Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Armstrong 08:48 - Jun 27 with 8745 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Newcastle are preparing to send him out on a season long loan.

With us needed more fire power, would he be a welcome addition?

Scored a good few for Coventry season before last, but, went on to Barnsley from there last season so has championship experience.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 8:49]
Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:22 - Jun 27 with 1568 viewsPhilTWTD

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:18 - Jun 27 by hype313

Don't disagree there Phil, the non league can be a decent breeding ground, but we clearly need s ome established, experienced higher level players in our squad, to enable for any potential non league player to have a chance.

The guy at Leiston had league clubs looking at him and I'm surprised Lawrence hasn't gone higher, although the money being thrown around Bllericay is quite eye watering by all accounts.

Lawrence had a trial at Dagenham last season and I think there were others interested before he joined Billericay. As you say, the money there might be difficult for some teams to match.

I don't disagree with the overall point that we need more seasoned Championship pros but I think it will be worth bringing in players from non-league as some of them do prove themselves capable of playing at this level, Danny Rowe hopefully being one of them.
Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:24 - Jun 27 with 1555 viewsPhilTWTD

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:16 - Jun 27 by clive_baker

Although Moore has played at Championship level before, it was only 20 appearances, many off the bench for a pretty pony Yeovil side. Most of his experience was at a significantly lower level than Town throughout his career to date. Arguably Mings' 8 years at Southampton academy is better preparation to step up to a higher level, despite the fact he was at Chippenham when we signed him. Mings looked confident and accomplished from day 1, Moore to me has looked like a rabbit in headlights.

I think it's been difficult to read too much from Moore's performances as they've all been from the bench and largely when we've not been playing well. He has made an impact in some games but has been less effective in others. I think MM will probably judge more on day to day training.
Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:29 - Jun 27 with 1534 viewsFixed_It

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:24 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

I think it's been difficult to read too much from Moore's performances as they've all been from the bench and largely when we've not been playing well. He has made an impact in some games but has been less effective in others. I think MM will probably judge more on day to day training.

In fairness to MM, it can't be said that he never gave Moore a chance, as he was used from the bench more often than his performances necessarily warranted.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:30 - Jun 27 with 1530 viewsclive_baker

Pitman has to be bound for Portsmouth...... on 11:24 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

I've been far from impressed, although as you say on pretty limited evidence so far.

Agree there are bargains to be had in the non-league / lower leagues. One player I would love to see us sign (League 2, not non league) is Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu of Luton. He's got real quality and I could see him playing at a much higher level.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Adam Armstrong on 11:33 - Jun 27 with 1520 viewstextbackup

Adam Armstrong on 10:45 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

And, of course, Armstrong is 5ft 8in tall so not really someone who could play the Murphy role.

Is joe garner a Murphy replacement?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Adam Armstrong on 11:38 - Jun 27 with 1507 viewsPhilTWTD

Adam Armstrong on 11:33 - Jun 27 by textbackup

Is joe garner a Murphy replacement?

Think he's been brought in for that role, holding the ball up, winning it in the air, running the channels etc.
Adam Armstrong on 13:09 - Jun 27 with 1392 viewstractorboy1978

Adam Armstrong on 09:09 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

I seem to remember being told last summer he was keen to stay in the north so that might rule us out of the running, although I think MM watched him at some point. It had been suggested to me that we wouldn't sign another striker until Pitman has moved on, which is in line with what Mick said yesterday.

Weren't we in for Garner and Ward?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024