Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. 19:42 - Jun 26 with 27957 viewsLord_Lucan

U2.

Heap of sh1te.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 08:31 - Jun 27 with 5633 viewsitfcinwales

Marilyn Manson has been terrible everytime ive seen him.

He got booed off stage at one point
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 08:38 - Jun 27 with 5619 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:07 - Jun 26 by feelingblue

Van Morrison - he took our money and couldn't be arsed. Rushed through 40 minutes, not a word to the audience and no encore

Elvis Costello - loved his music, but he was a t0sser and wouldn't play any of his big songs.

Genesis - Only went because my then gf loved them. I was bored beyond belief.

Re Genesis.....good light show though !!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 08:43 - Jun 27 with 5611 viewshype313

Most bands I have seen over the past 20 years have been a let down live to be honest.

The only two that stand out for me as brilliant were Stevie Wonder and the Phonics.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 08:46 - Jun 27 with 5602 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hawkind, Stonehenge 1985.....band never showed up due to we fans being beaten up by the police/army in a field on the way to the venue !

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 09:22 - Jun 27 with 5575 viewssoupytwist

I went to see Jean-Michel Jarre in Docklands in October 1988. I didn't want to go but my girlfriend at the time got tickets even though it was the weekend at the end of Freshers Week at my university (and she had to travel up from her uni in Bristol).

What a load of bobbins, chucked it down with rain and the transport infrastructure was nowhere near as good as it is now so took ages to get home to Southend.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 9:24]
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 09:57 - Jun 27 with 5536 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 09:22 - Jun 27 by soupytwist

I went to see Jean-Michel Jarre in Docklands in October 1988. I didn't want to go but my girlfriend at the time got tickets even though it was the weekend at the end of Freshers Week at my university (and she had to travel up from her uni in Bristol).

What a load of bobbins, chucked it down with rain and the transport infrastructure was nowhere near as good as it is now so took ages to get home to Southend.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 9:24]

Good light show though !?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 09:58 - Jun 27 with 5536 viewsFoD_Blue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:28 - Jun 26 by Plums

Blur at V festival in Leeds. Completely disinterested and dull. Possibly miffed that Kula Shaker had just taken the place by storm.

Was that 2003?
I watched their first three songs and then walked away in disgust. Went into the tent to watch AFI, who I barely knew. They were excellent!
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:02 - Jun 27 with 5531 viewsIP4_Blue

Beyoncé at v a few years ago, made the crowd wait for ages coming out late was awful
Login to get fewer ads

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:03 - Jun 27 with 5528 viewsFoD_Blue

White Stripes in Hyde Park.

They stood (or sat in Meg's case) stationary at one side of the stage for the entire set and just rattled off their setlist without saying a word. They had video screens, but they were just red and white, not shades of red and white, but just one shade of red.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:13 - Jun 27 with 5516 viewsTJS

Feeder at UAE in 2003 - dragged along by a friend.
Rubbish venue.
Rubbish sound system.
Rubbish band.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:14 - Jun 27 with 5513 viewsRadlett_blue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:03 - Jun 27 by FoD_Blue

They stood (or sat in Meg's case) stationary at one side of the stage for the entire set and just rattled off their setlist without saying a word. They had video screens, but they were just red and white, not shades of red and white, but just one shade of red.

But were the stripes on the screens white?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Only a few weeks ago I saw.... on 10:22 - Jun 27 with 5502 viewsBloots

...Neville Staple followed by From The Jam.

Randomly in between them, Toploader were on.

I went for a beer and a dump.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:24 - Jun 27 with 5495 viewshype313

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:03 - Jun 27 by FoD_Blue

Sunburnt?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:26 - Jun 27 with 5494 viewsThrobbe

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 08:31 - Jun 27 by itfcinwales

Marilyn Manson has been terrible everytime ive seen him.

He got booed off stage at one point

I wasn't expecting much from Marilyn Manson, and I wasn't disappointed.

