Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. 19:42 - Jun 26 with 28055 viewsLord_Lucan

U2.

Heap of sh1te.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:09 - Jun 26 with 8989 viewsLord_Lucan

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:53 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

I was ,lucky enough to miss that tour. Saw the Serious Moonlight tour in 1983 and the Greatest Hits tour in 1990. Glass Spider was the one in between.

I was at both of those tours - the latter was actually the Sound and Vision tour.

I saw his last live public performance singing Arnold Layne and Comfortably Young at The Royal Albert Hall guesting with Dave Gilmour.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:11 - Jun 26 with 8982 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Feeder
Supergrass
Razorlight
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:16 - Jun 26 with 8972 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:09 - Jun 26 by Lord_Lucan

I was at both of those tours - the latter was actually the Sound and Vision tour.

I saw his last live public performance singing Arnold Layne and Comfortably Young at The Royal Albert Hall guesting with Dave Gilmour.

Were you at Milton Keynes for the Bowie tour in 1990? It was an absolute scorcher. I remember the Men they Couldn't Hang were one of the supports but I can't remember the rest as I was pissed. The only let down that day was Adrian Belew was Bowie's guitarist rather than one of his better know sidemen.

One of the best concerts I saw back then was Elton John in 1984 at the old Wembley Stadium. The warm up acts were Wang Chung, Big Country, Nik Kershaw, Kool and the Gang.

Another scorcher.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:25 - Jun 26 with 8948 viewsCoastalblue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:16 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

Were you at Milton Keynes for the Bowie tour in 1990? It was an absolute scorcher. I remember the Men they Couldn't Hang were one of the supports but I can't remember the rest as I was pissed. The only let down that day was Adrian Belew was Bowie's guitarist rather than one of his better know sidemen.

One of the best concerts I saw back then was Elton John in 1984 at the old Wembley Stadium. The warm up acts were Wang Chung, Big Country, Nik Kershaw, Kool and the Gang.

Another scorcher.

I went to the Milton Keynes Bowl for the serious moonlight tour. Originally I thought I'd never get tickets as it was a series of smaller venues, then Let's Dance exploded and they added in a load of bigger outdoor venues.
One of my most enjoyable experiences ever, I remember the place going mental for the Jean Genie encore.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:28 - Jun 26 with 8942 viewsPlums

Blur at V festival in Leeds. Completely disinterested and dull. Possibly miffed that Kula Shaker had just taken the place by storm.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:32 - Jun 26 with 8926 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:25 - Jun 26 by Coastalblue

I went to the Milton Keynes Bowl for the serious moonlight tour. Originally I thought I'd never get tickets as it was a series of smaller venues, then Let's Dance exploded and they added in a load of bigger outdoor venues.
One of my most enjoyable experiences ever, I remember the place going mental for the Jean Genie encore.

I saw Serious Moonlight in the Hammersmith Odeon. A special gig he put on to raise money for Brixton.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 21:32]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:35 - Jun 26 with 8922 viewsJakeITFC

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:11 - Jun 26 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Feeder
Supergrass
Razorlight

Seen Feeder a few times, are they ever anything other than bang average?
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:40 - Jun 26 with 8904 viewsLord_Lucan

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:16 - Jun 26 by GlasgowBlue

Another scorcher.

Yes I was there at MK

Pretty sure Midnight Oil were backing but I saw Simple Minds there at the same sort of time and they may have been supporting them.

Login to get fewer ads

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:42 - Jun 26 with 8896 viewsDubtractor

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:35 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

I saw them at the Drum and Monkey in the mid 90s, when they only had the EP out (before they went mega lame) and they were actually excellent.

Other than that though, meh every time.

Most disappointing set I've seen was Black Keys at Latitude a couple of years ago. So poor, just going through the motions an seemed utterly uninterested in being there. If you can't put some effort in for a crowd of about 25,000 then I don't know what is wrong. Odd as I'd seen them a year before at Ally Pally and they were great.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:44 - Jun 26 with 8885 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:35 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

Saw them one time in scumsville and they just played their music videos on a big screen behind where they played.

As you say, terminally bang average
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:10 - Jun 26 with 8831 viewsBluJu

Aswad and Jesus Loves you, lol.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:29 - Jun 26 with 8810 viewsGuthrum

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:01 - Jun 26 by footers

Saw Slayer only once, supporting Iron Maiden (not long after Bruce Dickinson had rejoined the latter). This was after driving down to London with a developing migraine and having my mate sat on one side and his newly-ex girlfriend on the other (tickets having been bought before it happened). Don't particularly like thrash at the best of times and can't say it was my most enjoyable experience.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:30 - Jun 26 with 8809 viewsGuthrum

Deep Purple. They were terrible, altho others have suggested it was just an off night on the tour.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:32 - Jun 26 with 8804 viewsfeelingblue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:42 - Jun 26 by Radlett_blue

After Meatloaf, other most disappointing one was Bowie at Wembley on the Glass Spider Tour. He played a poor set (he's decided he didn't want to play any of his 70s stuff any more) & sound was poor. There was all sorts of acrobatics & dancers on stage but no-one could really see it in the days before big screens so it was lost on the audience. Big Country were support & got the crowd going more than Bowie. He was rightly panned by the critics & changed his set list for the next gig.

