Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... 20:38 - Jun 25 with 12905 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Whilst I think he is fanning the flames of hatred and a nutcast, at some levels I have to respect his efforts for the cause, whatever that cause maybe. He does street level politics and does want to engage with people. I do believe in communities like Luton situations like this have been waiting to happen for years. He actually will always turn up when invited for universities to talk and at least try and have a debate. There is no doubt he is extremely disrespectful to the Muslim faith and going on and on about the Koran being an evil book etc etc is pure bigotry. He also seems to sit on the fence of whether its just a handful of extremists or an entire faith that is the problem. He may well have a hidden agenda due to his upbringing. The truth is though, the extremism that has going on in mainstream mosques etc did need exposing and the fact that in society people seemed to turn a bit of a blind eye to it or ignore it was going on really gave him a platform in the first place. If we hadn't sleep walked into this for years in a very PC Britain, there would be no Tommy Robinson. Like Piers Morgan even acknowledged, I also I don't disagree with everything he says.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 20:41]
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:15 - Jun 25 with 3852 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:04 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

Yes, your last point is key. He is a radicalisation threat to others. Very dangerous man.

Radicalization? You mean turning up at noon in Leicester with a 6 pack and a union jack? Saying he is as dangerous as those funneling terrorism through Islamic centers is a bit off in my opinion. It sure doesn't help but I am not convinced his ilk are capable of mass murder, are you?
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:19 - Jun 25 with 3837 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:12 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Fair points. His followers are basically lashed up patriots with nothing better to do. I standby the fact that he can talk sense at times but as my first post stated he is fanning the flames and that is dangerous.

Patriots? Not in my book.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:20 - Jun 25 with 3830 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:15 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Radicalization? You mean turning up at noon in Leicester with a 6 pack and a union jack? Saying he is as dangerous as those funneling terrorism through Islamic centers is a bit off in my opinion. It sure doesn't help but I am not convinced his ilk are capable of mass murder, are you?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/darren-osborne-appears-in-court-charged-wit

on 21:20 - Jun 25 with 3827 views_

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:15 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:20 - Jun 25 with 3826 viewsitfcjoe

What about if attacks like Finsbury Park keep happening?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:22 - Jun 25 with 3812 viewsMullet

While I'm not sure it's a competition or fair to compare the ideologies methods and outcomes, there's a very interesting blog which exposes all the criminality amongst people affiliated with Britain First and the EDL.

It seems an unlikely spoof. However if you join the dots between the violent tendencies, anti-social behaviour or the constant wasting of police resources and downright attacks on police officers like their last "event" in Manchester it's undeniable. You can check the blog out below if you're interested.

However just google "EDL" and any crime after it and plenty of results come up from local papers to national ones to all sorts of sites. That's a very worrying trend.

https://edlcriminals.com/tag/murder/

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:24 - Jun 25 with 3809 viewsBlueBadger

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:09 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

If you're talking about this guy then you're wrong. He is a disgusting human that encouraged many young Muslims to commit acts of terror.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/sep/06/anjem-choudary-jailed-for-five-y

Say what you want about Robinson and although so of his actions are dangerous he is a street protester, not a terrorist recruiter.

The EDL have a number of connections with overseas neo-nazi groups, including one Anders Brevik, who claimed to have been inspired by an 'English mentor'. People at the top pf the EDL said this about him - '“If there is someone who can put themselves across in an articulate way about the radicalisation and Islamisation of Europe then people at the top of the EDL are very welcoming.”

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon was, and seems to be returining to the role of the public face for these people who were a source of inspiration and aid to him in turn.

Britain First members regularly invade mosques with the sole intention of intimidation and incitement, EDL and BF members regularly call for the sorts of things to happen to muslims that you see Choudhry calling for, a number of EDL and BF members have been convicted of planning or committing violent acts against muslims.Personally I suspect that the only reason there hasn't been more acts of terror committed by these people is their utter lack of any kind of organisation and brain power.

They're an opposite cheek of the same arse,
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 21:33]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:25 - Jun 25 with 3797 viewsLankHenners

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:15 - Jun 25 by Mullet

A repeatedly violent man with criminal tendencies is how you might describe his behaviour.

Interesting that he is claiming the video is "edited" and he acted in self defence.

Interesting 'self-defence' technique to repeatedly try and punch someone in the head once they're on the floor.

Saw him tweet a response to someone saying an eyewitness saw him start the fight, that "your witness was a Muslim!". Exactly the sort of statement that hits with his followers - when people bring him up on things like that he just claims they're taking it out of context.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:35 - Jun 25 with 3759 viewsBecclesITFC

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:35 - Jun 25 with 3755 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:19 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

Patriots? Not in my book.

Sorry self proclaimed patriots. Nationalists.
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:39 - Jun 25 with 3742 viewsgtsb1966

on 21:20 - Jun 25 by _

I can't believe how many people were surprised at this. Is was only a matter of time.
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:41 - Jun 25 with 3727 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:39 - Jun 25 by gtsb1966

I can't believe how many people were surprised at this. Is was only a matter of time.

I don't think people were surprised to be honest. Just disappointed.

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:41 - Jun 25 with 3729 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:24 - Jun 25 by BlueBadger

The EDL have a number of connections with overseas neo-nazi groups, including one Anders Brevik, who claimed to have been inspired by an 'English mentor'. People at the top pf the EDL said this about him - '“If there is someone who can put themselves across in an articulate way about the radicalisation and Islamisation of Europe then people at the top of the EDL are very welcoming.”

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon was, and seems to be returining to the role of the public face for these people who were a source of inspiration and aid to him in turn.

