Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago 11:23 - Jun 26 with 20983 viewsSteve_M

Is now complete it seems.

How much extra are the Tories bunging Northern Ireland as a result? I guess they must have found a magic money tree after all.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:28 - Jun 26 with 4854 viewsGlasgowBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:27 - Jun 26 by Swansea_Blue

ok, ta. So will Scotland be getting more cash towards this to mirror the extra being given to N Ireland, or will their payments stay the same based on Barnet formula?

Haven't got a scooby mate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:31 - Jun 26 with 4857 viewslowhouseblue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:27 - Jun 26 by Swansea_Blue

ok, ta. So will Scotland be getting more cash towards this to mirror the extra being given to N Ireland, or will their payments stay the same based on Barnet formula?

the underlying story here is that the tories are in retreat from austerity. this may well be an opportunity to start relaxing spending constraints elsewhere.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:31 - Jun 26 with 4853 viewsSwansea_Blue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:28 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

Haven't got a scooby mate.

ok ta, me neither!

Good news for the people of N Ireland at least I suppose. Let's hope they can sort the Brexit border issue out as that's surely got to be top of the priority list for a whole host of reasons.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:35 - Jun 26 with 4830 viewsArcher4721

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:32 - Jun 26 by Dubtractor

So if I understand this correctly, the Tories have found a billion pounds of taxpayers money, to prop up their government, whilst continuing with austerity for the rest of England.

That's bloody outrageous isn't it?

It's always been the tory way. Power at any cost.

I am surprised you're shocked by this tbh.
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:36 - Jun 26 with 4838 viewsSwansea_Blue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:31 - Jun 26 by lowhouseblue

the underlying story here is that the tories are in retreat from austerity. this may well be an opportunity to start relaxing spending constraints elsewhere.

Seem to be. And backing away from the more extreme visions of brexit too. I still can't work out whether this is an inconvenience or part of the plan all along.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:37 - Jun 26 with 4817 viewsArcher4721

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:31 - Jun 26 by lowhouseblue

Brought on by the continuing support for Jeremy Corbyn.
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:42 - Jun 26 with 4810 viewslowhouseblue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:37 - Jun 26 by Archer4721

Brought on by the continuing support for Jeremy Corbyn.

brought on by the tories knowing that they can't fight a fourth austerity election. corbyn or no corbyn the electoral maths is telling them that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:45 - Jun 26 with 4789 viewsGlasgowBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:31 - Jun 26 by Swansea_Blue

ok ta, me neither!

Good news for the people of N Ireland at least I suppose. Let's hope they can sort the Brexit border issue out as that's surely got to be top of the priority list for a whole host of reasons.

The hard border is a non story. We haven't had a hard border with the Republic since 1923 when the Common Travel Area was first established. It existed for 50 years before we joined the EU in 1973 and will continue to exist after we’ve left.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:47 - Jun 26 with 4776 viewsArcher4721

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:42 - Jun 26 by lowhouseblue

brought on by the tories knowing that they can't fight a fourth austerity election. corbyn or no corbyn the electoral maths is telling them that.

Yes because of the support for Corbyn and his anti austerity stance and nothing else.

So if they'd got their 100 seat majority as all the "experts" were predicting, austerity wouldn't have even been an issue for them and they'd gladly still screw everybody in the name of it.

It's about time you gave Corbyn some credit.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 13:48]
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:49 - Jun 26 with 4779 viewslowhouseblue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:47 - Jun 26 by Archer4721

Yes because of the support for Corbyn and his anti austerity stance and nothing else.

So if they'd got their 100 seat majority as all the "experts" were predicting, austerity wouldn't have even been an issue for them and they'd gladly still screw everybody in the name of it.

It's about time you gave Corbyn some credit.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 13:48]

yes, labour have abandoned the middle ground so the tories will happily take it. relaxing austerity between now and the next election is key to that.

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:49 - Jun 26 with 4779 viewsGeoffSentence

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:40 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

It's crap isn't it?

But put into perspective, the DUP have agreed to support the minority government in exchange for further investment into the area they represent and a guarantee that winter fuel payments and the triple lock continues for pensioners. Whereas the Lib Dems wanted did the same thing in exchange for a referendum on AV .

And increased Tax threshold for the lower paid and triple lock on pensions.

It does annoy me how the tories take credit for those popular policies which weren't theirs and they fought against, whilst the hapless Lib Dems get blamed for increased tuition fees which they didn't want.

This is why the tories now have to desperately scramble for DUP votes, nobody else will deal with them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 14:04 - Jun 26 with 4734 viewsGlasgowBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:49 - Jun 26 by GeoffSentence

And increased Tax threshold for the lower paid and triple lock on pensions.

It does annoy me how the tories take credit for those popular policies which weren't theirs and they fought against, whilst the hapless Lib Dems get blamed for increased tuition fees which they didn't want.

This is why the tories now have to desperately scramble for DUP votes, nobody else will deal with them.

There is no mention of either in the coalition agreement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative%E2%80%93Liberal_Democrat_coalition_ag

Osborn continued to increase the threshold when the Tories won the 2015 election. The triple lock was also Cameron's policy to bribe the grey vote.

The only demands from the Lib Dems were self serving. One was a referendum on AV, then other was to have 6 Lib Dem Cabinet Ministers and a further 12 lower ranking ministers.

Iron Lion Zion

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 14:09 - Jun 26 with 4715 viewsArcher4721

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:49 - Jun 26 by lowhouseblue

yes, labour have abandoned the middle ground so the tories will happily take it. relaxing austerity between now and the next election is key to that.

