Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago 11:23 - Jun 26 with 21150 viewsSteve_M

Is now complete it seems.

How much extra are the Tories bunging Northern Ireland as a result? I guess they must have found a magic money tree after all.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:23 - Jun 26 with 7068 viewsblue_oyster

A cool billion, apparently.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:24 - Jun 26 with 7065 viewsSteve_M

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:23 - Jun 26 by blue_oyster

Yes, just seen that:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:32 - Jun 26 with 7033 viewsSWGF

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:23 - Jun 26 by blue_oyster

One hundred million pounds per vote?

And how does this affect the Barnett formula? Or is it separate?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:41 - Jun 26 with 6995 viewsnoggin

1.5 billion in total.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:45 - Jun 26 with 6968 viewsWeWereZombies

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:41 - Jun 26 by noggin

1.5 billion in total.

Not two billion then?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:48 - Jun 26 with 6950 viewsWeWereZombies

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:32 - Jun 26 by SWGF

One hundred million pounds per vote?

And how does this affect the Barnett formula? Or is it separate?

'The Barnett formula is said to have "no legal standing or democratic justification",[3] and, being merely a convention, could be changed at will by the Treasury.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_formula

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:52 - Jun 26 with 6930 viewsNo9

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:45 - Jun 26 by WeWereZombies

Not two billion then?

Could be anything = £ 1 Mill per vote saved
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:11 - Jun 26 with 6897 viewsYaffle

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:48 - Jun 26 by WeWereZombies

'The Barnett formula is said to have "no legal standing or democratic justification",[3] and, being merely a convention, could be changed at will by the Treasury.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_formula

So the Tories message to Scotland and Wales is....

Login to get fewer ads

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:23 - Jun 26 with 6868 viewsSWGF

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 11:41 - Jun 26 by noggin

1.5 billion in total.

There is no magic money tree, remember.

Luckily this £1.5 billion could be found when it was needed.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:32 - Jun 26 with 6839 viewsDubtractor

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:23 - Jun 26 by SWGF

So if I understand this correctly, the Tories have found a billion pounds of taxpayers money, to prop up their government, whilst continuing with austerity for the rest of England.

That's bloody outrageous isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:33 - Jun 26 with 6824 viewsNo9

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:32 - Jun 26 by Dubtractor

So if I understand this correctly, the Tories have found a billion pounds of taxpayers money, to prop up their government, whilst continuing with austerity for the rest of England.

Can you imagine what the tory media would be doing if it were labour?
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:33 - Jun 26 with 6823 viewsblue_oyster

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:32 - Jun 26 by Dubtractor

That'll teach you not to vote for them.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:34 - Jun 26 with 6819 viewschicoazul

Yep. Although they seem to be seeding the ground for a public sector payrise.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:35 - Jun 26 with 6812 viewsDubtractor

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:34 - Jun 26 by chicoazul

Yep. Although they seem to be seeding the ground for a public sector payrise.

From a personal perspective that would be nice!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:37 - Jun 26 with 6804 viewsStokieBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:23 - Jun 26 by SWGF

1.5bn is a long way from the 100bn+ which JC wanted and where the magic money tree comes from.

However, it's a rubbish deal and the rest of the UK would be well within their rights to ask where their extra money is.

More uselessness from May.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:38 - Jun 26 with 6802 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Makes me absolutely sick

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:40 - Jun 26 with 6785 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's crap isn't it?

But put into perspective, the DUP have agreed to support the minority government in exchange for further investment into the area they represent and a guarantee that winter fuel payments and the triple lock continues for pensioners. Whereas the Lib Dems wanted did the same thing in exchange for a referendum on AV .

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:44 - Jun 26 with 6780 viewschicoazul

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:40 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

It's crap isn't it?

But put into perspective, the DUP have agreed to support the minority government in exchange for further investment into the area they represent and a guarantee that winter fuel payments and the triple lock continues for pensioners. Whereas the Lib Dems wanted did the same thing in exchange for a referendum on AV .

We should put the DUP in charge of the Brexit negotiations.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:45 - Jun 26 with 6777 viewsNo9

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:40 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

It's crap isn't it?

They shouldn't have to resort to what is no more than blackmail to get proper funding for the N.I. province should they?
This has been a issue for years and has had all sorts of twists & turns including my then MP dodging a jail sentence for some of the chicanery that went on.

Oh to have the UK run properly like a modern country not a banana republci with all sorts of shady deals we shall not know the cost or consequences of until something nasty happens.
That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:00 - Jun 26 with 6739 viewsnoggin

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:38 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Makes me absolutely sick

Get used to it Rommers. Looking after their friends, at the expense of everyone else is the tory way.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:14 - Jun 26 with 6693 viewsSWGF

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 12:37 - Jun 26 by StokieBlue

1.5bn is a long way from the 100bn+ which JC wanted and where the magic money tree comes from.

However, it's a rubbish deal and the rest of the UK would be well within their rights to ask where their extra money is.

More uselessness from May.

SB

How much did that nurse want, who May responded to her face about the bloody tree?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:16 - Jun 26 with 6683 viewsSWGF

It's crap isn't it?

Can't wait to hear what May says about it, under scrutiny:. Oh...

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:21 - Jun 26 with 6675 viewsSwansea_Blue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:16 - Jun 26 by SWGF

Can't wait to hear what May says about it, under scrutiny:. Oh...

Oh, he is joking isn't he? She is NOT suited to lead. End of.

Anyway, what does this mean for England, Wales, Scotland on matters of things like the triple lock and winter fuel payments? Are the other devolved regions going to get extra cash and will it now be policy in England? Or do we have an unequal situation based on where people live?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:25 - Jun 26 with 6652 viewsGlasgowBlue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:21 - Jun 26 by Swansea_Blue

Oh, he is joking isn't he? She is NOT suited to lead. End of.

Anyway, what does this mean for England, Wales, Scotland on matters of things like the triple lock and winter fuel payments? Are the other devolved regions going to get extra cash and will it now be policy in England? Or do we have an unequal situation based on where people live?

The winter fuel payment was already staying in Scotland as they have some devolved authority on benefits. The triple lock and winter fuel payments will apply to the whole of the UK.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:27 - Jun 26 with 6639 viewsSwansea_Blue

That deal with the DUP that was nearly done two weeks ago on 13:25 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

The winter fuel payment was already staying in Scotland as they have some devolved authority on benefits. The triple lock and winter fuel payments will apply to the whole of the UK.

ok, ta. So will Scotland be getting more cash towards this to mirror the extra being given to N Ireland, or will their payments stay the same based on Barnet formula?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024