Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. 19:42 - Jun 26 with 28053 viewsLord_Lucan

U2.

Heap of sh1te.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 19:44 - Jun 26 with 8738 viewsWD19

Madonna in Hyde Park was pretty awful all round.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 19:56 - Jun 26 with 8711 viewsjeera

Slayer.

Pointless racket.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 19:58 - Jun 26 with 8692 viewsLord_Lucan

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 19:44 - Jun 26 by WD19

Madonna in Hyde Park was pretty awful all round.

I hate to say this but Neil Young was terrible in Hyde Park, and I love Neil Young.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 19:59 - Jun 26 with 8685 viewsGlasgowBlue

Texas earlier this year. Didn't fancy in in the first place but the Mrs wanted to go. They weren't bad and I seemed to know most the songs but I found then incredibly bland.

I saw U2 in 1987 and they were bloody brilliant. That was a few years before Bono had disappeared inside his own arsehole though.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:00 - Jun 26 with 8683 viewsbluelagos

Saw Oasis in Btum around 97., last date of their world tour. Think they were tired and / or had had a row, as they came across as completely uninterested.

Really disappointing, as on their day, reckon they'd be amazing. Left early as they were so sh1te.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:00 - Jun 26 with 8684 viewsDeano69

I turned down a pair of U2 full hospitality in VIP lounge etc etc at the O2.

Seems like we think the same.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:00 - Jun 26 with 8683 viewstcblue

Foo Fighters
Chili Peppers
The Fall

First two weren't bad live but I knew I wouldn't like them as I don't like their music much, so no shame on them. The Fall, Mark E Smith pretty much always kicks off and doesn't end the gig and I knew that.

Basically, all three were my fault
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:01 - Jun 26 with 8671 viewsfooters

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 19:56 - Jun 26 by jeera

Slayer.

Pointless racket.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:03 - Jun 26 with 8657 viewsfooters

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:00 - Jun 26 by tcblue

Foo Fighters
Chili Peppers
The Fall

First two weren't bad live but I knew I wouldn't like them as I don't like their music much, so no shame on them. The Fall, Mark E Smith pretty much always kicks off and doesn't end the gig and I knew that.

Basically, all three were my fault

Agree about The Fall and it breaks my heart. Love their records but seeing MES as just a mumbling wreck was so disappointing. Like you say, I knew it was coming but I had to see it for myself. Did play a full set though... sadly.

In that way he's the truest punk. P1ssing off your own fans, ha.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:04 - Jun 26 with 8658 viewsCoastalblue

In the 80's three or four of us used to book tickets for us all to go see stuff we fancied at Hammersmith Odeon, used to go three times a month plus. (this is how I ended up seeing ZZTop as mentioned in the other thread.

Anyways, Judie Tzuke, I swear I lived three lifetimes during the course of that concert.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:07 - Jun 26 with 8641 viewsfeelingblue

Van Morrison - he took our money and couldn't be arsed. Rushed through 40 minutes, not a word to the audience and no encore

Elvis Costello - loved his music, but he was a t0sser and wouldn't play any of his big songs.

Genesis - Only went because my then gf loved them. I was bored beyond belief.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:09 - Jun 26 with 8623 viewsWicklowBlue

Oasis at the Point Depot in 2005, it was a train wreck! Liam was p!ssed off and hurling cans into the mosh pit. The sound was terrible couldnt hear Liam at all....

A far cry from their 1996 gig in Cork which was one of the best gigs I have been too.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:10 - Jun 26 with 8614 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:04 - Jun 26 by Coastalblue

In the 80's three or four of us used to book tickets for us all to go see stuff we fancied at Hammersmith Odeon, used to go three times a month plus. (this is how I ended up seeing ZZTop as mentioned in the other thread.

Anyways, Judie Tzuke, I swear I lived three lifetimes during the course of that concert.

Jusdie Tzuke will always remind of the bargain bins in record shops in the 1980's.

You were always guaranteed to find one of her albums there with a cut out on the cover.

Iron Lion Zion

on 20:13 - Jun 26 with 8585 views_

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:16 - Jun 26 with 8585 viewsCoastalblue

Thought of another.

