Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising 23:25 - Jun 25 with 15071 viewsSimonds92

him whilst claiming some unheard of (or old and past it) band are incredible, you are clearly in the minority. The normal criticism of 'mainstream' music is that it's all manufactured. This guy writes his own music, sings, raps, creates his own music without anyone as a backing singer so I realistically cannot understand anyone having a dig. We all have different opinions and tastes in music clearly but I hate the attitude of having to have a dig at someone because they're successful.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 23:29 - Jun 25 with 8970 viewsLord_Lucan

I can't comment. I didn't see it and I don't think I know any of his songs.

He seems a nice bloke though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 23:35 - Jun 25 with 8941 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 23:29 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

You must know some of his songs. They're the ones that are always on the radio and played in retail outlets and hospitality venues.

He's not even in my top 50 artists due to personal taste but if find it really upsetting and disheartening when people from his own neck of the woods say he's not very good. He clearly is very good.

You were right to not comment as you hadn't seen it.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 23:42 - Jun 25 with 8907 viewsLord_Lucan

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 23:35 - Jun 25 by BelvedereBrunswick

You must know some of his songs. They're the ones that are always on the radio and played in retail outlets and hospitality venues.

He's not even in my top 50 artists due to personal taste but if find it really upsetting and disheartening when people from his own neck of the woods say he's not very good. He clearly is very good.

You were right to not comment as you hadn't seen it.

I really don't think I know them and I don't listen to mainstream radio.

I will watch the set tomorrow though and cheer the Suffolk boy on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 23:52 - Jun 25 with 8870 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 23:42 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I really don't think I know them and I don't listen to mainstream radio.

I will watch the set tomorrow though and cheer the Suffolk boy on.

I think people just get annoyed with hearing things like "Oh yeah somebody I work with's sister saw him in Asda once before he was big" or "Would like to see where these people were when he was playing to 12 hairy people in The Steamboat" or "I taught him how to play the f*****g guitar"

Can't really be avoided when somebody local is winning Grammys.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 02:09 - Jun 26 with 8789 viewsIllinoisblue

It's just music. Like what you like.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 06:40 - Jun 26 with 8674 viewsbrogansnose

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 02:09 - Jun 26 by Illinoisblue

It's just music. Like what you like.

Agree. Its that easy Illy.

Plenty of music out there and theres something for everyone.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:03 - Jun 26 with 8626 viewsPJH

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 23:29 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I agree with that.

I can honestly say that I have never heard any of his stuff(not knowingly anyway) although I know that he did one about Framlingham Castle.

He does seem a nice bloke and he has his picture in the EADT every day.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:33 - Jun 26 with 8561 viewsBackToRussia

He's dog sh1te

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:38 - Jun 26 with 8537 viewssolemio

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:33 - Jun 26 by BackToRussia

He's dog sh1te

And he speaks so well of you.

He and you are both human beings. Which of you more nearly fulfills your pleasant description? Well, it's not ES.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:56 - Jun 26 with 8489 viewsBackToRussia

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:38 - Jun 26 by solemio

And he speaks so well of you.

He and you are both human beings. Which of you more nearly fulfills your pleasant description? Well, it's not ES.

You don't know him or me

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:59 - Jun 26 with 8471 viewsHerbivore

His music is terrible but I bear no ill will towards him for making rubbish music.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 08:15 - Jun 26 with 8431 viewsBluebell

Agree with the OP.

If everybody liked the same music, it would be a very boring world.

I have heard a few of Ed Sheeran's songs on the radio and quite liked them. Heard him singing a rap one and didn't like it much but then I don't like many rap songs. Each to their own of course.

I am sure he doesn't give a damn about a few people on a football forum criticising him though. Let's face it, he is a multi-millionaire now, I doubt he loses sleep if people don't like his music!
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 09:18 - Jun 26 with 8312 viewsHeathlander

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:56 - Jun 26 by BackToRussia

You don't know him or me

You obviously know him very well though to comment on him being dog sh1te.