You really must stop your obsession with the "middle ground" There's no such thing anymore.
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 14:10 - Jun 26 with 4723 viewsWD19

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 14:09 - Jun 26 by Archer4721

You really must stop your obsession with the "middle ground" There's no such thing anymore.

The sensible middle ground is still there, you just can't see it from where you are.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 14:10]
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 14:19 - Jun 26 with 4698 viewsGeoffSentence

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 14:04 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

There is no mention of either in the coalition agreement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative%E2%80%93Liberal_Democrat_coalition_ag

Osborn continued to increase the threshold when the Tories won the 2015 election. The triple lock was also Cameron's policy to bribe the grey vote.

The only demands from the Lib Dems were self serving. One was a referendum on AV, then other was to have 6 Lib Dem Cabinet Ministers and a further 12 lower ranking ministers.

They were both policies from the Lib Dem Manifesto in 2010

http://www.general-election-2010.co.uk/2010-general-election-manifestos/Liberal-

"Increase the income tax threshold to £10,000"

"We will make pensions and benefi ts fair and reward savers by:

- Immediately restoring the link between the basic state pension and
earnings. We will uprate the state pension annually by whichever is
the higher of growth in earnings, growth in prices or 2.5 per cent."

I honestly cannot believe how brazen you and your tory chums are in trying to claim these.

Also disingenuous to say the Lib Dems wanted AV, they were after PR but were out-manoeuvred by David Cameron into accepting a referendum on AV which abslolutely no-one really wanted.

I am pleased that Osborne was positively influenced by the Lib Dems and has extended the increase in the tax threshold. What lasting influence can we expect from the DUP?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 14:41 - Jun 26 with 4663 viewsbluelagos

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:40 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

It's crap isn't it?

But put into perspective, the DUP have agreed to support the minority government in exchange for further investment into the area they represent and a guarantee that winter fuel payments and the triple lock continues for pensioners. Whereas the Lib Dems wanted did the same thing in exchange for a referendum on AV .

Are you softening your position Glassers, or still mighty p*ssed off with a deal with the DUP?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 16:20 - Jun 26 with 4615 viewsGlasgowBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 14:41 - Jun 26 by bluelagos

Are you softening your position Glassers, or still mighty p*ssed off with a deal with the DUP?

I won't change my position on the deal with the DUP.

Iron Lion Zion

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 16:48 - Jun 26 with 4588 viewsArcher4721

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 14:10 - Jun 26 by WD19

The sensible middle ground is still there, you just can't see it from where you are.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 14:10]

Well this graph would suggest otherwise.

It's interesting other countries in the EU have freedom of movement bumper immigration from Eastern Europe but haven't seen wages fall like we have

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 17:10 - Jun 26 with 4578 viewsWD19

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 16:48 - Jun 26 by Archer4721

Well this graph would suggest otherwise.

It's interesting other countries in the EU have freedom of movement bumper immigration from Eastern Europe but haven't seen wages fall like we have

You appear to have posted that in reply to the wrong post.....

But whilst you are here, what do you make of this?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/20/unite-official-gerard-coyne-who
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 17:18 - Jun 26 with 4554 viewsStokieBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 17:10 - Jun 26 by WD19

You appear to have posted that in reply to the wrong post.....

But whilst you are here, what do you make of this?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/20/unite-official-gerard-coyne-who

On a turnout of 12%.

What a pointless endeavour, not even their members care who it running the asylum.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 18:36 - Jun 26 with 4513 viewsconnorscontract

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:44 - Jun 26 by chicoazul

We should put the DUP in charge of the Brexit negotiations.

I reckon Sammy Wilson burst in on Hammond with a sawn-off shotgun and suggested

"Unless you give Arlene here the money for the wee kiddies hospitals she's after, I'm going to blow your fecking brains into next week, so I am."

It's taken two weeks for his suit to come back from the dry cleaners. VERY heavy stains. Now the deal can be announced.

We could try it with Juncker and co. Got to be worth a bash.
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 20:24 - Jun 26 with 4479 viewsGlasgowBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 18:36 - Jun 26 by connorscontract

I reckon Sammy Wilson burst in on Hammond with a sawn-off shotgun and suggested

"Unless you give Arlene here the money for the wee kiddies hospitals she's after, I'm going to blow your fecking brains into next week, so I am."

It's taken two weeks for his suit to come back from the dry cleaners. VERY heavy stains. Now the deal can be announced.

We could try it with Juncker and co. Got to be worth a bash.

Whilst I strongly object to the deal with the DUP, Labour were shown up to be utter hypocrites by Dodds today. And the SNP.

And of course the DUP also did very well out of Labour when they voted for the 42 day detention law in 2008.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/dec/31/42-days

Iron Lion Zion

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 20:30 - Jun 26 with 4472 viewsbluelagos

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 20:24 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

Whilst I strongly object to the deal with the DUP, Labour were shown up to be utter hypocrites by Dodds today. And the SNP.

And of course the DUP also did very well out of Labour when they voted for the 42 day detention law in 2008.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/dec/31/42-days

Saw that earlier Glassers. What / when was the deal (or not) with the SNP?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 20:34 - Jun 26 with 4464 viewsGlasgowBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 20:30 - Jun 26 by bluelagos

Saw that earlier Glassers. What / when was the deal (or not) with the SNP?

That's the first I heard of it today. 2015 I would imagine.

Iron Lion Zion

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 21:14 - Jun 26 with 4441 viewsm14_blue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 20:34 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

That's the first I heard of it today. 2015 I would imagine.

Can you imagine the reaction of the English press if such a deal had been done though?

The Daily Mail would have re-run their 'Enemies of the People' headline.

Be interesting to see their take tomorrow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024