Alexander O Neal (I know these aren't bands strictly speaking)

I loved him in the 80's, still love his first album but saw him about 10 years ago and he was a shambling wreck, off his t1ts, sweating profusely and mumbling through things badly.
He managed about 4 songs and walked off, which was probably a blessing for just about everybody there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:18 - Jun 26 with 8573 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:16 - Jun 26 by Coastalblue

Thought of another.

Alexander O Neal (I know these aren't bands strictly speaking)

I loved him in the 80's, still love his first album but saw him about 10 years ago and he was a shambling wreck, off his t1ts, sweating profusely and mumbling through things badly.
He managed about 4 songs and walked off, which was probably a blessing for just about everybody there.

Took my Mrs to see Alexander Oneal a couple of years ago. He came on about an hour late did a half hour set and fooked off.

Iron Lion Zion

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:22 - Jun 26 with 8561 viewsjaykay

shane macgowan. use to love the bloke,but at finsbury park feis 2011.he was more pissed than usual,so were the crowd.to make up for it i saw bob dylan, van morrison, christie moore,the cranberries, saw doctors and hothouse flowers that weekend

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:23 - Jun 26 with 8552 viewsRadlett_blue

But did she stay with you until dawn?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:31 - Jun 26 with 8525 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:10 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

Jusdie Tzuke will always remind of the bargain bins in record shops in the 1980's.

You were always guaranteed to find one of her albums there with a cut out on the cover.

Saw her back in 1980, Welcome to the cruise tour, small venue, she was bloody good.

Meatloaf. Dreadful,
The Vapors. Equally dreadful,
Souxsie & the Banshees, Disintrested & played for 20 minutes, told the crowd to f##k off & walked off.
Jimmy Page. Hugely dissapointing, poor musicians backing him.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:37 - Jun 26 with 8511 viewsFreddies_Ears

Judie Tzuke? Agree, absolutely terrible.

But my worst by a mile was Madonna. Nothing whatsoever to commend it. I put up with an hour, and have regretted it every since, other than it set a new low to judge everything else against!
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:37 - Jun 26 with 8505 viewsRadlett_blue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:31 - Jun 26 by StochesStotasBlewe

Saw her back in 1980, Welcome to the cruise tour, small venue, she was bloody good.

Meatloaf. Dreadful,
The Vapors. Equally dreadful,
Souxsie & the Banshees, Disintrested & played for 20 minutes, told the crowd to f##k off & walked off.
Jimmy Page. Hugely dissapointing, poor musicians backing him.

Aaargh - Meatloaf. Beat me to it. Saw him at Wembley Arena in the early 1980s, band were poor, sound was poor & he couldn't really sing. Also got stuck with a few spares as none of my mates fancied it. They were right.
A friend of mine made the mistake of seeing him at the O2 a few years ago & I warned him it would be garbage. He agreed afterwards.

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:42 - Jun 26 with 8497 viewsRadlett_blue

After Meatloaf, other most disappointing one was Bowie at Wembley on the Glass Spider Tour. He played a poor set (he's decided he didn't want to play any of his 70s stuff any more) & sound was poor. There was all sorts of acrobatics & dancers on stage but no-one could really see it in the days before big screens so it was lost on the audience. Big Country were support & got the crowd going more than Bowie. He was rightly panned by the critics & changed his set list for the next gig.

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:53 - Jun 26 with 8457 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:42 - Jun 26 by Radlett_blue

After Meatloaf, other most disappointing one was Bowie at Wembley on the Glass Spider Tour. He played a poor set (he's decided he didn't want to play any of his 70s stuff any more) & sound was poor. There was all sorts of acrobatics & dancers on stage but no-one could really see it in the days before big screens so it was lost on the audience. Big Country were support & got the crowd going more than Bowie. He was rightly panned by the critics & changed his set list for the next gig.

I was ,lucky enough to miss that tour. Saw the Serious Moonlight tour in 1983 and the Greatest Hits tour in 1990. Glass Spider was the one in between.

Iron Lion Zion

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:59 - Jun 26 with 8435 viewsJakeITFC

I saw Florence and the Machine once and had to leave, her voice is unbearable.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:07 - Jun 26 with 8405 viewstcblue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:59 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

I saw Florence and the Machine once and had to leave, her voice is unbearable.

Sounds like you didn't have the luuuuuuaaarrrrghggghvvvee
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024