Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ME Spending money.... why now? 13:17 - Jun 26 with 3428 viewsITFC_RM

I can't get my head around why ME has now chosen to spend money. the timing seems very strange with MM looking likely to leave at the end of the season. now is the only time i think he could justify not investing...

Poll: Will MM spend money this summer?

ME Spending money.... why now? on 13:19 - Jun 26 with 3404 viewsDanTheMan

Because we went massively backwards.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Barmy. (n/t) on 13:20 - Jun 26 with 3390 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

ME Spending money.... why now? on 13:21 - Jun 26 with 3369 viewsbontcho

Suspect there are a few reasons-
1. He isn't stupid, without investment this team was only heading one way.
2. The division has changed, there are fewer good players on frees than 4-6 years ago. Fees are necessary.
3. He wants MM to stay more than the one year he has on his contract.
4. January is a bad time to do business

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Army. (n/t) (n/t) on 13:23 - Jun 26 with 3331 viewsSwansea_Blue

Barmy. (n/t) on 13:20 - Jun 26 by Bloots

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

ME Spending money.... why now? on 13:23 - Jun 26 with 3328 viewsbontcho

ME Spending money.... why now? on 13:21 - Jun 26 by bontcho

2. The division has changed, there are fewer good players on frees than 4-6 years ago. Fees are necessary.

Having said that, I'm surprised to see us pY £1m on a 29 year old.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

ME Spending money.... why now? on 13:37 - Jun 26 with 3236 viewsSWGF

Mostly 1 & 3, I'd say...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

ME Spending money.... why now? on 13:42 - Jun 26 with 3210 viewsRegencyBlue

Suspect the season ticket boycott (still no update as to exactly how many have actually been sold) might have also had something to do with it!
ME Spending money.... why now? on 13:47 - Jun 26 with 3174 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Consider the type of player he's spending, or trying to spend money in. Most will be in the Ward, Webster mould of being young and good all round players. I expect a primary reason we didn't extend ourselves for Hugill is that he might not suit all styles.

Garner is perhaps a slight exception to that.

The club has a two year option on Mick BTW.
Login to get fewer ads

ME Spending money.... why now? on 13:48 - Jun 26 with 3160 viewsWD19

ME has always spent a steady amount. What we are seeing now is nothing more than the usual PLUS the Murphy replacement deal.

As is often the case it will likely also go hand-in-hand with someone leaving for a fee (most likely Bart) and the freeing up of some wages (Berra, poss Pitman).
ME Spending money.... why now? on 14:28 - Jun 26 with 2994 viewsblue_oyster

It's a project to show the perceived spending of alternating Labour and Tory governments.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

ME Spending money.... why now? on 14:33 - Jun 26 with 2947 viewsBent_double

He's been putting all his spare change into one of those big jars, now it's full he's decided to spend it on new players for his football team. Probably.

Either that, or he's accepted a multi-million pound bid for one of our existing players, and he's getting the buying bit done first, just so the clubs we're buying from don't up the price cos they thing we're loaded.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

ME Spending money.... why now? on 14:34 - Jun 26 with 2930 viewsArcher4721

Erm. He's signing players now because players contracts run from 1st July.
ME Spending money.... why now? on 14:35 - Jun 26 with 2917 views26_Paz

ME Spending money.... why now? on 14:28 - Jun 26 by blue_oyster

It's a project to show the perceived spending of alternating Labour and Tory governments.

ME's austerity policies make the tories look like big spenders ... I'd say he's more like a government that just cancelled all spending and made up some bull about supposedly spending money on some day to day operations that nobody can really see. Oh, and they implement a policy to sell the country's most valuable asset every year and then not do anything with the money. Its like a government saying we'll sell our best hospitals and use the money to buy new ones and then just not buying any new ones. When some of the public moan about it others will tell them to shut up because the government are spending a lot on improving our academy ...

The Paz Man

ME Spending money.... why now? on 14:38 - Jun 26 with 2891 viewsBOjK

We've had seven figure bids for players rejected in the last two transfer windows.

Clear that a certain amount of money has been available for transfer fees for a while, although the poor form for last season may had added a sense of urgency to the need to renew the squad.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

ME Spending money.... why now? on 14:48 - Jun 26 with 2826 viewsthorpedo

ME Spending money.... why now? on 13:48 - Jun 26 by WD19

ME has always spent a steady amount. What we are seeing now is nothing more than the usual PLUS the Murphy replacement deal.

As is often the case it will likely also go hand-in-hand with someone leaving for a fee (most likely Bart) and the freeing up of some wages (Berra, poss Pitman).

Steady is the last thing he's been. Magilton/Keane seemed to have relatively unlimited funds, Jewell had a very generous wage budget still but fees were reduced, whilst Mick has pretty much not had a pot to urinate in, comparatively, and has been squeezed year on year - until now. Let us hope Evans continues to make funds available as he seems to be doing now. I am no Mick fan, and the football is awful at times - but he usually gets it right when he spends a decent fee.

Thorpedo

ME Spending money.... why now? on 15:01 - Jun 26 with 2762 viewsNazemariner

Cos we nearly got relegated
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024