Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benyu 16:45 - Jun 26 with 5248 viewsSW6Tractor

Disappointed to see him leave, looked very promising.

Anyone know what's happened?
Benyu on 18:39 - Jun 26 with 5158 viewsBLUEBEAT

He thinks he's way better than he *currently* is.

It's OK to have a massive ego as a professional sportsman, obviously, but I think we've learnt by now that MM doesn't like Mantlemen.

Yes, I said Mantlemen.

Poll: W or W

Benyu on 18:48 - Jun 26 with 5156 viewssparks

Benyu on 18:39 - Jun 26 by BLUEBEAT

He thinks he's way better than he *currently* is.

It's OK to have a massive ego as a professional sportsman, obviously, but I think we've learnt by now that MM doesn't like Mantlemen.

Yes, I said Mantlemen.

Was it not reported that they had fallen out, he went on loan, really proved himself and can now go somewhere where he might play in a more footballing side, and with a coach he hasnt clashed with? Makes perfect sense and is a real shame.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Benyu on 18:53 - Jun 26 with 5124 viewsBLUEBEAT

Benyu on 18:48 - Jun 26 by sparks

Was it not reported that they had fallen out, he went on loan, really proved himself and can now go somewhere where he might play in a more footballing side, and with a coach he hasnt clashed with? Makes perfect sense and is a real shame.

Maybe MM should lock his own ego away for the good of the team/club...

Poll: W or W

Benyu on 19:21 - Jun 26 with 5099 viewsitfcjoe

Benyu on 18:48 - Jun 26 by sparks

He's fallen out with plenty of people at ITFC over the years - is a complicated kid but what do you expect when your parents move to Zimbabwe when you are 16 leaving you in London to fend for yourself.

It's a shame he's going, because he's a good prospect, but he was out on loan last year as a first step to leaving and as a last chance for him. It's obviously gone really well but that's gone to his head or he's getting some bad advice from those around him.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Benyu on 19:24 - Jun 26 with 5069 viewsPhilTWTD

Benyu on 19:21 - Jun 26 by itfcjoe

He's fallen out with plenty of people at ITFC over the years - is a complicated kid but what do you expect when your parents move to Zimbabwe when you are 16 leaving you in London to fend for yourself.

It's a shame he's going, because he's a good prospect, but he was out on loan last year as a first step to leaving and as a last chance for him. It's obviously gone really well but that's gone to his head or he's getting some bad advice from those around him.

The latter has been the problem, from what I'm told.
Benyu on 19:44 - Jun 26 with 5022 viewssparks

Benyu on 19:24 - Jun 26 by PhilTWTD

The club would say that though wouldnt they?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Benyu on 20:18 - Jun 26 with 4929 viewstractorboy1978

It's a real shame because he seems to have the ability to step up. We have no shortfall of young central midfielders coming through though - I am told from someone involved in the set up Nydam is very, very highly thought of.

I'll be interested to see where Benyu ends up, if he drops a league or two and starts getting regular games fairplay to him.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 20:24]
Benyu on 20:24 - Jun 26 with 4910 viewsThe_Snake

Totally agree, shame it's not worked out but don't think the Club can be hammered for this.

Would appear that the lad has talent, and potential but has dubious advisors. Massive shame.
Login to get fewer ads

Benyu on 09:24 - Jun 27 with 4541 viewsSW6Tractor

Benyu on 19:24 - Jun 26 by PhilTWTD

What a shame.

Do you think we could be doing more as a club to support these lads? Bishop appears to have gone "off the rails" too.
Benyu on 10:42 - Jun 27 with 4434 viewsNewingtonblue

I know someone who knows him. He doesn't like Ipswich and is hell bent on leaving. He is hard work, lots of attitude. I was told a few weeks ago Spurs were the preferred choice.

Blog: Football, Take Me Home

Benyu on 10:54 - Jun 27 with 4381 viewshype313

Benyu on 10:42 - Jun 27 by Newingtonblue

I know someone who knows him. He doesn't like Ipswich and is hell bent on leaving. He is hard work, lots of attitude. I was told a few weeks ago Spurs were the preferred choice.

I'm sure he will thrive with a bad attitude under Pochettino...

Especially given that he isn't afraid to tell it how it is, by all accounts he told Kyle Walker he doesn't have the physique to play 2-3 games a week, which is why he is on his toes.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Benyu on 11:08 - Jun 27 with 4353 viewsitfcjoe

Benyu on 10:42 - Jun 27 by Newingtonblue

Seemingly wants to go and be a development player somewhere rather than try and be a first teamer in the short term

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Benyu on 11:10 - Jun 27 with 4339 viewsPhilTWTD

Benyu on 10:54 - Jun 27 by hype313

I'm sure he will thrive with a bad attitude under Pochettino...

Especially given that he isn't afraid to tell it how it is, by all accounts he told Kyle Walker he doesn't have the physique to play 2-3 games a week, which is why he is on his toes.

Benyu spent time at Tottenham last summer and they weren't impressed, from what I gather.
Benyu on 11:10 - Jun 27 with 4340 viewsKieran_Knows

Benyu on 11:08 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

Seemingly wants to go and be a development player somewhere rather than try and be a first teamer in the short term

... and no doubt earn more money if he becomes a development player at a big club (Spurs for example).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Benyu on 11:15 - Jun 27 with 4300 viewssolemio

Benyu on 11:10 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

Benyu spent time at Tottenham last summer and they weren't impressed, from what I gather.

Was it his ability or his attitude with which they were unimpressed, Phil?
Benyu on 11:25 - Jun 27 with 4261 viewsDanTheMan

Benyu on 11:10 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

I heard similar when I was at my last place, they sponsored the NextGen tournament.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 11:26]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Benyu on 11:57 - Jun 27 with 4179 viewsPhilTWTD

Benyu on 11:15 - Jun 27 by solemio

Was it his ability or his attitude with which they were unimpressed, Phil?

I assume ability or form. He had missed a lot of the previous season with a knee injury, so may not have been at his best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024