Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there any serious punters on here? 13:34 - Jun 26 with 6459 viewsbahri

By serious punters, people who bet medium to large. £50 - £500 in a single bet

redandella

Are there any serious punters on here? (n/t) on 13:38 - Jun 26 with 6423 viewsArcher4721

When I can get on .... Why do you ask?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 13:40]
Are there any serious punters on here? on 13:38 - Jun 26 with 6414 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'll bet right at the bottom of that spectrum on a horse I really fancy or a greyhound I really fancy on a Friday at Romford.

So three times at Ascot last week (2 won. 4/1 and 11/10) and one greyhound in the past 2 months. The greyhound was also this week and won at 7/4

I'm quite happy betting low amounts of £10-15. I bet for fun.

I did make £500 profit last week at Royal Ascot and Romford dogs Friday with my mates though

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Are there any serious punters on here? (n/t) on 13:44 - Jun 26 with 6381 viewsbahri

Are there any serious punters on here? (n/t) on 13:38 - Jun 26 by Archer4721

When I can get on .... Why do you ask?

Just wondered if your had any problem 'getting' on or had accounts closed/restricted. The bookies seem to be clamping down on successful punters. Had 8 accounts closed in the last eighteen months or so. Another on Saturday

redandella

Are there any serious punters on here? on 13:47 - Jun 26 with 6363 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Are there any serious punters on here? on 13:38 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I'll bet right at the bottom of that spectrum on a horse I really fancy or a greyhound I really fancy on a Friday at Romford.

So three times at Ascot last week (2 won. 4/1 and 11/10) and one greyhound in the past 2 months. The greyhound was also this week and won at 7/4

I did make £500 profit last week at Royal Ascot and Romford dogs Friday with my mates though

Rommy, about 3 months ago in the run up to Cheltenham you were involved in numerous threads re your gambling habits. In these you stated that you generally only staked 50p or so on a race for fun - the horse you had strongly backed using free bets was an exception

Now you bet £10-15 as a small amount and c£50 if you really fancy the runner?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Are there any serious punters on here? on 13:47 - Jun 26 with 6362 viewsbahri

Are there any serious punters on here? on 13:38 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I bet for fun to. I read your columns!!!
I do put a lot of work in to my betting.
Racing Post everyday/overnight decs/ ante post.....etc etc

redandella

Are there any serious punters on here? on 13:49 - Jun 26 with 6347 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Are there any serious punters on here? on 13:47 - Jun 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Rommy, about 3 months ago in the run up to Cheltenham you were involved in numerous threads re your gambling habits. In these you stated that you generally only staked 50p or so on a race for fun - the horse you had strongly backed using free bets was an exception

Now you bet £10-15 as a small amount and c£50 if you really fancy the runner?

You will find that it was Ryorry who backed 50p bets actually

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Are there any serious punters on here? (n/t) on 14:05 - Jun 26 with 6278 viewsArcher4721

Are there any serious punters on here? (n/t) on 13:44 - Jun 26 by bahri

Just wondered if your had any problem 'getting' on or had accounts closed/restricted. The bookies seem to be clamping down on successful punters. Had 8 accounts closed in the last eighteen months or so. Another on Saturday

Getting on is a major problem for me. I've had a fair few closed down in the past.

I like to bet ew and I bet to a system of 1,2, and 3 star bets.And when I have a 3 star bet it's hard to get all my money on at the advertised price. I had my second 3 star bet of the flat season run at Ascot Saturday....Idaho in the Hardwick Stakes. As that was Royal Ascot in a huge betting race I didn't have much problem getting all my cash on though had to spread it across five bookmakers. It's much harder on a normal run of mill meeting to get on.

I can bet what I like on Betfair but Betfair is win only and has a percentage to pay.It also reacts very quickly to the the market and as soon as they lay anything substantial the market closes down and price is gone. Layers on there aren't stupid and all the other bookmakers will react to Betfair prices...Betfair is great for punters who want to back non-triers and for laying short priced favourites.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 14:18]
Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:10 - Jun 26 with 6246 viewsLord_Lucan

I will bet £20 on a hot tip and continue to bet the winnings in single or double bets until it has all gone.

I'm a bookies dream.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Are there any serious punters on here? (n/t) on 14:25 - Jun 26 with 6192 viewstaximan

Are there any serious punters on here? (n/t) on 14:05 - Jun 26 by Archer4721

Getting on is a major problem for me. I've had a fair few closed down in the past.

