Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18:33 - Jun 26 with 15487 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 18:38 - Jun 26 with 9407 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Didzy is that 'new striker' I think you'll find Libby

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 18:39 - Jun 26 with 9402 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 18:38 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

on 18:46 - Jun 26 with 9380 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 18:38 - Jun 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 18:57 - Jun 26 with 9343 viewstextbackup

We have a right back, if I have to watch another second of the CB captain we have playing are RB I'm going to fcking scream. Chambers is so much much at CB, he needs to stay there.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 19:03 - Jun 26 with 9313 viewsSonOfSpock

Because he's likely to be available for many games with an unblemished injury record..
Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 19:21 - Jun 26 with 9250 viewsJimmyJazz

on 18:46 - Jun 26 by _

With those goal stats are we also winning the FA Cup and whatever that other stupid cup is called this year, in addition to winning the Championship by a mile?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 19:31 - Jun 26 with 9223 viewsJon_456

This isn't football manager so those roles you've stated aren't really relevant

Bart

Spence
Chambers
Webster
Kenlock

Ward
Huws
Skuse
Celina

Garner
Sears/McGoldrick (depending on fitness)
on 20:01 - Jun 26 with 9138 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 19:21 - Jun 26 by JimmyJazz

With those goal stats are we also winning the FA Cup and whatever that other stupid cup is called this year, in addition to winning the Championship by a mile?

Login to get fewer ads

on 20:03 - Jun 26 with 9124 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 19:31 - Jun 26 by Jon_456

This isn't football manager so those roles you've stated aren't really relevant

Bart

Spence
Chambers
Webster
Kenlock

Ward
Huws
Skuse
Celina

Garner
Sears/McGoldrick (depending on fitness)

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 20:03 - Jun 26 with 9126 viewsLuk38644

While I agree that a return of the 442 is needed, I don't think we should even be tempted to have Chambers at right back, especially after he's stated time after time that he much prefers playing CB, he excelled while playing there last season and Spence has just signed an extension. I'd have Chambo at CB with Webster with Smith dropping to the bench.

It's an unpopular decision, but I'd also rather we stuck with Knudsen if we're playing four-at-the-back purely because he has a player like Celina in front of him who will do most of the attacking work, so Knudsen can support him but not have to worry about playing as a 'wing-back' as such. Of course, if Kenlock wins his place on merit like last season, he should start, but it's a great problem to have!

That midfield looks good although I would like to see another winger signed for added competition along with some quality in depth at central midfield. I'm hoping Rowe steps up and pushes Ward at RM, but Celina will need backup as it's alot to ask a whole season out of him ala Maitland-Niles... Kightly maybe? Adeyemi would be a quality addition if he chooses us over Scum, and with Bish, Hyam, Dozzell and Nydam backing them up, I'd be happy with that midfield.

The player you're looking for to play off Garner is Didzy McG dear boy. I know you don't like his strike rate but we saw him excel when playing alongside Murph and if Garner can strike a partnership with him, it would be a joy to watch. I do think we need another striker but more of a target man who can change a game on it's head if needed, like Alan Lee was. Garner will play that target man role but I don't think you can replace physical presence and height with effort, sometimes you just need that bloke up front who's going to make the ball stick.
on 20:09 - Jun 26 with 9089 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 20:03 - Jun 26 by Luk38644

While I agree that a return of the 442 is needed, I don't think we should even be tempted to have Chambers at right back, especially after he's stated time after time that he much prefers playing CB, he excelled while playing there last season and Spence has just signed an extension. I'd have Chambo at CB with Webster with Smith dropping to the bench.

It's an unpopular decision, but I'd also rather we stuck with Knudsen if we're playing four-at-the-back purely because he has a player like Celina in front of him who will do most of the attacking work, so Knudsen can support him but not have to worry about playing as a 'wing-back' as such. Of course, if Kenlock wins his place on merit like last season, he should start, but it's a great problem to have!

That midfield looks good although I would like to see another winger signed for added competition along with some quality in depth at central midfield. I'm hoping Rowe steps up and pushes Ward at RM, but Celina will need backup as it's alot to ask a whole season out of him ala Maitland-Niles... Kightly maybe? Adeyemi would be a quality addition if he chooses us over Scum, and with Bish, Hyam, Dozzell and Nydam backing them up, I'd be happy with that midfield.

The player you're looking for to play off Garner is Didzy McG dear boy. I know you don't like his strike rate but we saw him excel when playing alongside Murph and if Garner can strike a partnership with him, it would be a joy to watch. I do think we need another striker but more of a target man who can change a game on it's head if needed, like Alan Lee was. Garner will play that target man role but I don't think you can replace physical presence and height with effort, sometimes you just need that bloke up front who's going to make the ball stick.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 20:12 - Jun 26 with 9071 viewsCoastalblue

That could work, though agree on the Chambers front with the others.

If we did start reasonably well like that and got a bit of momentum then that could in turn give our more promising youngsters the chance to play in a side that has confidence, which would hopefully see their development increase.

Be nice to see Bishop being rotated into a side going well, though I have my doubts he'll be here next season.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 20:15 - Jun 26 with 9060 viewschristiand

I'd like to see Rowe on one flank and Celina on the other. Rowe showed enough in that Forest game that he has something about him.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 20:29 - Jun 26 with 9005 viewsSuperfrans

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 18:57 - Jun 26 by textbackup

We have a right back, if I have to watch another second of the CB captain we have playing are RB I'm going to fcking scream. Chambers is so much much at CB, he needs to stay there.