He is obviously incredibly talented to be so successful without the trappings of being a typical teen idol and without the backing of Cowell behind him. His success is based purely on his song writing talent. He has written many number one hits for other artists too which just proves his talent.

I like him. Top bloke too.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 09:22 - Jun 26 with 8296 viewsGuthrum

Remember seeing James Blunt a few years ago (at Glasto). Not really my cup of tea at all (wrong kind of whimsical, no heavy guitars or Hammond organ, no mythical beasts), but he was a good performer, was having a good time, interacted with the crowd well - and he was clearly talented. I enjoyed watching his set.

Didn't turn me into a fan, would not buy or voluntarily listen to his music. But not at all bad live.

Tend to put Sheeran in a similar category, tho I have never been to one of his gigs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 09:26 - Jun 26 with 8285 viewsSwansea_Blue

Classic case of people mistaking 'preference' for 'quality'. I wouldn't buy an album of his, but it's pretty clear the guy is very talented. He also seems pretty humble and self-deprecating considering how much of a star he is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 09:32 - Jun 26 with 8257 viewsflimflam

The guy is talented that's for sure and when I was in USA couple of years ago he was all over the radio there too.

Personally I hate his music but he obviously has a massive fan base, just not for me.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 10:00 - Jun 26 with 8219 viewsGeoffSentence

Is it snobbery to not like his music? I'd say it is just personal taste.

Personally I'm not keen on his music, but then there are a lot less people who like the sort of music that I like than like the sort of music he makes.

So fair play to him.

And for a kind of weird looking ginger kid he gets to hang round with some pretty hot women.

So double fair play to him.

He also bigs up Suffolk quite a lot and is an active supporter of Suffolk businesses (note the Hoax T-shirts he often wears - Hoax is Suffolk business)

So triple fair play to him.

Still not that keen on his music though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 10:16 - Jun 26 with 8183 viewsITFC_Forever

Oops, down-voted by mistake.

Not especially my cup of tea, but I can appreciate the talent he has and he's inoffensive enough.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 17:37 - Jun 26 with 7998 viewsstantheman

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:59 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

His music is terrible but I bear no ill will towards him for making rubbish music.

Yeah makes sense saying his music is not to your taste so he must be rubbish. Durhhhhh.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 17:42 - Jun 26 with 7989 viewsTrequartista

Buying an Ed Sheeran record would be like going to a banquet and having a cheese sandwich. Nice but nothing special.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 17:51 - Jun 26 with 7972 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:59 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

His music isn't 'terrible' though is it?

He's one of the most successful musicians in the world right now.

Just because you don't like his style, that doesn't make his music terrible.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 18:17 - Jun 26 with 7945 viewsGogs

He's a local lad made good, so well done him. He's very talented despite the fact I don't like much of his stuff, saw him in about 2009 at the Steamboat just before he got signed, it was clear then he'd go on to bigger and better things, so I won't criticise him just for the sake of it. Having said that, Galway Girl is the most cliched load of crap he's ever done, and one of the worst songs I've heard in years.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 18:54 - Jun 26 with 7918 viewsHerbivore

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 17:51 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

His music isn't 'terrible' though is it?

He's one of the most successful musicians in the world right now.

Just because you don't like his style, that doesn't make his music terrible.

It is terrible. It's bland, generic pap.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 19:33 - Jun 26 with 7874 viewsBackToRussia

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 09:18 - Jun 26 by Heathlander

You obviously know him very well though to comment on him being dog sh1te.

He is obviously incredibly talented to be so successful without the trappings of being a typical teen idol and without the backing of Cowell behind him. His success is based purely on his song writing talent. He has written many number one hits for other artists too which just proves his talent.

I like him. Top bloke too.

I've heard a few songs and they're all dog sh1te its that simple for me. I didn't realise so many people on here were close acquaintances of his

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 19:39 - Jun 26 with 7862 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 18:54 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

It is terrible. It's bland, generic pap.

You're talking sh1te

He's rated as one of the best in the world.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024