Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Armstrong 08:48 - Jun 27 with 8749 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Newcastle are preparing to send him out on a season long loan.

With us needed more fire power, would he be a welcome addition?

Scored a good few for Coventry season before last, but, went on to Barnsley from there last season so has championship experience.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 8:49]
Adam Armstrong on 09:07 - Jun 27 with 7062 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Plenty on hear were very keen to sign him.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Adam Armstrong on 09:08 - Jun 27 with 7053 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, he'd be a very good signing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Adam Armstrong on 09:09 - Jun 27 with 7061 viewsPhilTWTD

I seem to remember being told last summer he was keen to stay in the north so that might rule us out of the running, although I think MM watched him at some point. It had been suggested to me that we wouldn't sign another striker until Pitman has moved on, which is in line with what Mick said yesterday.
Adam Armstrong on 09:14 - Jun 27 with 7003 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Adam Armstrong on 09:09 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

I seem to remember being told last summer he was keen to stay in the north so that might rule us out of the running, although I think MM watched him at some point. It had been suggested to me that we wouldn't sign another striker until Pitman has moved on, which is in line with what Mick said yesterday.

Is Pitman likely to move any time soon so we can find another striker?
Adam Armstrong on 09:18 - Jun 27 with 6990 viewsITFCBlues

Who do you think he's looking to move on? You'd think Pitmans on good money which may make it tricky? Bru will go you'd presume & perhaps Moore?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 9:26]

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Adam Armstrong on 09:22 - Jun 27 with 6947 viewsJohnny_Boy

Watch him head to Brighton or Bournemouth then.
Adam Armstrong on 09:28 - Jun 27 with 6900 viewsKieran_Knows

Adam Armstrong on 09:18 - Jun 27 by ITFCBlues

Who do you think he's looking to move on? You'd think Pitmans on good money which may make it tricky? Bru will go you'd presume & perhaps Moore?

Pitman, Bru and Moore seem the obvious ones to go. Pitman and Bru permanently, with someone covering Moore's wages whilst out on a season loan.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 9:44]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Adam Armstrong on 09:37 - Jun 27 with 6864 viewsCoastalblue

What do you think the thought process was with the Moore signing. Is he here merely as cover and to make up numbers/a last ditch option on the bench or do you feel the management felt that they could make something more out of him?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Armstrong on 09:48 - Jun 27 with 6807 viewsPhilTWTD

Adam Armstrong on 09:18 - Jun 27 by ITFCBlues

Yes, those three are the ones that spring to mind. I heard in May that Pitman and Bru had been told they could find other clubs and then that Kieffer might be allowed to go if someone wanted him a couple of weeks back, although he'll not be on the money the other two would be. Other than that, I don't really see there's too much scope for trimming.
Adam Armstrong on 09:49 - Jun 27 with 6782 viewsPhilTWTD

Adam Armstrong on 09:14 - Jun 27 by Northern_Blue81

Is Pitman likely to move any time soon so we can find another striker?

Think there'll probably be someone in the Championship who will be interested.
Adam Armstrong on 09:52 - Jun 27 with 6766 viewsPhilTWTD

Adam Armstrong on 09:37 - Jun 27 by Coastalblue

What do you think the thought process was with the Moore signing. Is he here merely as cover and to make up numbers/a last ditch option on the bench or do you feel the management felt that they could make something more out of him?

The latter, think he was someone who had drifted down from this level and had been scoring regularly in the National League. Think the idea was to get him in and work on him and that given his height he could prove to be a threat at this level.
Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 09:53 - Jun 27 with 6765 viewsBloots

Adam Armstrong on 09:48 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

Yes, those three are the ones that spring to mind. I heard in May that Pitman and Bru had been told they could find other clubs and then that Kieffer might be allowed to go if someone wanted him a couple of weeks back, although he'll not be on the money the other two would be. Other than that, I don't really see there's too much scope for trimming.

....surely?

Bru will stay in France.

So there you go, I've sorted that issue.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Adam Armstrong on 10:29 - Jun 27 with 6601 viewstextbackup

We had Newcastle on the phone selling them our main striker last season, with no replacement, and nobody thought to ask about getting Armstrong on loan then.... doubt we will try now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:32 - Jun 27 with 6582 viewsPhilTWTD

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 09:53 - Jun 27 by Bloots

....surely?

Bru will stay in France.

So there you go, I've sorted that issue.

It's been suggested to me he'd not be keen to drop to League One but not a bad thought. That's my expectation with Bru, indeed I have my suspicions he might not be back and that his continued presence in France rather than here is to do with him sorting out his future.
Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:38 - Jun 27 with 6531 viewsSwailsey

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:32 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

It's been suggested to me he'd not be keen to drop to League One but not a bad thought. That's my expectation with Bru, indeed I have my suspicions he might not be back and that his continued presence in France rather than here is to do with him sorting out his future.

Do you think there was any sort of falling out with Bru Phil, or was it just due to him not being as effective on the pitch as hoped?

MM seemed very pleased when he offered him the contract extension.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Adam Armstrong on 10:43 - Jun 27 with 6484 viewsKieran_Knows

Adam Armstrong on 10:29 - Jun 27 by textbackup

We had Newcastle on the phone selling them our main striker last season, with no replacement, and nobody thought to ask about getting Armstrong on loan then.... doubt we will try now

To be fair, I think he had already signed for Barnsley by then, but I do get your point (perhaps should have asked for someone else in return).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:43 - Jun 27 with 6487 viewsPhilTWTD

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:38 - Jun 27 by Swailsey

Do you think there was any sort of falling out with Bru Phil, or was it just due to him not being as effective on the pitch as hoped?

