Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising 23:25 - Jun 25 with 15070 viewsSimonds92

him whilst claiming some unheard of (or old and past it) band are incredible, you are clearly in the minority. The normal criticism of 'mainstream' music is that it's all manufactured. This guy writes his own music, sings, raps, creates his own music without anyone as a backing singer so I realistically cannot understand anyone having a dig. We all have different opinions and tastes in music clearly but I hate the attitude of having to have a dig at someone because they're successful.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 19:48 - Jun 26 with 5171 viewsBackToRussia

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 18:54 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

It is terrible. It's bland, generic pap.

He's a great bloke tho apparently even though that's completely irrelevant anyway

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 20:34 - Jun 26 with 5151 viewssolemio

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 19:33 - Jun 26 by BackToRussia

I've heard a few songs and they're all dog sh1te its that simple for me. I didn't realise so many people on here were close acquaintances of his

You've made this rather pathetic point before.

I really would advise you not to get into a battle of wits as you are clearly far too lightly armed for such a conflict.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 20:37 - Jun 26 with 5145 viewsGlasgowBlue

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 19:48 - Jun 26 by BackToRussia

He's a great bloke tho apparently even though that's completely irrelevant anyway

I wouldn't let it bother that much. It's music. Some people like it some people don't.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 20:48 - Jun 26 with 5127 viewsSuperfrans

I agree.

It's a part of a British culture though, sadly. If he was American, they'd be embracing as some all-American hero, conquering the world etc etc.

I can understand some people don't like his music. There are lots of different types of music and different tastes, but it's hard to argue against the credibility/authenticity of a guy who can play to the whole of Wembley Stadium, with nothing but a guitar and some pedals. Not a single backing musician, support band, nothing.

Hats off to the fella.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 21:31 - Jun 26 with 5110 viewsBackToRussia

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 20:37 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

I wouldn't let it bother that much. It's music. Some people like it some people don't.

It doesn't bother me just throwing my tuppence in.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 21:32 - Jun 26 with 5109 viewsBackToRussia

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 20:34 - Jun 26 by solemio

You've made this rather pathetic point before.

I really would advise you not to get into a battle of wits as you are clearly far too lightly armed for such a conflict.

I don't remember even interacting with you tbh and your post is almost entirely abuse

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 21:41 - Jun 26 with 5100 viewsMJallday

mrs mj has a couple of his cds in the car. she and the kids like his stuff

ive tried listening but its really not my sort of music, all of his songs sound the same to me.

anyone who can write songs and play an instrument like he can is indeed, very talented - so i wish him all the sucess he can get.

his only fault is he's ginger.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 06:51 - Jun 27 with 5031 viewsBackToRussia

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 19:39 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

You're talking sh1te

He's rated as one of the best in the world.

By who

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Login to get fewer ads

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:18 - Jun 27 with 5021 viewsLimitlessBlue

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 06:51 - Jun 27 by BackToRussia

By who

Ed Sheeran has seen Taylor Swift's fanny. Just remember that - the guy is god!

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:24 - Jun 27 with 5016 viewsRimmersBrace

Bl00dy awful. He is probably a good song writer but he has a terrible voice and is crying out for a better producer. Also totally cringeworthy seeing a white ginger rap. WTF is all that about?

Anyway my kids have now gone off him so that's the end of his career.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:37 - Jun 27 with 5013 viewsBackToRussia

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:18 - Jun 27 by LimitlessBlue

Ed Sheeran has seen Taylor Swift's fanny. Just remember that - the guy is god!

jesus

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:54 - Jun 27 with 5008 viewsHerbivore

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 19:39 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

You're talking sh1te

Rated as one of the best what in the world? And by whom exactly?

His music is incredibly bland and rather generic. He's very good at writing bland, generic pop songs that people seem to like. More power to him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 08:04 - Jun 27 with 4998 viewsLimitlessBlue

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:37 - Jun 27 by BackToRussia

jesus

not into early morning childhish smut early in the morning?

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 08:07 - Jun 27 with 4989 viewsBackToRussia

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 08:04 - Jun 27 by LimitlessBlue

not into early morning childhish smut early in the morning?

I'm torn, honestly

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 11:24 - Jun 27 with 4952 viewsJ2BLUE

So no one can criticise Ed Sheeran but you can slate the Foo Fighters?

For what it's worth I like Ed. His music is ok and he's a decent advert for Suffolk. I wouldn't buy his stuff but when it comes on the radio I don't turn it over.

The Foo Fighters were brilliant.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 11:38 - Jun 27 with 4931 viewsIP4_Blue

I don't know why people get so worked up it's just music and we all have different tastes in music, I like Ed and like his music, I love Radiohead but there not for everyone I couldn't care less if people say Radiohead are boring/crap each to there own
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 11:39 - Jun 27 with 4927 viewsPhilTWTD

He's no Jegsy Dodd and the Sons of Harry Cross.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 11:44 - Jun 27 with 4914 viewsIP4_Blue

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 11:39 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

He's no Jegsy Dodd and the Sons of Harry Cross.

who
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 11:51 - Jun 27 with 4900 viewsCrock

I have heard him on the radio. He is incredibly bland.

Poll: Favourite number?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 11:52 - Jun 27 with 4896 viewsRyorry

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 19:33 - Jun 26 by BackToRussia

I've heard a few songs and they're all dog sh1te its that simple for me. I didn't realise so many people on here were close acquaintances of his

And there was me thinking you were just trying to get a whoosh or three!

Maybe if you'd said "I think he is" instead of "he is" ...

Taste in music is one of the most subjective things there is in life for humans.

I agree with Geoff Sentence - personally I don't see why so many think he's so special, I find his music bland and boring - but that's not snobbery, it's just my personal taste. The rap band that followed him on Sun night (just the highlights by that time I think) on the other hand, I found amazing - great to both hear and watch - huge energy, exciting and fun. Each to their own!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 12:05 - Jun 27 with 4882 viewshype313

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 07:24 - Jun 27 by RimmersBrace

Bl00dy awful. He is probably a good song writer but he has a terrible voice and is crying out for a better producer. Also totally cringeworthy seeing a white ginger rap. WTF is all that about?

Anyway my kids have now gone off him so that's the end of his career.

Crying out for a better producer? They guy was number 1 and number 2 in 96 countries!

His music doesn't do it for me, but this fashionable bashing of him is tiresome.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 12:12 - Jun 27 with 4867 viewsDolly2.0

Similar to the way people slag off Coldplay on here. I'm not a huge fan these days and I'm not sure I actually own an album of theirs, but they've written some damn good songs.

This is an excellent one, for example:

Seen them live at V as well and it was one of the best live performances I've seen. Chris Martin is mesmerising to watch when in fall swing.

But for some reason it's very easy to sneer at them on here. I don't see the point in sneering at any music other people like but I don't.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 21:55 - Jun 29 with 4756 viewsJ2BLUE

I really like this

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 22:10 - Jun 29 with 4736 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You're talking sh1te

It's overrated generic nothingness, wherever he came from (Wasn't it Halifax anyway?). There I said it.
People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 22:11 - Jun 29 with 4735 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

People that have a snobbery towards Ed Sheeran criticising on 23:42 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

I really don't think I know them and I don't listen to mainstream radio.

I will watch the set tomorrow though and cheer the Suffolk boy on.

He's from West Yorkshire and supports Chelsea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024