Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. 07:46 - Jun 26 with 31408 viewsSwn98

How low will this man stoop to get into political power claiming the poor residents of Grenville tower were murdered.
This tragedy should be above politics until those survivors are sorted out and the judicial process can begin.

This post has been edited by an administrator
John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 22:29 - Jun 26 with 7082 viewsDolly2.0

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 15:56 - Jun 26 by Lightningboy

McDonnell and especially Corbyn are typical politicians - just blame the opposition for everything.

I'm no tory or a fan of May but at least she's trying to get on with a bloody difficult job - what the hell was Corbyn doing at Glastonbury?!..the guy is an absolute chancer,just trying to build up his cult status amongst the students and the unwashed..all the crocodile tears and fake hugs over the past couple of weeks are vomit-inducing.

What's wrong with Corbyn being at Glastonbury? He's not in office, so he can go where he wants - and he went down a storm.

Glastonbury isn't just students and the unwashed. You show your agenda with this comment.

What was May doing at the France v England game just before the Brexit negotiations?!?

Corbyn is quite clearly NOT a typical politician. That's why so many have been enthused by him.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 23:02 - Jun 26 with 7053 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 22:11 - Jun 26 by lowhouseblue

i'm not an apologist for anything. i just don't think anyone should link this tragedy to austerity without solid evidence.

were the hundreds of missing fire doors in camden council run housing blocks the result of austerity?

Quite possibly....have people been nicking them ?
Do you think austerity has any consequences or are you still awaiting scientific evidence......who do you expect to fund that research?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 23:29 - Jun 26 with 7042 viewsStokieBlue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 22:29 - Jun 26 by Dolly2.0

What's wrong with Corbyn being at Glastonbury? He's not in office, so he can go where he wants - and he went down a storm.

Glastonbury isn't just students and the unwashed. You show your agenda with this comment.

What was May doing at the France v England game just before the Brexit negotiations?!?

Corbyn is quite clearly NOT a typical politician. That's why so many have been enthused by him.

Bit of a silly comment, May was in a visit to France and was at the match after meetings with Macron, the new leader of one of our biggest allies.

You know, head of state stuff?

You've really gone full cult of Corbyn. I hope when he achieves power you'll be shelling out more for the good of everyone.

The thing is, everyone (me included) warmed to him during the election campaign and since then he seems to have started to believe his own hype. It's disappointing.

SB
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 23:37]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 23:40 - Jun 26 with 7034 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 23:29 - Jun 26 by StokieBlue

Bit of a silly comment, May was in a visit to France and was at the match after meetings with Macron, the new leader of one of our biggest allies.

You've really gone full cult of Corbyn. I hope when he achieves power you'll be shelling out more for the good of everyone.

The thing is, everyone (me included) warmed to him during the election campaign and since then he seems to have started to believe his own hype. It's disappointing.

SB

He will be Stokie, so will you,me & everyone else.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 23:49 - Jun 26 with 7022 viewsSwansea_Blue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 23:40 - Jun 26 by StochesStotasBlewe

He will be Stokie, so will you,me & everyone else.

Won't make any difference to now then.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 00:11 - Jun 27 with 7009 viewsDolly2.0

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 23:29 - Jun 26 by StokieBlue

SB

I was being facetious due to the person I was replying to saying what the hell was Corbyn doing at Glastonbury.

I'm surprised a man of your intellect didn't spot that.

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 00:22 - Jun 27 with 6999 viewsStokieBlue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 00:11 - Jun 27 by Dolly2.0

I was being facetious due to the person I was replying to saying what the hell was Corbyn doing at Glastonbury.

I'm surprised a man of your intellect didn't spot that.

To be honest, the way you've been posting the last week it's very hard to tell.

Maybe I'm wrong and if so then apologies but you're posts over the last week have been getting a little ranty.

What did you think of McDonnell's comments at Glastonbury? Detestable weren't they? Surely JC should be distancing himself from him?

SB

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 08:23 - Jun 27 with 6953 viewsimsureazzure

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 00:22 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

Maybe I'm wrong and if so then apologies but you're posts over the last week have been getting a little ranty.

What did you think of McDonnell's comments at Glastonbury? Detestable weren't they? Surely JC should be distancing himself from him?

SB

Difficult to distance himself from the puppet master.
Login to get fewer ads

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 09:57 - Jun 27 with 6924 viewsDolly2.0

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 00:22 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

SB

I don't think I've been anymore ranty than normal

I didn't see/hear his rant. I'd like to watch it in context before making judgement. Doesn't look great from what people are saying on here.

