Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Presuming Huws was always going to be signed 13:10 - Jun 26 with 6257 viewsCoco

And we put in a serious bid for McGinn, where would this leave Bishop the enigma? Clearly midfield is up for serious rebuild. I suppose we are playing 3 in the centre but I do hope that if we do go for wingers we use true wingers.

Also we bid big or Ward so hopefully another striker will come in.

Could be a constructive summer guys.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:12 - Jun 26 with 6220 viewsLesta_Tractor

Bishop?

On loan at Colchester...

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:12 - Jun 26 with 6225 viewstextbackup

You don't get rid of a player like teddy bishop, only those super pro MM seem to be ok with him leaving

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:13 - Jun 26 with 6201 viewsSwansea_Blue

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:12 - Jun 26 by textbackup

You don't get rid of a player like teddy bishop, only those super pro MM seem to be ok with him leaving

Exactly. We need someone to keep the physio staff on their toes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:17 - Jun 26 with 6159 viewsWickets

It will be interesting to see if we try another bid for Mcginn or another midfielder, does this mean a change in thinking by our management with more emphasis on creativity in the middle?
Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:19 - Jun 26 with 6127 viewsPJH

You don't get rid of player like Teddy Bishop looked like he was going to become but the question now is whether he will ever become that player.
If the problem was just down to MM then surely we would be fighting off multi million pound bids from all of the other clubs that (apparently) see what MM is accused of not being able to see.

The Bishop of 2 years ago looked to be an exceptional player in the making but the Bishop of recent times, for various reasons, looks nothing like that player.
Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:30 - Jun 26 with 6026 viewsSwansea_Blue

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:19 - Jun 26 by PJH

You don't get rid of player like Teddy Bishop looked like he was going to become but the question now is whether he will ever become that player.
If the problem was just down to MM then surely we would be fighting off multi million pound bids from all of the other clubs that (apparently) see what MM is accused of not being able to see.

The Bishop of 2 years ago looked to be an exceptional player in the making but the Bishop of recent times, for various reasons, looks nothing like that player.

Must be a nightmare to try and judge whether a player can get over injuries and missed time to recapture some of their early promise. Or whether it's best to let them go, knowing that if they do manage to get back you've lost a very good player for nothing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:33 - Jun 26 with 5991 viewsLuk38644

While I agree that he's got cracking potential, the last two seasons have been dismal for various reasons.

Last season, he looked dreadful in his cameo roles. Is Mick the problem? Is it off-field stuff? Have his injuries affected him? No-one knows but those inside Town and while I hope he finds some consistent form again, it's down to him to produce it, no one else, and he's failed to do that of late.
Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:36 - Jun 26 with 5964 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don't think we should get rid of Bish but I wouldn't be opposed to him going at the end of the season if he has another like last year.

His cameo appearances just looked so poor. Only the 1-1 home game with scum did be look like his old self

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:39 - Jun 26 with 5926 viewsFixed_It

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:30 - Jun 26 by Swansea_Blue

Must be a nightmare to try and judge whether a player can get over injuries and missed time to recapture some of their early promise. Or whether it's best to let them go, knowing that if they do manage to get back you've lost a very good player for nothing.

There was one game (just one!) when he came on as sub and looked like the Teddy Bishop we all loved. Can't remember which game it was, but he wanted to get hold of the game by the scruff of the neck and make a difference. Unfortunately, he's looked a pale shadow of his former self the rest of the time.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:40 - Jun 26 with 5905 viewstextbackup

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:13 - Jun 26 by Swansea_Blue

Exactly. We need someone to keep the physio staff on their toes.

We have more than enough of those

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:42 - Jun 26 with 5885 viewsITFCBlues

Why don't we? He's done nothing for two years, he's probably earning good money here. He's been injured a lot and when he's not been injured he's not been anywhere near fit enough. He's 20 odd and can only play 60 minutes without been shattered. He's also got lifestyle issues judging by a fair few accounts which probably helps to explain his futness issues.

Why should we keep him?

I personally wouldn't want him leaving, but if he does it'd be because he's simply not doing it and doesn't appear to have the right attitude

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:46 - Jun 26 with 5840 viewsVic

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:17 - Jun 26 by Wickets

It will be interesting to see if we try another bid for Mcginn or another midfielder, does this mean a change in thinking by our management with more emphasis on creativity in the middle?

I'm not sure about the change of emphasis thing because in fact he's signed or tried to use plenty of creative players - Dozzel, Bishop, Williams, Huws, Lawrence all fall into this. I may be in a minority but I don't buy into the claim that Mick's philosophy is deliberately aimless long ball. He's done that of necessity but given a choice I think he likes to play high tempo, out to the wings, chase and harry, football. Not dissimilar to what Sir Bobby had us playing in the '70's. Problem is that the players we have either get injured our are not good enough to do it!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:47 - Jun 26 with 5824 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I think a short loan is exactly what Bishop needs.
Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:48 - Jun 26 with 5813 viewsVic

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:19 - Jun 26 by PJH

Dan Evans?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:55 - Jun 26 with 5742 viewsArnieM

This is a very season for Mr Bishop. He needs to hit the ground running and get his act together frankly. Having "talent" isn't enough anymore. He needs to show desire and application by the bucket load now to get back into the 1st team.

Hyam? The same also applys, but do you play him or Skuse?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 15:09 - Jun 26 with 5568 viewsWickets

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 13:46 - Jun 26 by Vic

I'm not sure about the change of emphasis thing because in fact he's signed or tried to use plenty of creative players - Dozzel, Bishop, Williams, Huws, Lawrence all fall into this. I may be in a minority but I don't buy into the claim that Mick's philosophy is deliberately aimless long ball. He's done that of necessity but given a choice I think he likes to play high tempo, out to the wings, chase and harry, football. Not dissimilar to what Sir Bobby had us playing in the '70's. Problem is that the players we have either get injured our are not good enough to do it!

I see your point but my thinking was more along the lines of not using 2 and on the odd occasions 3 holding midfielders leading to next to no supply to the front two. I can tell you a several away games the frustration from the front player, whoever he was was there for all to see.
on 15:10 - Jun 26 with 5549 views_

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 15:32 - Jun 26 with 5468 viewsrickw

on 15:10 - Jun 26 by _

Carson is a bit harsh! Carson had confidence but never the ability to back it up.
I can see him going the same way as Garvan or Bowditch - huge potential but only carving out an average career.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 15:36 - Jun 26 with 5447 viewsHarryWright

Yeah that's it town fans write him off after two years where he's been plagued by injuries! Teddy Bishop under a decent attacking manager would flourish, and that's a fact.
on 15:37 - Jun 26 with 5428 views_

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 15:32 - Jun 26 by rickw

Carson is a bit harsh! Carson had confidence but never the ability to back it up.
I can see him going the same way as Garvan or Bowditch - huge potential but only carving out an average career.

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 15:48 - Jun 26 with 5378 viewsHarryWright

on 15:37 - Jun 26 by _

Very harsh, he's just had injurys. Try going away from football for a year and then play, it will take time to get back to your best and he has had injuries this year also....
Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 15:49 - Jun 26 with 5371 viewsTIB

Think the lad needs a loan stint in League 1 or 2 to regain his fitness and form. I wouldn't even be counting him in the squad at present.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 15:54 - Jun 26 with 5342 viewsITFCBlues

Presuming Huws was always going to be signed on 15:48 - Jun 26 by HarryWright

Very harsh, he's just had injurys. Try going away from football for a year and then play, it will take time to get back to your best and he has had injuries this year also....

He's also never fit and spends far too much time partying....

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024