Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around 19:49 - Jun 26 with 8834 viewspistonbroke

Can anyone advise
Today my boy received a summons in the post for allegedly throwing a cigarette. Butt out of his car window , apparently an enforcement officer reckons he see him do it , but the thing is the letter was dated 21st may but the alleged offence was 8th June , how can they pre empt an offence and secondly if he denies it surely without photographic evidence. It's one persons word against another
Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 19:52 - Jun 26 with 8802 viewssparks

No idea- not my thing. Sounds like a typo though.

One word against another can of course be a problem if one of those people is an officer of the law. Difficult to prove beyond reasonably doubt thougg one imagines.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:00 - Jun 26 with 8745 viewspistonbroke

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 19:52 - Jun 26 by sparks

No idea- not my thing. Sounds like a typo though.

One word against another can of course be a problem if one of those people is an officer of the law. Difficult to prove beyond reasonably doubt thougg one imagines.

Ok thanks anyway
Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:29 - Jun 26 with 8650 viewsRadlett_blue

I am no lawyer, but I believe people have got off offences if the old bill or CPS make elementary errors such as getting the date wrong.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:32 - Jun 26 with 8640 viewsLord_Lucan

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:00 - Jun 26 by pistonbroke

Ok thanks anyway

Just tell him to go not guilty and advise the bench that he doesn't smoke.

If in the extremely unlikely event they have footage of the incident and catch him out it's hardly a hanging offence.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:39 - Jun 26 with 8605 viewsPinewoodblue

Did he receive a summons or just a fixed penalty notice? Be surprised if it was a summons.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:43 - Jun 26 with 8576 viewsSitfcB

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/court-fines-ipswich-woman-for-flinging-dog-end

Surely the date being wrong must be a typo?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:45 - Jun 26 with 8565 viewsm14_blue

Did he do it?

If yes, pay the fine. If no, contest it.
Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:52 - Jun 26 with 8539 viewspistonbroke

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:32 - Jun 26 by Lord_Lucan

Just tell him to go not guilty and advise the bench that he doesn't smoke.

If in the extremely unlikely event they have footage of the incident and catch him out it's hardly a hanging offence.

That's what I told him to do
Login to get fewer ads

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:52 - Jun 26 with 8532 viewspistonbroke

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:39 - Jun 26 by Pinewoodblue

Did he receive a summons or just a fixed penalty notice? Be surprised if it was a summons.

Was a fixed penalty thing
Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 23:54 - Jun 26 with 8199 viewsSwansea_Blue

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:45 - Jun 26 by m14_blue

Did he do it?

If yes, pay the fine. If no, contest it.

This.

I hate it when people chuck their fag ends or any sort of rubbish out of their cars/vans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 00:31 - Jun 27 with 8161 viewsBLUEBEAT

For info:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39882434

Poll: W or W

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 01:50 - Jun 27 with 8110 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 23:54 - Jun 26 by Swansea_Blue

This.

I hate it when people chuck their fag ends or any sort of rubbish out of their cars/vans.

A lot of cars don't have ashtrays now
Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 06:48 - Jun 27 with 7993 viewsBackToRussia

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 01:50 - Jun 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

Does your car have a rubbish bin? No but you don't chuck garbage out of the window do you.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 06:49 - Jun 27 with 7992 viewsblueconscience

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 01:50 - Jun 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

Then don't smoke in the car.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 07:09 - Jun 27 with 7954 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 06:49 - Jun 27 by blueconscience

Then don't smoke in the car.

I don't smoke, but I couldn't care less if someone throws a fag butt out of the window.
Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 08:49 - Jun 27 with 7837 viewsfactual_blue

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 20:52 - Jun 26 by pistonbroke

Was a fixed penalty thing

Did he do it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 08:52 - Jun 27 with 7828 viewsRadlett_blue

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 07:09 - Jun 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

I don't smoke, but I couldn't care less if someone throws a fag butt out of the window.

Where do you stand on drink cans & empty cigarette packets?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 08:56 - Jun 27 with 7815 viewsbluelagos

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 08:52 - Jun 27 by Radlett_blue

Where do you stand on drink cans & empty cigarette packets?

On the lids.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 11:16 - Jun 27 with 7709 viewsipswich78

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 07:09 - Jun 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

Really? You are happy with people littering, especially something which doesn't easily biodegrade?

I just can't get my head around that mindset you're demonstrating.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 11:23 - Jun 27 with 7684 viewsgiant_stow

5 down arrows and counting - you scum!

It's a tiny fag butt on a dirty old road with loads of car detritus and fumes - if your detractors really cared about the environment, they wouldnt be driving motor cars.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 7560 viewsipswich78

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 11:23 - Jun 27 by giant_stow

5 down arrows and counting - you scum!

It's a tiny fag butt on a dirty old road with loads of car detritus and fumes - if your detractors really cared about the environment, they wouldnt be driving motor cars.

Not necessarily, I drive because I have to not because I choose to. I drive the most economical vehicle and pollution free vehicle I can afford that also suits my needs from a family perspective.

You choose to smoke. You choose to throw the cigarette butt out of the window.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Legal advice needed. Sparks if you're around on 15:29 - Jun 27 with 7481 viewsMeadowlark

Mate recently got fined for this...he doesn't even smoke!
Problem is it's a fixed penalty. If you appeal or plead not-guilty, they ramp up the potential amount and of course it's also a time consuming process.
Then you have to prove your innocence.
Legalised theft.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024