I saw him on the same tour in Cardiff, and entirely agree. He was awful and Big Country were excellent.
I loved Bowie, but I also saw him on the Ziggy Stardust tour and he wasn't very good then either. I think that he just wasn't a good live act.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:59 - Jun 26 with 8766 viewsfooters

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:29 - Jun 26 by Guthrum

Saw Slayer only once, supporting Iron Maiden (not long after Bruce Dickinson had rejoined the latter). This was after driving down to London with a developing migraine and having my mate sat on one side and his newly-ex girlfriend on the other (tickets having been bought before it happened). Don't particularly like thrash at the best of times and can't say it was my most enjoyable experience.

Sour gooseberry!

Can't believe Maiden are still going. Good on 'em but have a hard time telling which one Eddie is these days.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 23:05 - Jun 26 with 8755 viewsLord_Lucan

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:32 - Jun 26 by feelingblue

I saw him on the same tour in Cardiff, and entirely agree. He was awful and Big Country were excellent.
I loved Bowie, but I also saw him on the Ziggy Stardust tour and he wasn't very good then either. I think that he just wasn't a good live act.

Must admit the times I have seen him I've been a little underwhelmed.

Still loved the man though, one of my all time heroes.

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 23:49 - Jun 26 with 8714 viewsMelford

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:42 - Jun 26 by Dubtractor

I saw them at the Drum and Monkey in the mid 90s, when they only had the EP out (before they went mega lame) and they were actually excellent.

Other than that though, meh every time.

Most disappointing set I've seen was Black Keys at Latitude a couple of years ago. So poor, just going through the motions an seemed utterly uninterested in being there. If you can't put some effort in for a crowd of about 25,000 then I don't know what is wrong. Odd as I'd seen them a year before at Ally Pally and they were great.

My mrs absolutely loves Feeder, best band of all time loves them. Has a special shelf with literally everything they have released. Goes 2-3 times every tour. I don't get it myself, I don't dislike them but it's a bit meat and potatoes rockier end of indie guitar rock.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 00:08 - Jun 27 with 8699 viewsThrobbe

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 19:56 - Jun 26 by jeera

Slayer.

Pointless racket.

I need to know if (a) you'd heard Slayer before and assumed they would be different live, or (b) hadn't heard them before, but assumed that a band called Slayer would be anything but thrash?

I've seen plenty of bands play bad gigs but knew it was just the wrong night to see them, Alice in Chains, Dylan, that Stone Roses appearance, but the biggest disappointment was seeing Korn just after the first album came out. A shambling hour long jam that never really got going.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 00:27 - Jun 27 with 8680 viewsSarge

I've never been to a concert
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 00:29 - Jun 27 with 8677 viewsStokieBlue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:59 - Jun 26 by JakeITFC

I saw Florence and the Machine once and had to leave, her voice is unbearable.

Saw them at Ally Pally.

Rubbish.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 02:19 - Jun 27 with 8648 viewsjeera

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 00:08 - Jun 27 by Throbbe

I need to know if (a) you'd heard Slayer before and assumed they would be different live, or (b) hadn't heard them before, but assumed that a band called Slayer would be anything but thrash?

I've seen plenty of bands play bad gigs but knew it was just the wrong night to see them, Alice in Chains, Dylan, that Stone Roses appearance, but the biggest disappointment was seeing Korn just after the first album came out. A shambling hour long jam that never really got going.

I thought they'd be a Christian folk band.

I didn't really.

No, there was a crowd of us, a few friends, and we'd take it in turns to choose a gig.

Needless to say, it wasn't my turn.

It was OK really, in as much as listening to a Harrier jump jet on stage might be OK. They were supported by other delights such as Testament, Megadeath and Suicidal Tendencies.

I couldn't hear much for a few days.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 2:20]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 07:16 - Jun 27 with 8581 viewshoppy

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:16 - Jun 26 by Coastalblue

Thought of another.

Alexander O Neal (I know these aren't bands strictly speaking)

I loved him in the 80's, still love his first album but saw him about 10 years ago and he was a shambling wreck, off his t1ts, sweating profusely and mumbling through things badly.
He managed about 4 songs and walked off, which was probably a blessing for just about everybody there.

All you want to do is criticise...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 07:44 - Jun 27 with 8558 viewsRadlett_blue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:30 - Jun 26 by Guthrum

Deep Purple. They were terrible, altho others have suggested it was just an off night on the tour.

Hmm..saw them at the Roundhouse in 2013 & they were excellent. Ian Gillan still had a huge voice & they played most of what I wanted to hear, except not doing Highway Star or Child in Time.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 08:07 - Jun 27 with 8535 viewsWD19

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 23:49 - Jun 26 by Melford

My mrs absolutely loves Feeder, best band of all time loves them. Has a special shelf with literally everything they have released. Goes 2-3 times every tour. I don't get it myself, I don't dislike them but it's a bit meat and potatoes rockier end of indie guitar rock.

Bit random, but the BBC used the 'I think we're gonna make it' bit of Buck Rodgers as play out music when we beat Germany 5-1. Inspired.....and still gives me goose bumps whenever I hear it.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 08:16 - Jun 27 with 8528 viewsimsureazzure

Bauhaus, pretencious w@nkers and that was just the crowd.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024