Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station 19:52 - Jun 26 with 6303 viewsCoastalblue

this morning, anybody on here? Don't see many Town shirts around these parts.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 19:54 - Jun 26 with 6292 viewsWD19

No, but I am highly likely to be there tmw evening. Might leave the polyester at home though.
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 20:00 - Jun 26 with 6269 viewsCoastalblue

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 19:54 - Jun 26 by WD19

No, but I am highly likely to be there tmw evening. Might leave the polyester at home though.

I'm now trying to imagine why anybody would be coming to Wapping on a Tuesday evening. The best I can come up with is Tobacco Dock (unlikely on a Tuesday) The Prospect Of whitby or Captain Kidd or eating at Il Bordello.

I suspect I'm hopelessly wrong on all acounts and don't expect you to tell me, so will make up some story to myself that you are currently going out with Graham Norton.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 20:04 - Jun 26 with 6247 viewsWD19

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 20:00 - Jun 26 by Coastalblue

I'm now trying to imagine why anybody would be coming to Wapping on a Tuesday evening. The best I can come up with is Tobacco Dock (unlikely on a Tuesday) The Prospect Of whitby or Captain Kidd or eating at Il Bordello.

I suspect I'm hopelessly wrong on all acounts and don't expect you to tell me, so will make up some story to myself that you are currently going out with Graham Norton.

Captain Kidd for after work drinks.....unless get dragged to the Dickens Inn in St Katherine Dock instead.
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 20:06 - Jun 26 with 6240 viewsCoastalblue

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 20:04 - Jun 26 by WD19

Captain Kidd for after work drinks.....unless get dragged to the Dickens Inn in St Katherine Dock instead.

Nice, and only a short walk from Graham's house

Enjoy.

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 22:07 - Jun 26 with 6018 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

He's just very late for the blockade of News International....at least he's got there in the end !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:39 - Jun 27 with 5754 viewsJohn_Bonds_Ghost

Not me .....but I do live in Wapping.......Pierhead off Wapping High Street !!!

N
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:43 - Jun 27 with 5740 viewsnoggin

How do you know his name was Guy?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:47 - Jun 27 with 5723 viewsStokieBlue

Wapping could do with a few more nice restaurants. The one in metropolitan wharf should have been lovely but was awful and has now closed down.

The pizza express is completely wasted on such a nice building.

The pubs are excellent for a river drink but the food isn't great.

Wapping is lovely though, nothing nicer than a walk along the Thames path stopping at the pubs along the way.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:51 - Jun 27 with 5710 viewsJohn_Bonds_Ghost

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:47 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

Wapping could do with a few more nice restaurants. The one in metropolitan wharf should have been lovely but was awful and has now closed down.

Wapping is lovely though, nothing nicer than a walk along the Thames path stopping at the pubs along the way.

SB

Agree...they were looking to crowd fund a new Michelin star place in Metropolitan Wharf but it does not seem to have happened. Also talk of the Pumping Station opposite the Prospect being developed in a Hotel and restaurants.

I love Wapping and walk to work (along the River and over Tower Bridge) every day.
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:56 - Jun 27 with 5692 viewsStokieBlue

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:51 - Jun 27 by John_Bonds_Ghost

Agree...they were looking to crowd fund a new Michelin star place in Metropolitan Wharf but it does not seem to have happened. Also talk of the Pumping Station opposite the Prospect being developed in a Hotel and restaurants.

I love Wapping and walk to work (along the River and over Tower Bridge) every day.

That's a very nice walk into work.

Shame they stopped doing the market in the pumping station. There are a few lovely buildings around there that would make excellent restaurants.

Shame the new place in metropolitan wharf didn't work out, I think it was a famous Spanish chef but his name escapes me.

SB

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:59 - Jun 27 with 5682 viewsBlueStreak

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:51 - Jun 27 by John_Bonds_Ghost

The best restaurant around that way is Smith's in my opinion. Great fish and a very decent view.
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 09:02 - Jun 27 with 5671 viewsStokieBlue

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:59 - Jun 27 by BlueStreak

The best restaurant around that way is Smith's in my opinion. Great fish and a very decent view.

Agreed, that's the best restaurant around there as you say.

SB

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 09:03 - Jun 27 with 5664 viewsJohn_Bonds_Ghost

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:56 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

That's a very nice walk into work.

Shame they stopped doing the market in the pumping station. There are a few lovely buildings around there that would make excellent restaurants.

Shame the new place in metropolitan wharf didn't work out, I think it was a famous Spanish chef but his name escapes me.

SB

It was Nuno Mendes .....had that place (Vigente ?) in Bethnal Green Town Hall.

Trouble for Restaurants is that a lot of Wapping is appartments/flats that are used during the week but not at weekends plus there are not that many businesses.

With the London Dock Development my money is on Tobacco Dock being re-generated and becoming the Covent Garden of the East .
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 09:06 - Jun 27 with 5658 viewsJohn_Bonds_Ghost

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:59 - Jun 27 by BlueStreak

Smith's makes me laugh ....you often see Danny Dyer types in their big motors pulling up !

Don't rate it though
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 09:11 - Jun 27 with 5639 viewsfooters

I used to see a guy on that part of the Overground in a Town woolly hat. Tried to say hello to him the first time but he had his earphones in and I looked a bit simple talking to myself. Too embarrassed after that.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 11:05 - Jun 27 with 5547 viewsIP4_Blue

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 09:06 - Jun 27 by John_Bonds_Ghost

Smith's makes me laugh ....you often see Danny Dyer types in their big motors pulling up !

Don't rate it though

Not as bad as the Smiths in Ongar, you should see the Danny Dyer types and big motors there!
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 11:11 - Jun 27 with 5535 viewsIP4_Blue

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 09:11 - Jun 27 by footers

I used to see a guy on that part of the Overground in a Town woolly hat. Tried to say hello to him the first time but he had his earphones in and I looked a bit simple talking to myself. Too embarrassed after that.

I used to work in canary wharf and see a town fan I just started talking to him about Town he must have thought random ha

I see and spoke to Alan Brazil in Waitrose, wasn't sure if he was drunk lol he said he lives in Canary Wharf in the week but has a place in Ipswich
Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 13:55 - Jun 27 with 5447 viewsCoastalblue

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 08:47 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

SB

Agree on the pub grub but I'm a big fan of Il Bordello the Italian restaurant very close to where JBG appears to live. Old school simple Italian dishes at reasonable prices and a pretty good house red.
It will be interesting to see what we get on the Murdoch site in terms of restaurants and shops and what knock opn effect that has on the rest of Wapping.

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 14:24 - Jun 27 with 5399 viewsStokieBlue

Guy in Town shirt at Wapping station on 13:55 - Jun 27 by Coastalblue

Agree on the pub grub but I'm a big fan of Il Bordello the Italian restaurant very close to where JBG appears to live. Old school simple Italian dishes at reasonable prices and a pretty good house red.
It will be interesting to see what we get on the Murdoch site in terms of restaurants and shops and what knock opn effect that has on the rest of Wapping.

I've not been there but I've heard the portions are large enough to feed a hippo!

Good reports though.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024