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 10:30 - Jun 27 with 6904 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 09:57 - Jun 27 by Dolly2.0

I don't think I've been anymore ranty than normal

I didn't see/hear his rant. I'd like to watch it in context before making judgement. Doesn't look great from what people are saying on here.

This is the man who pulls Corbyn's strings.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 12:20 - Jun 27 with 6870 viewsDolly2.0

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 10:30 - Jun 27 by GlasgowBlue

This is the man who pulls Corbyn's strings.

Hmm. I don't know what to say really. Maybe he's right. I don't know if bad political decisions contributed to the situation but can see how it's possible. I don't know if lack of firefighters caused deaths.

They are strong words for sure, but are they based in fact?

BTW, just because I voted Labour does not necessarily mean I support John McDonnell.

EDIT: There also seems to be some of the speech missing. What was cut out and why?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 12:21]

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 12:35 - Jun 27 with 6844 viewsStokieBlue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 12:20 - Jun 27 by Dolly2.0

Hmm. I don't know what to say really. Maybe he's right. I don't know if bad political decisions contributed to the situation but can see how it's possible. I don't know if lack of firefighters caused deaths.

They are strong words for sure, but are they based in fact?

BTW, just because I voted Labour does not necessarily mean I support John McDonnell.

EDIT: There also seems to be some of the speech missing. What was cut out and why?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 12:21]

I would be interested to know what form of government he would like since he said democracy hasn't worked.

SB

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 12:37 - Jun 27 with 6839 viewsGavTWTD

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 07:48 - Jun 26 by Swn98

Sorry meant to post this under general posts.

(you can change the category afterwards by editing it)

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 13:14 - Jun 27 with 6808 viewsMaySixth

Who is John McDonald?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 13:40 - Jun 27 with 6793 viewsDolly2.0

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 12:35 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

I would be interested to know what form of government he would like since he said democracy hasn't worked.

SB

Indeed. Maybe he got his words mixed up and he meant austerity hasn't worked.

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 13:45 - Jun 27 with 6779 viewsBorisOrTrevor

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 13:40 - Jun 27 by Dolly2.0

Communism does not include a vote. Well not unless you are being voted on to a committee of some sort.

This man is a disgrace for saying what he said about murder, there are no excuses for it.

BOT

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 13:47 - Jun 27 with 6774 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 13:40 - Jun 27 by Dolly2.0

No. He has said before that democracy doesn't work.

Iron Lion Zion

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 15:45 - Jun 27 with 6735 viewsDolly2.0

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 13:47 - Jun 27 by GlasgowBlue

No. He has said before that democracy doesn't work.

I was being flippant.

I really couldn't give a monkey's about John McDonnell. I know you desperately want to paint me as a supporter but I'm not. I don't really have an opinion on him. He's irrelevant to my life.

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 16:00 - Jun 27 with 6718 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 15:45 - Jun 27 by Dolly2.0

I was being flippant.

I really couldn't give a monkey's about John McDonnell. I know you desperately want to paint me as a supporter but I'm not. I don't really have an opinion on him. He's irrelevant to my life.

He is far more relevant to your life than you realise.

You have invested a lot of time and emotion to the cult of Corbyn. McDonnell is the man behind the curtain.

Iron Lion Zion

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 16:03 - Jun 27 with 6718 viewsStokieBlue

I was being flippant.

How can you say that?

If JC had got in then he would now be chancellor. He will be chancellor if your goal is achieved.

Then he will be relevant in everyone's lives, he will hold the purse-strings and run the economy.

JC chose him as the next most important person in the party so it's very relevant on JC judgement as well.

SB

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 16:10 - Jun 27 with 6709 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 16:03 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

How can you say that?

If JC had got in then he would now be chancellor. He will be chancellor if your goal is achieved.

Then he will be relevant in everyone's lives, he will hold the purse-strings and run the economy.

JC chose him as the next most important person in the party so it's very relevant on JC judgement as well.

SB

Not only that. If Jezza was to win an election I doubt he would serve a full term at the age of 68. McDonnell would be his likely successor if Jezza retired whilst in office.

We could see McDonnell, bearing in mind everything he has ever said and done during his time in politics, grabbing control of 10 Downing Street, the Treasury, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, of Culture, of the Environment, MI6, MI5 and every other part of government and administration that you can think of.

Frightening.

Iron Lion Zion

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 16:31 - Jun 27 with 6689 viewseireblue

I was being flippant.

McDonnell said, Parliamentary democracy doesn't work...leads to elected dictatorship.

I believe lots of people don't think our voting system works well, and PR would be better.

When faced with a marginal dilemma, our current political system re-phrases/spins it as, the "Will Of The People".

We have just had an election, on a manifesto, of which many pledges have immediately dropped. And the governing party can just do it.