Britain First members regularly invade mosques with the sole intention of intimidation and incitement, EDL and BF members regularly call for the sorts of things to happen to muslims that you see Choudhry calling for, a number of EDL and BF members have been convicted of planning or committing violent acts against muslims.Personally I suspect that the only reason there hasn't been more acts of terror committed by these people is their utter lack of any kind of organisation and brain power.

They're an opposite cheek of the same arse,
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 21:33]

Interesting and I am sure they get plenty of likes on facebook from Neo groups but I don't buy them being organized terrorists in anyway.
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:43 - Jun 25 with 3711 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:41 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting and I am sure they get plenty of likes on facebook from Neo groups but I don't buy them being organized terrorists in anyway.

I agree. But then the likes of choudary isn't/ wasn't an organised terrorist. You can preach hate and have an impact without blowing people up yourself.

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:45 - Jun 25 with 3700 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:20 - Jun 25 by itfcjoe

What about if attacks like Finsbury Park keep happening?

He was a loan nutcase with mental health problems that tried to commit suicide a few weeks ago. It was an act of terror but from what I know he didn't have any connections to any right wing groups.
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:46 - Jun 25 with 3695 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:43 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

I agree. But then the likes of choudary isn't/ wasn't an organised terrorist. You can preach hate and have an impact without blowing people up yourself.

Sorry he was different, he directly recruited to ISIS.
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:50 - Jun 25 with 3690 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:46 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sorry he was different, he directly recruited to ISIS.

I don't agree mate. Anyone who decides to go and commit mass murder because he / she hates a group of people has mental health problems.

The Finsbury fella has been reeled in by the poison he's been fed. Same as the Manchester fella and those three from London Bridge.

You don't want anyone entering that territory, so anyone promoting the hate that nudges this behaviour should be a target. That includes Robinson.

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:50 - Jun 25 with 3685 viewstractordownsouth

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 20:57 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

When he went to that Anti Brexit march to interview some of the protesters it was genuinely funny.

Yes there were some idiots there. But he was just as bad.

For example he stated that the only way you can support democracy, ( the freedom of choice to vote for who you want) is by voting Leave.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:51 - Jun 25 with 3683 viewsgtsb1966

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:41 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

I don't think people were surprised to be honest. Just disappointed.

When England 'fans' used to go on the rampage I knew quite a few people who took pride in that. I've heard a couple of people talk with a sense of pride and revenge about the Finsbury park incident too. If we don't have some kind of calm for a couple of years I can only see a tit for tat scenario .
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:52 - Jun 25 with 3675 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:51 - Jun 25 by gtsb1966

When England 'fans' used to go on the rampage I knew quite a few people who took pride in that. I've heard a couple of people talk with a sense of pride and revenge about the Finsbury park incident too. If we don't have some kind of calm for a couple of years I can only see a tit for tat scenario .

I don't envisage calm being imminent.

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:57 - Jun 25 with 3649 viewsitfcjoe

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:45 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He was a loan nutcase with mental health problems that tried to commit suicide a few weeks ago. It was an act of terror but from what I know he didn't have any connections to any right wing groups.

Anyone who actually goes through with any attack is a loner with mental health issues.

Robinson is just another puppet master like the hate preachers he despises, putting hate and blame into people's heads without the critical thinking ability to see through it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:04 - Jun 25 with 3619 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 21:50 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

I don't agree mate. Anyone who decides to go and commit mass murder because he / she hates a group of people has mental health problems.

The Finsbury fella has been reeled in by the poison he's been fed. Same as the Manchester fella and those three from London Bridge.

You don't want anyone entering that territory, so anyone promoting the hate that nudges this behaviour should be a target. That includes Robinson.

Sorry but as I am posting from afar I didn't get too much info on the news and haven't read lots about it. Was the Finsbury guy in anyway influenced then? This seemed more of an incident like we sadly see in the schools out here of a loaner having a hard time deciding to do this crazy act.

On a broader point terrorism is being redefined these days. I am not even sure it has to have a political motivation anymore. These are hate crimes but the worst of the worst crimes because people are losing their lives. I mean Al Qaeda were heavily funded and planned in years. They went for the spectacular. ISIS is very different but probably more scary as it just feels it could happen at anytime in the places we live.

It's a shame as Robinson had a chance to build some bridges and go more mainstream but has fallen back into it all.
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:10 - Jun 25 with 3597 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:04 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sorry but as I am posting from afar I didn't get too much info on the news and haven't read lots about it. Was the Finsbury guy in anyway influenced then? This seemed more of an incident like we sadly see in the schools out here of a loaner having a hard time deciding to do this crazy act.

On a broader point terrorism is being redefined these days. I am not even sure it has to have a political motivation anymore. These are hate crimes but the worst of the worst crimes because people are losing their lives. I mean Al Qaeda were heavily funded and planned in years. They went for the spectacular. ISIS is very different but probably more scary as it just feels it could happen at anytime in the places we live.

It's a shame as Robinson had a chance to build some bridges and go more mainstream but has fallen back into it all.

We know little about the finsbury fella as he lives on and court will follow which limits reporting. But of course he has been influenced. It's not normal behaviour to hire a van, drive it a couple of hundred of miles, and then ram it into a bunch of complete strangers who have never done anything to harm you.

on 22:16 - Jun 25 with 3582 views_

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:10 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

We know little about the finsbury fella as he lives on and court will follow which limits reporting. But of course he has been influenced. It's not normal behaviour to hire a van, drive it a couple of hundred of miles, and then ram it into a bunch of complete strangers who have never done anything to harm you.

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:23 - Jun 25 with 3556 viewsclive_baker

on 22:16 - Jun 25 by _

Didn't Corbyn just mop up UKIP's voters 2 weeks ago?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024