Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... 20:38 - Jun 25 with 12907 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Whilst I think he is fanning the flames of hatred and a nutcast, at some levels I have to respect his efforts for the cause, whatever that cause maybe. He does street level politics and does want to engage with people. I do believe in communities like Luton situations like this have been waiting to happen for years. He actually will always turn up when invited for universities to talk and at least try and have a debate. There is no doubt he is extremely disrespectful to the Muslim faith and going on and on about the Koran being an evil book etc etc is pure bigotry. He also seems to sit on the fence of whether its just a handful of extremists or an entire faith that is the problem. He may well have a hidden agenda due to his upbringing. The truth is though, the extremism that has going on in mainstream mosques etc did need exposing and the fact that in society people seemed to turn a bit of a blind eye to it or ignore it was going on really gave him a platform in the first place. If we hadn't sleep walked into this for years in a very PC Britain, there would be no Tommy Robinson. Like Piers Morgan even acknowledged, I also I don't disagree with everything he says.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 20:41]
on 22:25 - Jun 25 with 2133 views_

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:23 - Jun 25 by clive_baker

Didn't Corbyn just mop up UKIP's voters 2 weeks ago?

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:29 - Jun 25 with 2112 viewsclive_baker

on 22:25 - Jun 25 by _

I'm not into betting on tragic events like that, sorry. Doesn't sit overly well with me.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

on 22:32 - Jun 25 with 2102 views_

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:29 - Jun 25 by clive_baker

I'm not into betting on tragic events like that, sorry. Doesn't sit overly well with me.

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:41 - Jun 25 with 2086 viewsANNA3ROA

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 20:56 - Jun 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Don't disagree with any of that. He often speaks quite well in my opinion for someone who by his own admission is a working class uneducated lad but then slips into his rhetoric. I was excited to see him sharing platforms with Muslims when he left the EDL. I don't really know what he associates himself with these days or who he speaks for? I thought he was on anti extremist think tank? But now seems to be back sounding like an EDL ringleader?

He is putting himself at risk for his beliefs and what he stands for, at some level I do respect him for it but his views are too extreme.

I agree with you until you say extreme? Tommy was born in Luton and if you watch his videos on you tube you can see why Luton is like raqqa. I live in NW London and I now feel the same.
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:42 - Jun 25 with 2074 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:41 - Jun 25 by ANNA3ROA

I agree with you until you say extreme? Tommy was born in Luton and if you watch his videos on you tube you can see why Luton is like raqqa. I live in NW London and I now feel the same.

Anna, have you been to raqqa? Jesus.

Anyway, how's Hendon's pre season looking?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

on 22:45 - Jun 25 with 2064 views_

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:41 - Jun 25 by ANNA3ROA

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:47 - Jun 25 with 2054 viewsANNA3ROA

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:42 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

Anna, have you been to raqqa? Jesus.

Anyway, how's Hendon's pre season looking?

Hello Hendon's pre season looking good? signed some good players should do a lot better I hope?
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:49 - Jun 25 with 2047 viewsm14_blue

Luton's like Raqqa?

That league cup draw looks worse and worse.
Login to get fewer ads

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:51 - Jun 25 with 2045 viewsclive_baker

Islam, like any religion, shouldn't be free from challenge. Elements are based on dangerous and barbaric 7th century ideologies that have no place in modern Western civilisation as we know it. Sexist teachings, homophobic, a prophet and founder of Islam, Muhammed, who supposedly killed 700 innocent Jews. Traditional Hadith sources state that he married his wife Aisha when she was 6, consummating it 3 years later when she was 9 and he was 53. This doesn't make for a suitable role model in the same way Hitler and Stalin don't.

The issue with Tommy Robinson however is that he's a racist c**t. He raises some valid points, Islam needs to evolve as do and have other religions, but his motive isn't that. He, for years, has (successfully you could argue) attempted to victimise and isolate an entire religion and cause division in the UK. As others have said he often shows his true colours as just a nasty, hate preaching pr1ck. It scares me that he's #1 best seller on Amazon right now as we need unity rather than divide now as much as ever. Unfortunately he's quite clever at what he does, he intertwines some arguments and issues that are hard to disagree with, together with his outright bigotry, and people are left thinking 'yeah this guy is on to something'.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:53 - Jun 25 with 2029 viewsm14_blue

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:51 - Jun 25 by clive_baker

Islam, like any religion, shouldn't be free from challenge. Elements are based on dangerous and barbaric 7th century ideologies that have no place in modern Western civilisation as we know it. Sexist teachings, homophobic, a prophet and founder of Islam, Muhammed, who supposedly killed 700 innocent Jews. Traditional Hadith sources state that he married his wife Aisha when she was 6, consummating it 3 years later when she was 9 and he was 53. This doesn't make for a suitable role model in the same way Hitler and Stalin don't.

The issue with Tommy Robinson however is that he's a racist c**t. He raises some valid points, Islam needs to evolve as do and have other religions, but his motive isn't that. He, for years, has (successfully you could argue) attempted to victimise and isolate an entire religion and cause division in the UK. As others have said he often shows his true colours as just a nasty, hate preaching pr1ck. It scares me that he's #1 best seller on Amazon right now as we need unity rather than divide now as much as ever. Unfortunately he's quite clever at what he does, he intertwines some arguments and issues that are hard to disagree with, together with his outright bigotry, and people are left thinking 'yeah this guy is on to something'.

Accidental down vote, sorry.
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:58 - Jun 25 with 2014 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:47 - Jun 25 by ANNA3ROA

Hello Hendon's pre season looking good? signed some good players should do a lot better I hope?

We've lost a few. Got Millwall coming down for a party in a couple of weeks. See you next season man.

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 23:04 - Jun 25 with 1993 viewsANNA3ROA

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:58 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

We've lost a few. Got Millwall coming down for a party in a couple of weeks. See you next season man.

I hope you have a better season as well.
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 23:08 - Jun 25 with 1982 viewsANNA3ROA

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 22:49 - Jun 25 by m14_blue

Luton's like Raqqa?

That league cup draw looks worse and worse.

Forgot about the cup draw? Are pubs banned in Luton?
That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 23:10 - Jun 25 with 1973 viewsvapour_trail

That ex EDL chap Tommy Robinson, now I tread carefully here....... on 23:08 - Jun 25 by ANNA3ROA

Forgot about the cup draw? Are pubs banned in Luton?

The Cock was my favourite Luton boozer when I lived there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024