Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. 19:42 - Jun 26 with 28092 viewsLord_Lucan

U2.

Heap of sh1te.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Interestingly, I may be going to see..... on 11:07 - Jun 27 with 4682 viewsCaptainObvious

Interestingly, I may be going to see..... on 11:03 - Jun 27 by Bloots

..."The Style Councillors" at the 100 Club soon.

Not sure though, it's essentially a tribute act to a nearly act.

Might be fun though.

speak like A child is a top choon

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Interestingly, I may be going to see..... on 11:33 - Jun 27 with 4656 viewsLightningboy

Interestingly, I may be going to see..... on 11:07 - Jun 27 by CaptainObvious

speak like A child is a top choon

Saw Paul Weller at the Newport Centre around 1993..I liked the Jam and Loved The Style Council (still do)..this was just as he was starting on a solo career so was playing lots of new stuff thus the atmosphere was a bit flat..at one point he muttered "it's like a f*cking morgue in here" (it was)..when he came back out for his encore the crowd started chanting "it's like a f*cking morgue in here"..Paul responded "you're f*cking quick,aren't you".

I still prefer The Style Council stuff.
Indeed, they are touring pretty constantly.... on 11:48 - Jun 27 with 4634 viewsGlasgowBlue

Indeed, they are touring pretty constantly.... on 10:55 - Jun 27 by Lord_Lucan

It's the first time I've heard anyone give a negative review of From the Jam. Agree with you about Weller the pretentious prick. I'm a bit disappointed that Weller and Foxton are all pally again now.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Interestingly, I may be going to see..... on 11:50 - Jun 27 with 4632 viewsGlasgowBlue

Interestingly, I may be going to see..... on 11:33 - Jun 27 by Lightningboy

Saw Paul Weller at the Newport Centre around 1993..I liked the Jam and Loved The Style Council (still do)..this was just as he was starting on a solo career so was playing lots of new stuff thus the atmosphere was a bit flat..at one point he muttered "it's like a f*cking morgue in here" (it was)..when he came back out for his encore the crowd started chanting "it's like a f*cking morgue in here"..Paul responded "you're f*cking quick,aren't you".

I've seen Weller about ten times in the last twenty years. He doesn't get any more cheerful as he gets older.

Iron Lion Zion

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 12:46 - Jun 27 with 4593 viewsPlums

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 09:58 - Jun 27 by FoD_Blue

Was that 2003?
I watched their first three songs and then walked away in disgust. Went into the tent to watch AFI, who I barely knew. They were excellent!

Think it was '97.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Interestingly, I may be going to see..... on 12:50 - Jun 27 with 4588 viewsPlums

Interestingly, I may be going to see..... on 11:33 - Jun 27 by Lightningboy

I've always thought that the young Weller would look at the old Weller and wonder WTF happened.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 13:15 - Jun 27 with 4567 viewsRobTheMonk

I saw Jess Glyn on X Factor and it was one of the worst sounding artists I've ever heard on my television. Shame, as I quite like her songs.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 13:17 - Jun 27 with 4561 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 13:15 - Jun 27 by RobTheMonk

I saw Jess Glyn on X Factor and it was one of the worst sounding artists I've ever heard on my television. Shame, as I quite like her songs.

My mrs took the kids to see Jess Glynne a few months ago and said she was very good.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 13:37 - Jun 27 with 4545 viewsWeWereZombies

Saw U2 in September 1980 at an indoor festival called Futurama in Leeds before they had released anything in the UK. Dynamic in the extreme.

Saw Motorhead at one of the Hyde Park events fifteen years ago and they were so hackneyed we surrendered decent positions ready for the Foo Fighters just to get away from them. There was someone doing a spectacularly stupid dance at the back of the arena so we did get some enjoyment out of their set.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 15:52 - Jun 27 with 4491 viewsBlueNomad

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:30 - Jun 26 by Guthrum

Deep Purple. They were terrible, altho others have suggested it was just an off night on the tour.

I saw them in 76, two nights before they broke up (the Tommy Bolin version). They could be seen pushing and shoving backstage. Awful
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 16:25 - Jun 27 with 4466 viewsGogs

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 21:11 - Jun 26 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Feeder
Supergrass
Razorlight

I've seen Supergrass 3 or 4 times and always found them to be an excellent live act, especially for essentially a 3 piece. Razorlight and Feeder were dreadfully dull when I saw them though
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 16:40 - Jun 27 with 4458 viewseireblue

Peter Andre.

Under severe duress.

Actually, to be fair, the actual band could play their instruments. I hope they were paid well.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 19:58 - Jun 27 with 4403 viewsSonOfSpock

Steps.

Summer of '99. Didn't pull either.
Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:37 - Jun 27 with 4383 viewsnoggin

Travis. Fooking rubbish.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 22:39 - Jun 27 with 4336 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Bands you wish you had never bothered seeing. on 20:37 - Jun 27 by noggin

Travis. Fooking rubbish.

Was it raining ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024