope for from the season but unlikely to lengthen, more room to shorten if Town happen to start the season well.
Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 18:52 - Jun 25 with 6392 viewsSitfcB

I'm offering 50/1.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 19:00 - Jun 25 with 6368 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 18:49 - Jun 25 by x123456789

Good spot on the PP odds. E/W pays 25/1 for a top 3 finish ... not bad value, obviously above what most optimists would hope for from the season but unlikely to lengthen, more room to shorten if Town happen to start the season well.

I'm gonna have a play at 'Ipswich to finish in the top half' at 11/4

Big price I think

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 19:08 - Jun 25 with 6336 viewsStokieBlue

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 19:00 - Jun 25 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm gonna have a play at 'Ipswich to finish in the top half' at 11/4

Big price I think

Out of interest, what are you basing that on?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

We've finished in the top half..... on 19:18 - Jun 25 with 6293 viewsBloots

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 19:08 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

SB

....in three out of the last four seasons.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

We've finished in the top half..... on 19:40 - Jun 25 with 6238 viewsStokieBlue

We've finished in the top half..... on 19:18 - Jun 25 by Bloots

....in three out of the last four seasons.

So we are saying past performance 3 and 4 seasons ago is worth as much as recent performances?

Surely recent performances have a heavier weighting than anything that happened 4 years ago.

I hope you're right though.

SB

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 20:00 - Jun 25 with 6196 viewsNazemariner

Sheffield Utd at 8-1 to be relegated looks a decent bet
We've finished in the top half..... on 20:05 - Jun 25 with 6180 viewsPJH

We've finished in the top half..... on 19:40 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

So we are saying past performance 3 and 4 seasons ago is worth as much as recent performances?

Surely recent performances have a heavier weighting than anything that happened 4 years ago.

I hope you're right though.

SB

Although one of our more recent performances (Newcastle at home) was probably as good as most in the last 4 years.
The trick is to try to emulate that over and over again.
Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 20:12 - Jun 25 with 6160 viewschristiand

Based on the struggle at times last season and how we finished I can see why we are seen as one of the favourites. Let's be honest, I think many fans think we are going to find it tough next season. The club stated we need to make changes, let's be honest, very little has be done during the close season and that worries me.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 20:35 - Jun 25 with 6122 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 19:08 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

SB

As last year was the first season where we haven't overperformed on the budget.

And the budget has now seemingly gone up a little.

I reckon 9th/10th/11th next season

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 21:27 - Jun 25 with 6057 viewsDinnernotTea

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 20:35 - Jun 25 by The_Romford_Blue

We've been dire since January 2015 though. I'm struggling to find 3 worse teams than us this season.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 22:08 - Jun 25 with 5978 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 21:27 - Jun 25 by DinnernotTea

We've been dire since January 2015 though. I'm struggling to find 3 worse teams than us this season.

You said the same last year and how we were definitely on the way down

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 22:14 - Jun 25 with 5953 viewsDinnernotTea

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 22:08 - Jun 25 by The_Romford_Blue

You said the same last year and how we were definitely on the way down

Well no I didn't did I. Although it's worth remembering it's 58 years since we finished that low and we only stayed up by 5 points. Surely you aren't that blue tinted to realise why bookies would have us so short?

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 22:25 - Jun 25 with 5918 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 22:14 - Jun 25 by DinnernotTea

Well no I didn't did I. Although it's worth remembering it's 58 years since we finished that low and we only stayed up by 5 points. Surely you aren't that blue tinted to realise why bookies would have us so short?

Are you denying that at stages last season you claimed we were definitely going down

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 22:51 - Jun 25 with 5877 viewsStokieBlue

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 20:35 - Jun 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Let's hope you're right.

I suspect before the next of September you will post on here at approximately 9pm on a Saturday evening, full of beer on the way back from an away game about how truly dreadful we are.

Then you'll forget.

SB

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 22:55 - Jun 25 with 5863 viewsclive_baker

Bookies odds are a piss take nowadays. 5/2 on relegation is a joke IMO. I don't think we're going to tear up any trees next season but I can't see any evidence why it would be worse than the one we've just had. Arguably some reasons to believe it could be better. I'll plump for a solid, if uninspiring 13th. I would want 7's minimum for relegation.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 23:20 - Jun 25 with 5835 viewsDinnernotTea

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 22:25 - Jun 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Are you denying that at stages last season you claimed we were definitely going down

Ah I thought you meant at the start of the season. I predicted 12th and by January yep I did think we were going down (5 point 'cushion' in the end.) Finishing on a 58 year low and getting battered by Forest makes me think the bookies have it right. McCarthy will still somehow pocket his cool £1m wage.

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 00:24 - Jun 26 with 5772 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 22:51 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

Let's hope you're right.

I suspect before the next of September you will post on here at approximately 9pm on a Saturday evening, full of beer on the way back from an away game about how truly dreadful we are.

Then you'll forget.

SB

Indeed I will. Such as Rotherham. Or Cardiff.

But then I will also post about how truly brilliant we were on occasions. Like at villa.

Part and parcel of being a football supporter really isn't it? Enjoy the good times, hate the bad ones innit?

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 00:25 - Jun 26 with 5769 viewsHARRY10

odds reflect how much money has been bet

and at this early stage it doesn't take much to move the prices
Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 00:28 - Jun 26 with 5762 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 00:25 - Jun 26 by HARRY10

odds reflect how much money has been bet

and at this early stage it doesn't take much to move the prices

At this stage, these odds would be early projected prices from the specific odds compilers.

Like in greyhound racing on Friday, Bet365 put a greyhound up on their early prices in the afternoon at 7/4. Everywhere else went 5/4. Me and my mates played 7/4, within an hour he was 6/4 and he went off and won at 1/1

The point is, the early prices on all sports markets will be done by the odds compilers.

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 07:43 - Jun 26 with 5676 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Do you bet on the sun coming up each morning? Every bloody thread you post has odds on something or other.
Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 07:46 - Jun 26 with 5668 viewsDinnernotTea

Just seen we are 5/2 in most places to be relegated on 00:24 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Indeed I will. Such as Rotherham. Or Cardiff.

But then I will also post about how truly brilliant we were on occasions. Like at villa.

Part and parcel of being a football supporter really isn't it? Enjoy the good times, hate the bad ones innit?

Villa finished mid table. Were we 'truly brilliant' that day? Might be wrong but didn't we have one shot on target all game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024