Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowspiracy - Netflix 09:19 - Jun 27 with 2427 viewschicoazul

We're ferked.
Watch this and see if you still fancy that burger.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 9:20]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 09:23 - Jun 27 with 2405 viewsStokieBlue

Lab grown burgers are the way forward.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 09:26 - Jun 27 with 2392 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, it's good.

Another decent one is DamNation, on what we do to our rivers in the name of progress and what this does to wildlife, especially migratory fish. It's American, but there are lessons that can be applied everywhere. It's also got a strong positive message as America is waking up to what it's been doing with dams and is now starting to take them down.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 09:32 - Jun 27 with 2366 viewsStokieBlue

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 09:26 - Jun 27 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, it's good.

Another decent one is DamNation, on what we do to our rivers in the name of progress and what this does to wildlife, especially migratory fish. It's American, but there are lessons that can be applied everywhere. It's also got a strong positive message as America is waking up to what it's been doing with dams and is now starting to take them down.

Surely a decision has to be made there about the damage to fish versus the cheap an inexhaustible renewable of hydroelectricity?

SB

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 09:53 - Jun 27 with 2332 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 09:32 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

Surely a decision has to be made there about the damage to fish versus the cheap an inexhaustible renewable of hydroelectricity?

SB

You can do both though. Al lot of the dams in the film are monstrous efforts that have no provision for fish passes. They also silt up over time and some were non-operative. It's been a battle even to get those ones removed apparently.

I don't know what the specific costs:benefits between hydro and a healthy river system, but there is much value to the later: extra diversity, healthy and sustainable fish stock (for food and tourism), less risk of catastrophic loss of life/infrastructure from dam bursts, less erosion risk, greater natural flood defence, etc.

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 10:27 - Jun 27 with 2294 viewsStokieBlue

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 09:53 - Jun 27 by Swansea_Blue

You can do both though. Al lot of the dams in the film are monstrous efforts that have no provision for fish passes. They also silt up over time and some were non-operative. It's been a battle even to get those ones removed apparently.

I don't know what the specific costs:benefits between hydro and a healthy river system, but there is much value to the later: extra diversity, healthy and sustainable fish stock (for food and tourism), less risk of catastrophic loss of life/infrastructure from dam bursts, less erosion risk, greater natural flood defence, etc.

Of course, I'll try and watch it some time.

I was a fan of the Severn Barrage and thought it was ridiculous it wasn't built. One of the reasons was birds nesting there. Maybe I'm harsh but I am sure they could nest slightly further up the coast whilst the UK got 20% of it's total electricity from a completely predictable and renewable energy source.

In the long run that's better for all the wildlife in the country, humans included.

SB

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 10:51 - Jun 27 with 2256 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 10:27 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

Of course, I'll try and watch it some time.

I was a fan of the Severn Barrage and thought it was ridiculous it wasn't built. One of the reasons was birds nesting there. Maybe I'm harsh but I am sure they could nest slightly further up the coast whilst the UK got 20% of it's total electricity from a completely predictable and renewable energy source.

In the long run that's better for all the wildlife in the country, humans included.

SB

I thought the Severn Barrage issue was as much political and financial as much as anything, not that I disagree with the concept. I'm all for renewables as long as they're done sympathetically to the environment. It's bonkers that we're an island but don't extensively use tidal, for example.

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 10:59 - Jun 27 with 2238 viewsStokieBlue

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 10:51 - Jun 27 by Swansea_Blue

I thought the Severn Barrage issue was as much political and financial as much as anything, not that I disagree with the concept. I'm all for renewables as long as they're done sympathetically to the environment. It's bonkers that we're an island but don't extensively use tidal, for example.

20bn spent on the barrage would be money well spent. Lots of jobs, keep the construction of parts within the UK.

Certainly better value than the obscene HS2.

SB

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 11:02 - Jun 27 with 2233 viewsJ2BLUE

Seen it.

Chuck some cheese and bacon on mine. Oh and butter the bun, cheers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 15:40 - Jun 27 with 2142 viewsjeera

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 11:02 - Jun 27 by J2BLUE

Seen it.

Chuck some cheese and bacon on mine. Oh and butter the bun, cheers.

Ketchup or mayo?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 15:59 - Jun 27 with 2122 viewsbluebud

Cowspiracy - Netflix on 09:23 - Jun 27 by StokieBlue

Lab grown burgers are the way forward.

SB

...more political posts
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024