So how exactly is it democratic to ask for peoples votes on a range of issues, then dump them, with no recourse for 5 years?

Edit: That question wasn't really directed at Dolly. Just seemed a convenient point to jump in and ramble.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 16:34]
John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 16:42 - Jun 27 with 6666 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 16:31 - Jun 27 by eireblue

McDonnell said, Parliamentary democracy doesn't work...leads to elected dictatorship.

I believe lots of people don't think our voting system works well, and PR would be better.

When faced with a marginal dilemma, our current political system re-phrases/spins it as, the "Will Of The People".

We have just had an election, on a manifesto, of which many pledges have immediately dropped. And the governing party can just do it.

So how exactly is it democratic to ask for peoples votes on a range of issues, then dump them, with no recourse for 5 years?

Edit: That question wasn't really directed at Dolly. Just seemed a convenient point to jump in and ramble.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 16:34]

It may have escaped your notice but no single party won a majority to implement their manifesto commitment.

Had the Tories won a majority then the proposals on social care, means testing winter fuel payments and the triple lock pension would have been put before the house to vote on.

Parliamentary democracy does work because we have 650 members of parliament who will vote by a majority on a series of measures. After 5 years the electorate can reflect on the performance of the government and vote that government out.

What is open to question is the system that we use to elect our representatives. I like you, would prefer to see a more proportional system of representation. I would imagine that you, like me, take a different view to Mr McDonnell on how we react to the shortcomings of that voting system. Mr McDonnel believes that direct street action is the answer and that rioters "kicking the sh1t out of Milbank is the best of pour movement on display".

Iron Lion Zion

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 17:07 - Jun 27 with 6647 viewseireblue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 16:42 - Jun 27 by GlasgowBlue

It may have escaped your notice but no single party won a majority to implement their manifesto commitment.

Had the Tories won a majority then the proposals on social care, means testing winter fuel payments and the triple lock pension would have been put before the house to vote on.

Parliamentary democracy does work because we have 650 members of parliament who will vote by a majority on a series of measures. After 5 years the electorate can reflect on the performance of the government and vote that government out.

What is open to question is the system that we use to elect our representatives. I like you, would prefer to see a more proportional system of representation. I would imagine that you, like me, take a different view to Mr McDonnell on how we react to the shortcomings of that voting system. Mr McDonnel believes that direct street action is the answer and that rioters "kicking the sh1t out of Milbank is the best of pour movement on display".

Mostly agreed. And you are correct I don't advocate violence against anything, even baby Pigs that can be turned into juicy bacon.

But, whilst we have a first part the post system, that then leads to non-first past the post result, the result is un-democratic. And what that government does has no "mandate".

Of course peaceful protest, is allowed.

But the sort of language you are using in your 3rd paragraph, is a bit of fallacy. Probably not the correct word there. But it is a term politicians seem to like using, when it is not relevant.

The "electorate" do not reflect.
The "electorate" don't do anything.

Individuals vote for something. You can't reflect and vote a government out.

And half way through a parliament if a government wants do something, like a top down re-org of the NHS, after suggesting it wasn't going to, as an example. There is very little that can be done, by the people.

So that is a sort of elected, not representative, parliamentary dictatorship.

BTW just for clarity, those are my opinions, whoever is currently occupying the position of temporary dictating party.
John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 17:15 - Jun 27 with 6642 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Mcdonald Just heard his Glastonbury rant. on 17:07 - Jun 27 by eireblue

Mostly agreed. And you are correct I don't advocate violence against anything, even baby Pigs that can be turned into juicy bacon.

But, whilst we have a first part the post system, that then leads to non-first past the post result, the result is un-democratic. And what that government does has no "mandate".

Of course peaceful protest, is allowed.

But the sort of language you are using in your 3rd paragraph, is a bit of fallacy. Probably not the correct word there. But it is a term politicians seem to like using, when it is not relevant.

The "electorate" do not reflect.
The "electorate" don't do anything.

Individuals vote for something. You can't reflect and vote a government out.

And half way through a parliament if a government wants do something, like a top down re-org of the NHS, after suggesting it wasn't going to, as an example. There is very little that can be done, by the people.

So that is a sort of elected, not representative, parliamentary dictatorship.

BTW just for clarity, those are my opinions, whoever is currently occupying the position of temporary dictating party.

A dictatorship is not possible under our parliamentary process. Especially when there is such a thin majority.

It may only work if all the members of Parliament in the "ruling party" acquiesce to the leaders wishes.

You saw how Tory rebels stopped May breaking a manifesto commitment regarding raising the rate of NI for the self employed.

Even the seemingly all powerful like Blair and Thatcher are democratically brought down by members of their own party.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024