Spence will be first choice left back. Guaranteed.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 21:04 - Jun 26 with 8916 viewsLuk38644

on 20:09 - Jun 26 by _

I quite like Knudsen but he is very limited when going forward and it's something he really needs to improve sooner rather than later.

As for McG, it depends whether he can stay fit, whether the team around him performs and whether he has a strike partner he clicks with or not. He looked very good when partnered with Murph and chipped in with his fair share while setting up others when the whole side was in form, but if he is lumbered with a partner he can't work with, he'll struggle. He needs freedom to roam about in space and a target man would allow that. If he stays fit for at least 75% of the season, I could see him getting over 10 goals.

I can;t agree about Pitman. He's a very good striker at this level in a side that plays possession based football, but in a direct side like ours which requires physical strikers, he has really struggled. Watching him try and play the role Murph did was painful last season. Sears on the other hand, get him partnered with Garner and that would be an exciting duo.

At least Mick seems to have options for once rather than Leon Best or Kieffar Moore!
Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 21:11 - Jun 26 with 8879 viewstomo

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 18:57 - Jun 26 by textbackup

Fat fingers. Meant to be an up vote.
on 21:23 - Jun 26 with 8821 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 21:04 - Jun 26 by Luk38644

I quite like Knudsen but he is very limited when going forward and it's something he really needs to improve sooner rather than later.

As for McG, it depends whether he can stay fit, whether the team around him performs and whether he has a strike partner he clicks with or not. He looked very good when partnered with Murph and chipped in with his fair share while setting up others when the whole side was in form, but if he is lumbered with a partner he can't work with, he'll struggle. He needs freedom to roam about in space and a target man would allow that. If he stays fit for at least 75% of the season, I could see him getting over 10 goals.

I can;t agree about Pitman. He's a very good striker at this level in a side that plays possession based football, but in a direct side like ours which requires physical strikers, he has really struggled. Watching him try and play the role Murph did was painful last season. Sears on the other hand, get him partnered with Garner and that would be an exciting duo.

At least Mick seems to have options for once rather than Leon Best or Kieffar Moore!

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 21:39 - Jun 26 with 8753 viewsJakeITFC

I thought the same when I read his comments, but we are surely absolutely stacked in centre mid which makes playing 442 a bit of a nonsense (especially if there is anything in this McGinn link).

I think the squad is lacking a bit of balance on the wings and upfront.
Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 21:52 - Jun 26 with 8676 viewsitfcjoe

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 21:39 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

I thought the same when I read his comments, but we are surely absolutely stacked in centre mid which makes playing 442 a bit of a nonsense (especially if there is anything in this McGinn link).

I think the squad is lacking a bit of balance on the wings and upfront.

How are we stacked in CM? Other than Skuse and injury prone Hyman have we got anyone who's played 100 games at this level?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 21:55 - Jun 26 with 8671 viewsitfcjoe

You missed out our best player....

Think it needs to be fairly fluid but worry that if Taylor signs we'll take retrograde step of Chambo at RB.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:01 - Jun 26 with 8628 viewsJakeITFC

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 21:52 - Jun 26 by itfcjoe

How are we stacked in CM? Other than Skuse and injury prone Hyman have we got anyone who's played 100 games at this level?

Skuse, Hyam, Bru, Huws, Bishop, Ward, Dozzell.

That's basically 6 into 1, because Skuse isn't similar to the others. You'd imagine Bru is going, but the noises are another comes in. I would say all of those would be better suited to a three.
Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:05 - Jun 26 with 8612 viewsitfcjoe

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:01 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

Skuse, Hyam, Bru, Huws, Bishop, Ward, Dozzell.

That's basically 6 into 1, because Skuse isn't similar to the others. You'd imagine Bru is going, but the noises are another comes in. I would say all of those would be better suited to a three.

As things stand though Huws hasn't signed and Ward plays more out side. Bush plenty to do and Doz about hi miss pre season

I'd say it's currently weakest area of squad - although that can change quickly.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:13 - Jun 26 with 8572 viewstcblue

Rowe did well end of last season but even with Celina the squad feels light wide midfield to have 442 as primary option, without playing Sears regularly at LM (please God no).

The CM strengthening still suggests to me that it's a wingbacked 3-5-2 plan A, and I'm fine with that. Or maybe Mick is going for other wide options in the summer and I'm fine with that, too.

I would indeed like to see Freddie playing off a target man again but I am unconvinced that's Mick's priority.

I'm trying to emotionally reset for the new season and give Mick a fresh chance. Think there's been some good noises in terms of transfers. COYB.
Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:16 - Jun 26 with 8559 viewsGarv

Awful midfield.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:38 - Jun 26 with 8501 viewsEdmunds5

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:16 - Jun 26 by Garv

Awful midfield.

I think that's a pretty exciting midfield to be honest, more creativity and pace than previous years, maybe a touch lightweight, could still do with an uncompromising central midfield who will stick his foot in.

La la la Sixto Peralta
Poll: Transfer deadline day or Christmas?
Blog: A Representation Of Stability

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024