Think it's just that he's been here a couple of years now and hasn't established himself as a regular starter. Is probably less likely to be a starter with Huws probably returning, so time to move on.
Adam Armstrong on 10:45 - Jun 27 with 6455 viewsPhilTWTD

Adam Armstrong on 10:43 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

To be fair, I think he had already signed for Barnsley by then, but I do get your point (perhaps should have asked for someone else in return).

And, of course, Armstrong is 5ft 8in tall so not really someone who could play the Murphy role.
Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:46 - Jun 27 with 6438 viewsSwailsey

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:43 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

Think it's just that he's been here a couple of years now and hasn't established himself as a regular starter. Is probably less likely to be a starter with Huws probably returning, so time to move on.

Fair and good to hear.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:47 - Jun 27 with 6430 viewsclive_baker

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:38 - Jun 27 by Swailsey

Hopefully it's more to do with him being one of the least effective footballers I've ever seen wear the badge. Technically he's clearly a good player and has had a top footballing schooling but he's very lightweight and finds it almost impossible to impose himself on a match. He looked completely disinterested last season too, I don't think he was overly happy here and I don't think Mick was probably too happy with him, despite what he said publicly. In his defence I don't think our style or the Championship generally suits him at all, he would be better off in Italy. I'm glad to see him move on.

As for Moore, I would like to think he was a cheap punt that might or might not have worked. For every Mings there are a lot of Moore's / Bajners etc. but that's the way it is. At that price it's worth a go, he could've stepped up and muscled a few defenders, scored a couple of goals and people would be saying what a bargain. He's looked out of his depth from day 1 but you don't know until you try, I don't think Mick / Terry can be knocked for bringing him in but now is the time for him to move on and be replaced with more quality.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Adam Armstrong on 10:51 - Jun 27 with 6396 viewsclive_baker

Adam Armstrong on 10:45 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

And, of course, Armstrong is 5ft 8in tall so not really someone who could play the Murphy role.

I remember watching Armstrong play for England yoofs when he was about 15. He looked completely unplayable, people were dubbing him the next Rooney and I was really excited to see what he was going to be capable of. It's not really worked out for him yet, but I wouldn't mind him coming here. He's a very Mick type player, real live wire.

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:56 - Jun 27 with 6362 viewshype313

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:47 - Jun 27 by clive_baker

Hopefully it's more to do with him being one of the least effective footballers I've ever seen wear the badge. Technically he's clearly a good player and has had a top footballing schooling but he's very lightweight and finds it almost impossible to impose himself on a match. He looked completely disinterested last season too, I don't think he was overly happy here and I don't think Mick was probably too happy with him, despite what he said publicly. In his defence I don't think our style or the Championship generally suits him at all, he would be better off in Italy. I'm glad to see him move on.

As for Moore, I would like to think he was a cheap punt that might or might not have worked. For every Mings there are a lot of Moore's / Bajners etc. but that's the way it is. At that price it's worth a go, he could've stepped up and muscled a few defenders, scored a couple of goals and people would be saying what a bargain. He's looked out of his depth from day 1 but you don't know until you try, I don't think Mick / Terry can be knocked for bringing him in but now is the time for him to move on and be replaced with more quality.

Basically they pushed their luck with trying to find the next Mings and do things on the cheap, can't blame them, but it;s a huge gamble in this division to go unproven.

Which is why we are now seeing some investment in the squad.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:07 - Jun 27 with 6294 viewsPhilTWTD

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 10:56 - Jun 27 by hype313

Basically they pushed their luck with trying to find the next Mings and do things on the cheap, can't blame them, but it;s a huge gamble in this division to go unproven.

Which is why we are now seeing some investment in the squad.

Don't think Moore was of quite the same profile as Mings in that he had been in this division before and his career had drifted a bit. The feeling was he was badly advised over the Norway move and he'd had to drop lower than he should have been playing on his return. He'd been prolific in the National League so was worth another go at this level. Doesn't seem to have done enough, however, so if they've decided he's not going to be up to it time to move on.

Think Town and other clubs will continue to look at non-league, the success of Vardy most notably has rather raised the profile of non-league as somewhere to recruit from.
Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:16 - Jun 27 with 6250 viewsclive_baker

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:07 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

Don't think Moore was of quite the same profile as Mings in that he had been in this division before and his career had drifted a bit. The feeling was he was badly advised over the Norway move and he'd had to drop lower than he should have been playing on his return. He'd been prolific in the National League so was worth another go at this level. Doesn't seem to have done enough, however, so if they've decided he's not going to be up to it time to move on.

Think Town and other clubs will continue to look at non-league, the success of Vardy most notably has rather raised the profile of non-league as somewhere to recruit from.

Although Moore has played at Championship level before, it was only 20 appearances, many off the bench for a pretty pony Yeovil side. Most of his experience was at a significantly lower level than Town throughout his career to date. Arguably Mings' 8 years at Southampton academy is better preparation to step up to a higher level, despite the fact he was at Chippenham when we signed him. Mings looked confident and accomplished from day 1, Moore to me has looked like a rabbit in headlights.

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:18 - Jun 27 with 6237 viewshype313

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:07 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

Don't disagree there Phil, the non league can be a decent breeding ground, but we clearly need s ome established, experienced higher level players in our squad, to enable for any potential non league player to have a chance.

The guy at Leiston had league clubs looking at him and I'm surprised Lawrence hasn't gone higher, although the money being thrown around Bllericay is quite eye watering by all accounts.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024