Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? 13:34 - Jun 26 with 9541 viewsPortwoman

Assuming he's fit for the start of the season and the Huws deal goes through OK, I can see him only making the bench at best.
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 12:18 - Jun 27 with 1661 viewsmickeyjb

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 13:43 - Jun 26 by RegencyBlue

Personally I don't think so.

He has proven to be injury prone and, although I appear to be in a minority whenever he is discussed on this board, I don't think he's that good!

I agree with you. We have all been grasping at the fact that he's one of our own. Whilst this is great to see, it shouldn't give them special treatment if they are just not good enough. Put it this way I'm not sure there would be many championship clubs clamouring for him should he be made available. I have nothing against him but I don't think he is what we need to move forward
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 12:36 - Jun 27 with 1637 viewsdirtyboy

on 11:53 - Jun 27 by _

I thought I was going out alone on that one...appreciated lol!

Seriously, though, there's another element to enjoying a game of football and although a free flowing passing game is lovely and can be applauded, there's a tribal element to supporting a team and you have a need for someone from your team, getting one over the opposition, be it dropping the shoulder and sending them the other way, or punting them into the advertising, we need both, you grit your teeth and shout 'get in there you <insertchoiceword>'

The crowd is roused, the atmosphere is positive...and we all know how important that can be....

Don't underestimate the importance of the (in some minds) least technically gifted player on the pitch.

I only say all of this because i'm a s**t footballer and make up for my lack of ability with erm....enthusiasm and a willingness to put my head on a foot to win ball, or make a 50/50 a 70/30 in my favour due to a lack of self preservation, and I think i'm underappreciated by my team mates lol!!
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 12:38 - Jun 27 with 1632 viewsdirtyboy

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 12:18 - Jun 27 by mickeyjb

I agree with you. We have all been grasping at the fact that he's one of our own. Whilst this is great to see, it shouldn't give them special treatment if they are just not good enough. Put it this way I'm not sure there would be many championship clubs clamouring for him should he be made available. I have nothing against him but I don't think he is what we need to move forward

Given he's not played for quite some time, that's totally understandable though isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, he has a lot to prove, but he 'could' be valuable.
Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 12:43 - Jun 27 with 1624 viewsbontcho

Think he has a year left on his contract. Personally I hope he stays relatively injury free i'd expect him to be a useful squad player. I think it's important players come through our youth system and so i'd like him to stay until I feel he's blocking the development of a younger player in his position (Downes?) unless he plays regularly (which I guess means replacing Skuse).

Overall he has some obvious flaws but his energy and commitment are commendable and sometimes you need a guy or two like that willing to roll their sleeves up.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 16:00 - Jun 27 with 1558 viewsPilgrimblue

on 11:53 - Jun 27 by _

I would if they're both fit. This season will see Skuse even slower so IF Hyam is fit and gets back to his best (big ask I know) he'll do for me as defensive mid.
Hyam will win a ball in 50/50 and he'll look for better options going forward. Skuse fits in to defense clearing up and intercepting etc but that's it. If defense does its job Skuse is surplus
on 16:10 - Jun 27 with 1552 views_

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 16:00 - Jun 27 by Pilgrimblue

I would if they're both fit. This season will see Skuse even slower so IF Hyam is fit and gets back to his best (big ask I know) he'll do for me as defensive mid.
Hyam will win a ball in 50/50 and he'll look for better options going forward. Skuse fits in to defense clearing up and intercepting etc but that's it. If defense does its job Skuse is surplus

Does Luke Hyam still have a future at our club? on 16:28 - Jun 27 with 1543 viewsPilgrimblue

on 16:10 - Jun 27 by _

Older! He was too slow last season so not expecting him to speed up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024