Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Helsinki Blues? 21:22 - Jun 25 with 2011 viewsTIB

Massive long shot...but if there are any Helsinki-based Blues on here could you give me a shout.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Helsinki Blues? on 09:21 - Jun 26 with 1935 viewsBlueFin

Not at all. Here's one. Living here or just visiting?
Helsinki Blues? on 13:50 - Jun 26 with 1858 viewsTIB

Helsinki Blues? on 09:21 - Jun 26 by BlueFin

Not at all. Here's one. Living here or just visiting?

I knew there would be one...TWTD always comes through!!!

I'm in Helsinki for all of about 4hrs on Friday 11th August and am need of somewhere to get camp fuel + purchase a cheap used bicycle. I've got 4hrs as I have to catch the 8pm train to Kolari.

Do you know of any such shops I could try for the above?

Helsinki Blues? on 10:08 - Jun 27 with 1757 viewsBlueFin

Helsinki Blues? on 13:50 - Jun 26 by TIB

I knew there would be one...TWTD always comes through!!!

I'm in Helsinki for all of about 4hrs on Friday 11th August and am need of somewhere to get camp fuel + purchase a cheap used bicycle. I've got 4hrs as I have to catch the 8pm train to Kolari.

Do you know of any such shops I could try for the above?

All right, cheap and Finland doesn't come along very well. So finding a really cheap bike might be a struggle. I've bought one fairly cheap city bike once from Greenbike ( http://www.greenbike.fi/kpyorat_en.html) which was just over 100 euros. Its located in central Helsinki. There is limited parking space there, if you're with a car here.

Camp fuel is sold in every department and hardware store here. Its an easy task to find. Stockmann is a major store in central Helsinki, I think you'd get it from there. Fairly short walk from bike shop. It has own underground parking lot, which costs around 7 euros per hour.

4 hours isn't much, but surely enough to get you a bike, fuel, snacks, etc. Have a nice vacation in Finland. Weather could be better, but cold weather means less mosquitos. But I would strongly advice to buy good mosquito repellant if you're travelling to Lapland! Otherwise they will eat you alive :)
Helsinki Blues? on 11:26 - Jun 27 with 1698 viewsnoggin

Helsinki Blues? on 10:08 - Jun 27 by BlueFin

All right, cheap and Finland doesn't come along very well. So finding a really cheap bike might be a struggle. I've bought one fairly cheap city bike once from Greenbike ( http://www.greenbike.fi/kpyorat_en.html) which was just over 100 euros. Its located in central Helsinki. There is limited parking space there, if you're with a car here.

Camp fuel is sold in every department and hardware store here. Its an easy task to find. Stockmann is a major store in central Helsinki, I think you'd get it from there. Fairly short walk from bike shop. It has own underground parking lot, which costs around 7 euros per hour.

4 hours isn't much, but surely enough to get you a bike, fuel, snacks, etc. Have a nice vacation in Finland. Weather could be better, but cold weather means less mosquitos. But I would strongly advice to buy good mosquito repellant if you're travelling to Lapland! Otherwise they will eat you alive :)

If Finland is anything like Norway, you'll be able to buy gas at any petrol station or garden centre too.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Helsinki Blues? on 21:31 - Jun 28 with 1563 viewsTIB

Helsinki Blues? on 10:08 - Jun 27 by BlueFin

Thanks Fin. Green Bike said to stop by when I get there...to be honest though, I'm hoping they'll be something super cheap in there as I'm ditching the bike in Norway. Do you know of any used pages in Helsinki where people might sell bikes?

Bug repellant and mosquito nets packed. I have toyed with changing my route purely because of the hassle/rush of getting a bike and making it to train and then some folk on Lonely Planet saying the ride between Kolari and Kiruna won't be that great...I'm loathed to fly to Stockholm and then catch another flight to Kiruna...quite like the idea of the night train up to Lapland what with the midnight sun still being around.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024