Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? 13:34 - Jun 26 with 9540 viewsPortwoman

Assuming he's fit for the start of the season and the Huws deal goes through OK, I can see him only making the bench at best.
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 13:34 - Jun 26 with 7868 viewsOsborneOneNil

Not if we want to progress.
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 13:41 - Jun 26 with 7819 viewsSW6Tractor

Yes, but largely as a backup to Skuse...
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 13:43 - Jun 26 with 7813 viewsRegencyBlue

Personally I don't think so.

He has proven to be injury prone and, although I appear to be in a minority whenever he is discussed on this board, I don't think he's that good!
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 13:46 - Jun 26 with 7776 viewsBondiBlue

He's not the same type of player to Huws, so yes. Bishop's place is surely under more threat if Huws comes - can't see those two together in a McCarthy team, even in a midfield 3.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 13:48 - Jun 26 with 7770 viewsVic

I don't think so. I think he'll carve a nice little career in Divistion 1 or 2.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 14:21 - Jun 26 with 7658 viewschristiand

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 13:46 - Jun 26 by BondiBlue

He's not the same type of player to Huws, so yes. Bishop's place is surely under more threat if Huws comes - can't see those two together in a McCarthy team, even in a midfield 3.

Can we not play with Huws and Bishop with Skuse as the defensive midfielder?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 14:31 - Jun 26 with 7623 viewsArcher4721

No.
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 14:38 - Jun 26 with 7582 viewschicoazul

He hasnt really played for two years. He needs to move on and get his career going elsewhere. Always liked him and rated him but sadly, like Bishop, it seems others are ahead of him now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 14:39 - Jun 26 with 7572 viewshype313

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 13:48 - Jun 26 by Vic

I don't think so. I think he'll carve a nice little career in Divistion 1 or 2.

..Of the SIL.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 15:04 - Jun 26 with 7513 viewsNazemariner

He's still relatively young, so I'd say yes. He's got a passion for the club which is more than most of his team mates. MM likes him too, so I think he'll get another chance to impress.
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 15:26 - Jun 26 with 7461 viewsrickw

I would like to see him given a chance to replace Skuse in the team this season, though I doubt Mick will give him that.
Hyam has the same creativity as Skuse (nil) but has more pace and aggression, I know Hyam's passing isn't great but surely he can pass like Skuse does - to a defender next to him...

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 15:38 - Jun 26 with 7420 viewsPortwoman

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 14:39 - Jun 26 by hype313

..Of the SIL.

That's rather harsh!
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 15:41 - Jun 26 with 7404 viewstextbackup

Firstly it isn't HUWS or hyam, they aren't the same player. But we need to get rid of bang average plyers, that can preform only one role if we want to progress.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 16:21 - Jun 26 with 7312 viewsBluebell

Mick has always rated 'Hyamsy'.

If he can stay fit and learn how to pass forward, he could be good. Unfortunately he also needs to learn how to tackle too without getting a yellow card or being sent off.
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 16:30 - Jun 26 with 7282 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What's the latest with him?

Injured I'm assuming but with what and for how long is he out for?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 16:32 - Jun 26 with 7277 viewsArcher4721

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 16:30 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

He's training atm I think.

Not sure how far forward he is though.
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 17:02 - Jun 26 with 7243 viewsMoggins

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 13:43 - Jun 26 by RegencyBlue

Personally I don't think so.

He has proven to be injury prone and, although I appear to be in a minority whenever he is discussed on this board, I don't think he's that good!

Absolutely bang on
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 17:12 - Jun 26 with 7227 viewsWarkTheWark

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 17:02 - Jun 26 by Moggins

Absolutely bang on

Seconded

RKD's song about Hyam sums him up pretty well - hopefully he can be arsed to write it out...
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 18:10 - Jun 26 with 7176 viewsitfcjoe

He's started nearly every game he's been fit for under Mick so would be surprised if he goes anytime soon.

He has his faults, but Mick clearly a big fan

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 10:01 - Jun 27 with 6914 views_

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 18:10 - Jun 26 by itfcjoe

He's started nearly every game he's been fit for under Mick so would be surprised if he goes anytime soon.

He has his faults, but Mick clearly a big fan

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 10:02 - Jun 27 with 6907 viewshype313

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 14:39 - Jun 26 by hype313

..Of the SIL.

That was tongue in cheek btw.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 10:08 - Jun 27 with 6889 viewsPhilTWTD

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 16:30 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Fit having got over the ankle injury at the end of last season. He's been a bit unlucky, freakish nerve problem in his knee last pre-season and then turned his ankle blocking a shot on the line in training having returned from that. Both after an unrelated knee problem the previous year. Until that point I can't recall him having spent much time out at all.

In answer to the OP's question, I think he will have a future here. Had he been fit I think he would have played a lot last season rather than Douglas and then Diagouraga.
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 10:09 - Jun 27 with 6880 viewsclive_baker

He's average when fit and like anyone, useless when not which is all too often. Not great defensively, not great going forward, not particularly creative, average technically. He gets away with a lot because he's 'one of our own' and he bites a few ankles and walks like he's carrying 2 rolls of carpet with his boyband haircut but if he was 30+, Irish and signed on a free he would be public enemy #1.

Wouldn't lose any sleep if he moves on, I could see him joining Mogga at Blackburn or something.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 11:34 - Jun 27 with 6766 viewsdirtyboy

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 10:09 - Jun 27 by clive_baker

He's average when fit and like anyone, useless when not which is all too often. Not great defensively, not great going forward, not particularly creative, average technically. He gets away with a lot because he's 'one of our own' and he bites a few ankles and walks like he's carrying 2 rolls of carpet with his boyband haircut but if he was 30+, Irish and signed on a free he would be public enemy #1.

Wouldn't lose any sleep if he moves on, I could see him joining Mogga at Blackburn or something.

People forget how well he played in the first half of the 2014/15 season where we were second in the league for a period of time, he was buzzing around the place, picking up yellows here there and everywhere and even a couple of goals if memory serves me correct. I bet he's a right f****r to play against and I like that.

I don't want an army of Luke Hyams, but one in there messing people up satisfies my thirst for blood and it's opponents getting smashed up that gets us fired up.

He got injured, we dropped out of play-offs for a while.

I'll go against the grain, a fit and confident Hyam gets in over Skuse as long as we have someone like Webster behind him and Huws in front.
on 11:53 - Jun 27 with 6713 views_

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 11:34 - Jun 27 by dirtyboy

People forget how well he played in the first half of the 2014/15 season where we were second in the league for a period of time, he was buzzing around the place, picking up yellows here there and everywhere and even a couple of goals if memory serves me correct. I bet he's a right f****r to play against and I like that.

I don't want an army of Luke Hyams, but one in there messing people up satisfies my thirst for blood and it's opponents getting smashed up that gets us fired up.

He got injured, we dropped out of play-offs for a while.

I'll go against the grain, a fit and confident Hyam gets in over Skuse as long as we have someone like Webster behind him and Huws in front.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024