I like to bet ew and I bet to a system of 1,2, and 3 star bets.And when I have a 3 star bet it's hard to get all my money on at the advertised price. I had my second 3 star bet of the flat season run at Ascot Saturday....Idaho in the Hardwick Stakes. As that was Royal Ascot in a huge betting race I didn't have much problem getting all my cash on though had to spread it across five bookmakers. It's much harder on a normal run of mill meeting to get on.

I can bet what I like on Betfair but Betfair is win only and has a percentage to pay.It also reacts very quickly to the the market and as soon as they lay anything substantial the market closes down and price is gone. Layers on there aren't stupid and all the other bookmakers will react to Betfair prices...Betfair is great for punters who want to back non-triers and for laying short priced favourites.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 14:18]

betfair is not win only

hope this helps
Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:25 - Jun 26 with 6187 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Punters / mugs

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Are there any serious punters on here? (n/t) on 14:28 - Jun 26 with 6168 viewsArcher4721

Are there any serious punters on here? (n/t) on 14:25 - Jun 26 by taximan

betfair is not win only

hope this helps

Yes I know they do place only but the odds are too skinny compared to the 1-4 odds bookmakers offer
Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:30 - Jun 26 with 6148 viewscaptainfantastic

You are going to get restricted if you are shrewd and are betting these sums of money. If you don't want to get restricted keep at least half the way below the max bet

Poll: player of the season so far?

Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:35 - Jun 26 with 6092 viewsSwailsey

No. After I fell in the water, I swore "never again".

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:53 - Jun 26 with 6042 viewsbahri

Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:25 - Jun 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Punters / mugs

Paid my mortgage off!!!
Love being a mug

redandella

Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:55 - Jun 26 with 6026 viewsbahri

Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:30 - Jun 26 by captainfantastic

You are going to get restricted if you are shrewd and are betting these sums of money. If you don't want to get restricted keep at least half the way below the max bet

That said. Recently wanted an ante post, just £10 each way at 20/1. I was offered.........
...50 pence each way!!!!!!!
By a major/well known bookie

redandella

Are there any serious punters on here? on 15:05 - Jun 26 with 5979 viewsIllinoisblue

Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:53 - Jun 26 by bahri

Paid my mortgage off!!!
Love being a mug

nice. result of one big bet, or a lot of smaller bets coming off? And how big was your mortgage?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are there any serious punters on here? on 15:24 - Jun 26 with 5932 viewsbahri

Are there any serious punters on here? on 15:05 - Jun 26 by Illinoisblue

nice. result of one big bet, or a lot of smaller bets coming off? And how big was your mortgage?

One large bet albeit, many small bets over a period of time. 2005 Triumph Hurdle Penzance. I was, and still am a member of The Elite Racing Club. Alan King was quietly confident. Ante post 40/1 !!!
From memory he returned about 9/1 and won by a head.
I was going on holiday that day so was listening on the radio, I was going nuts as he went up the hill (the wife was driving).
Managed to get on because betting was not so internet driven, and bookies more accommodating. How big was my mortgage, wouldn't really want so say on a public forum.

redandella

Are there any serious punters on here? on 15:29 - Jun 26 with 5914 viewsRyorry

Are there any serious punters on here? on 13:49 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

You will find that it was Ryorry who backed 50p bets actually

£1 actually, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story

People might want to have a good read of this article

http://www.matchedbettingguy.com/how-to-block-ie-snare/ *

*Edit - it's a serious alert re a computer 'infection' planted by bookies to track online movements of punters, relevant to *all* who bet online, not just for matched betting people.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 15:39]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Are there any serious punters on here? on 16:20 - Jun 26 with 5798 viewscaptainfantastic

Are there any serious punters on here? on 14:55 - Jun 26 by bahri

That said. Recently wanted an ante post, just £10 each way at 20/1. I was offered.........
...50 pence each way!!!!!!!
By a major/well known bookie

That's cause you're restricted. If you had those sorts of bets with a clean account you wouldn't get picked up unless you're close to or max betting

Poll: player of the season so far?

Are there any serious punters on here? on 17:33 - Jun 26 with 5705 viewsBergholtBru

Had £50 on Caravaggio @ Ascot last week. That is a large bet for me these days. A few years ago it would have been a relatively small one.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Are there any serious punters on here? on 18:31 - Jun 26 with 5624 viewsportmanking

I'm a semi-professional sports trader on Betfair, so yes I will trade pre-match markets using three, sometimes four figures on an almost daily basis. However, just because I'm using that amount to trade doesn't mean I'm risking that entire amount; I'm only risking X number of ticks should the market move against me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024