Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18:33 - Jun 26 with 15489 views_

on 22:43 - Jun 26 with 6014 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 21:55 - Jun 26 by itfcjoe

You missed out our best player....

Think it needs to be fairly fluid but worry that if Taylor signs we'll take retrograde step of Chambo at RB.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:48 - Jun 26 with 6002 viewstractorboy1978

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:05 - Jun 26 by itfcjoe

As things stand though Huws hasn't signed and Ward plays more out side. Bush plenty to do and Doz about hi miss pre season

I'd say it's currently weakest area of squad - although that can change quickly.

I thought Ward looked far better centrally than wide last season. I take the point about lack of Championship experience but assuming Huws + another signs (links with Tunnicliffe and McGinn) you would think that means Bru + possibly two of the others will be heading out if he plans to mainly play 4-4-2 and wants a tight squad. Dozzell needs to be getting more than the sporadic 10 minutes from the bench and Bishop needs to get regular minutes under his belt as well.
Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:53 - Jun 26 with 5994 viewstractorboy1978

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:01 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

Skuse, Hyam, Bru, Huws, Bishop, Ward, Dozzell.

That's basically 6 into 1, because Skuse isn't similar to the others. You'd imagine Bru is going, but the noises are another comes in. I would say all of those would be better suited to a three.

Defensively we are better suited to a three as well with the players we have.
Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 23:34 - Jun 26 with 5971 viewsLuk38644

on 21:23 - Jun 26 by _

But I'd argue that we weren't exactly flourishing behind him, were we?

Our midfield, for the most part, was crap last season and the amount of times I saw McG drop deep into our half just to get the ball was depressing. If he is told to link the midfield to a strike partner and stays away from our defensive third, then he'd get more goals/assists, and hopefully next season, that will be the case.

As I said above, I do think we need another target man striker because, while Garner sounds like a decent option to play off, I don't think you can substitute physicality with effort.
on 23:52 - Jun 26 with 5960 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 23:34 - Jun 26 by Luk38644

But I'd argue that we weren't exactly flourishing behind him, were we?

Our midfield, for the most part, was crap last season and the amount of times I saw McG drop deep into our half just to get the ball was depressing. If he is told to link the midfield to a strike partner and stays away from our defensive third, then he'd get more goals/assists, and hopefully next season, that will be the case.

As I said above, I do think we need another target man striker because, while Garner sounds like a decent option to play off, I don't think you can substitute physicality with effort.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 08:32 - Jun 27 with 5904 viewsBlue_Order

I like your use of Football Manager positional roles.
Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 08:39 - Jun 27 with 5896 viewshype313

on 23:52 - Jun 26 by _

I also think Didz is a busted flush, how long do we keep waiting for him to fire on all cylinders? Far better to get someone more potent in if we have plans of a top half finish, which we won't if we rely on Didz.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 08:53 - Jun 27 with 5881 viewsmaccyd9

Bart

Spence
Chambo
Webster
Knudsen

New right mid
Skuse
Huwys
Celina

Didz
Garner

It won't be far off that. Ward possibly on the right, but he isn't a winger and there's no place for him in a middle 2 with Skuse and Huwys. Knudsen in at left back as defensively we will need to be solid if Celina is allowed to bomb on and I can't leave Didz out of any Ipswich team however accept he's unlikely to stay fit for long.

We are made for a 352 but Mick appears to be already set for a 442.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 09:33 - Jun 27 with 5866 viewschicoazul

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 19:31 - Jun 26 by Jon_456

This isn't football manager so those roles you've stated aren't really relevant

Bart

Spence
Chambers
Webster
Kenlock

Ward
Huws
Skuse
Celina

Garner
Sears/McGoldrick (depending on fitness)

I don't see Mick playing Kenlock and Cellina together. It'll probably be Knudsen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 09:47 - Jun 27 with 5849 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 08:32 - Jun 27 by Blue_Order

I like your use of Football Manager positional roles.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 10:29 - Jun 27 with 5820 viewsKieran_Knows

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 08:53 - Jun 27 by maccyd9

Bart

Spence
Chambo
Webster
Knudsen

New right mid
Skuse
Huwys
Celina

Didz
Garner

It won't be far off that. Ward possibly on the right, but he isn't a winger and there's no place for him in a middle 2 with Skuse and Huwys. Knudsen in at left back as defensively we will need to be solid if Celina is allowed to bomb on and I can't leave Didz out of any Ipswich team however accept he's unlikely to stay fit for long.

We are made for a 352 but Mick appears to be already set for a 442.

Can't see it being to far off that to be honest. Would imagine Ward would play out on the right, but a bit like Anderson as a 'tucked in' winger.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 13:00 - Jun 27 with 5794 viewsbontcho

I was surprised with those comments as I think we have a squad built for 3-5-2 or a variant on that (e.g. the Chelsea 3-4-2-1 formation). In that formation you'd guess Celina would play either the second striker or third midfielder role (or the "Hazard role" in the Chelsea formation).