Saw him at MK Bowl, the same gig that Bill Bailey sometimes refers to, where he attempted to get the crowd chanting "Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes". That was unintentional comedy gold.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Only a few weeks ago I saw.... on 10:28 - Jun 27 with 5488 viewsRadlett_blue

Only a few weeks ago I saw.... on 10:22 - Jun 27 by Bloots

...Neville Staple followed by From The Jam.

Randomly in between them, Toploader were on.

I went for a beer and a dump.

I have seen From the Jam twice & found them very good.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Indeed, they are touring pretty constantly.... on 10:31 - Jun 27 with 5487 viewsBloots

Only a few weeks ago I saw.... on 10:28 - Jun 27 by Radlett_blue

...so always plenty of opportunity to see them.

It's always good to see someone genuinely pleased to play the classics, rather than seeing Weller begrudgingly knocking out rubbish acoustic versions.

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:31 - Jun 27 with 5486 viewsuncle

A mate of mine travels the world watching U2. I think he saw them about 30 times last year, and I know he followed them around canadia and the states. I just don't get it myself.
Anyway, years back I saw anthrax play. Terrible, just not good at all.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 10:48 - Jun 27 with 5455 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:07 - Jun 26 by feelingblue

Van Morrison - he took our money and couldn't be arsed. Rushed through 40 minutes, not a word to the audience and no encore

Elvis Costello - loved his music, but he was a t0sser and wouldn't play any of his big songs.

Genesis - Only went because my then gf loved them. I was bored beyond belief.

van Morrision once played a gig in Glasgow. He mumbled his way through the set, didn't interact at all and then left the stage. He came back in to what everybody though would be an encore, picked up his glasses he'd left on a stand and walked off the stage again.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Indeed, they are touring pretty constantly.... on 10:55 - Jun 27 with 5444 viewsLord_Lucan

Indeed, they are touring pretty constantly.... on 10:31 - Jun 27 by Bloots

...so always plenty of opportunity to see them.

It's always good to see someone genuinely pleased to play the classics, rather than seeing Weller begrudgingly knocking out rubbish acoustic versions.

It's the first time I've heard anyone give a negative review of From the Jam. Agree with you about Weller the pretentious prick. I'm a bit disappointed that Weller and Foxton are all pally again now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

You've misunderstood mate..... on 10:57 - Jun 27 with 5434 viewsBloots

Indeed, they are touring pretty constantly.... on 10:55 - Jun 27 by Lord_Lucan

It's the first time I've heard anyone give a negative review of From the Jam. Agree with you about Weller the pretentious prick. I'm a bit disappointed that Weller and Foxton are all pally again now.

....my negative review was for Toploader.

I'd go and see FTJ every month.

In fact I nearly do.

Only a few weeks ago I saw.... on 10:58 - Jun 27 with 5432 viewsCaptainObvious

Only a few weeks ago I saw.... on 10:28 - Jun 27 by Radlett_blue

From The Jam? They're only the band The Jam could have been.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

You've misunderstood mate..... on 10:59 - Jun 27 with 5431 viewsLord_Lucan

You've misunderstood mate..... on 10:57 - Jun 27 by Bloots

....my negative review was for Toploader.

I'd go and see FTJ every month.

In fact I nearly do.

I was commenting on your comment on the post that you commented on.

I'm going back to bed. (n/t) on 11:00 - Jun 27 with 5424 viewsBloots

You've misunderstood mate..... on 10:59 - Jun 27 by Lord_Lucan

You've misunderstood mate..... on 11:01 - Jun 27 with 5424 viewsLord_Lucan

You've misunderstood mate..... on 10:59 - Jun 27 by Lord_Lucan

Scrub that. I got confused.

Interestingly, I may be going to see..... on 11:03 - Jun 27 with 5422 viewsBloots

Only a few weeks ago I saw.... on 10:58 - Jun 27 by CaptainObvious

From The Jam? They're only the band The Jam could have been.

..."The Style Councillors" at the 100 Club soon.

Not sure though, it's essentially a tribute act to a nearly act.

Might be fun though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024