If we're going to play 4-4-2 we're either going to put someone out on the right wing who doesn't really fit there (Ward? Dozzell? Rowe?) or do quite a bit of dealing.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 13:05 - Jun 27 with 5786 viewsReuser_is_God

Agreed, think we need to go back to basics & play 442 now we have a striker that suits our style of play.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 13:07 - Jun 27 with 5778 viewsbontcho

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 22:01 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

Skuse, Hyam, Bru, Huws, Bishop, Ward, Dozzell.

That's basically 6 into 1, because Skuse isn't similar to the others. You'd imagine Bru is going, but the noises are another comes in. I would say all of those would be better suited to a three.

This, and the quality of our centre backs, is why I think we're more suited to wing backs.

Bishop, Ward and Dozzell would presumably be fighting for the third midfielder role.

Bulgarian penalty hero

on 13:09 - Jun 27 with 5777 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 13:00 - Jun 27 by bontcho

I was surprised with those comments as I think we have a squad built for 3-5-2 or a variant on that (e.g. the Chelsea 3-4-2-1 formation). In that formation you'd guess Celina would play either the second striker or third midfielder role (or the "Hazard role" in the Chelsea formation).

If we're going to play 4-4-2 we're either going to put someone out on the right wing who doesn't really fit there (Ward? Dozzell? Rowe?) or do quite a bit of dealing.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 13:58 - Jun 27 with 5748 viewsLankHenners

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 13:05 - Jun 27 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed, think we need to go back to basics & play 442 now we have a striker that suits our style of play.

A bustling striker in Garner, (potentially/hopefully) a bustling energetic midfielder in Huws, a good attacking left back in Kenlock (if he gets himself ahead of Knudsen) - looks like we could well be heading back to the values that had us finishing 6th.

Not suggesting we're play-off contenders now, but after trying to move the style of play on too quickly then slamming on the handbrakes after the 5-1 Reading game leading to a complete inability to find a balance between attack and defence, Mick may well be starting to put some things right again.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

on 13:58 - Jun 27 with 5745 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 13:58 - Jun 27 by LankHenners

A bustling striker in Garner, (potentially/hopefully) a bustling energetic midfielder in Huws, a good attacking left back in Kenlock (if he gets himself ahead of Knudsen) - looks like we could well be heading back to the values that had us finishing 6th.

Not suggesting we're play-off contenders now, but after trying to move the style of play on too quickly then slamming on the handbrakes after the 5-1 Reading game leading to a complete inability to find a balance between attack and defence, Mick may well be starting to put some things right again.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 14:00 - Jun 27 with 5735 viewsLankHenners

on 13:58 - Jun 27 by _

I think he's certainly earned the right to be considered a first choice starter, and I think that's how Mick will see it, rather than Kenlock 1st Knudsen 2nd.

on 14:02 - Jun 27 with 5722 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 14:00 - Jun 27 by LankHenners

I think he's certainly earned the right to be considered a first choice starter, and I think that's how Mick will see it, rather than Kenlock 1st Knudsen 2nd.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 14:08 - Jun 27 with 5712 viewsLankHenners

on 14:02 - Jun 27 by _

Knudsen's best games were very solid defensive performances but at the expense of lumping the ball aimlessly downfield at every opportunity and giving the ball away more often than not.

Whilst he's probably more solid and reliable (if Mick just tells him to defend) than Kenlock, who has taken risks and had them not come off (but I'm glad he continues to take them) Kenlock offers far more going forwards and is much more composed on the ball. Really looking forward to seeing how he develops over the season.

on 14:09 - Jun 27 with 5700 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 14:08 - Jun 27 by LankHenners

Knudsen's best games were very solid defensive performances but at the expense of lumping the ball aimlessly downfield at every opportunity and giving the ball away more often than not.

Whilst he's probably more solid and reliable (if Mick just tells him to defend) than Kenlock, who has taken risks and had them not come off (but I'm glad he continues to take them) Kenlock offers far more going forwards and is much more composed on the ball. Really looking forward to seeing how he develops over the season.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 14:10 - Jun 27 with 5697 viewsbontcho

on 13:09 - Jun 27 by _

I like Spence as a wing back but Emmanuel is better in a traditional right back slot.

I thought Ward's best games came when he played through the centre, personally, and am not sure he could play in a central 2 - but perhaps he could develop so he can play in a midfield 4 and if so probably the right midfielder (as opposed to right winger, if you see what I mean) is the most realistic.

Bulgarian penalty hero

on 14:15 - Jun 27 with 5687 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 14:10 - Jun 27 by bontcho

I like Spence as a wing back but Emmanuel is better in a traditional right back slot.

I thought Ward's best games came when he played through the centre, personally, and am not sure he could play in a central 2 - but perhaps he could develop so he can play in a midfield 4 and if so probably the right midfielder (as opposed to right winger, if you see what I mean) is the most realistic.

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 14:30 - Jun 27 with 5671 viewsBlue_Order

on 09:47 - Jun 27 by _

It was a compliment, mate. I'd like to have seen McGoldrick playing Trequartista though.
on 14:35 - Jun 27 with 5654 views_

Mick's comments in that Celina interview... on 14:30 - Jun 27 by Blue_Order

It was a compliment, mate. I'd like to have seen McGoldrick playing Trequartista though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024