Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? 11:57 - Jun 27 with 2678 viewsMichael11

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet?

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 12:08 - Jun 27 with 2642 viewsJ2BLUE

Yes but I want to know if it's new investment or are we spending the Bart fee in advance? Either way is progress but new investment is clearly much better.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 12:23 - Jun 27 with 2585 viewsMJallday

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 12:08 - Jun 27 by J2BLUE

Yes but I want to know if it's new investment or are we spending the Bart fee in advance? Either way is progress but new investment is clearly much better.

mate that would be a hell of a risky strategy (for any business) and also a departure from how ME has operated in the past. i cant recall him doing that

he's loosened the strings a bit - but for me, the worrying bit is we need 4 or 5 more squad players - so more needs to be done - we are threadbare at the moment - a few injuries will kill our season.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 12:25 - Jun 27 with 2575 viewsReuser_is_God

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 12:08 - Jun 27 by J2BLUE

I think you'll probably find it's the Murphy money.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 12:30 - Jun 27 with 2553 viewsITFC_RM

I go into every season with a renewed sense of optimism. born more out of sheer hope than anything else.

Poll: Will MM spend money this summer?

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 12:44 - Jun 27 with 2529 viewsdirtyboy

Huws and Garner, are, in light of recent seasons, decent additions.

The loss of Webster to injury and inconsistency of McGoldrick have hampered us and certainly the Murphy fiasco was the nail in the coffin.

With Webster and McGoldrick fit, Huws in from the start, Garner hopefully filling at least some of the Murphy void and Celina we place some hope upon, there's reason for a little optimism.

Another £1m or so on a quality addition would be cause for a bit of belief to return.

I'll probably attend first game of season and see how that looks....we'll go from there.....

Always prepared to have my mind changed.
Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 13:08 - Jun 27 with 2471 viewsSimonds92

Has everyone forgotten how terrible we were last season? If huws and Celina go through we have made 3 decent signings no doubt but we had Huws last season and he was a big improvement on our current midfield options but we were still rubbish in games he played. Celina replaces our best outfield player last season and although I think Garner will be a good signing for us I'm not expecting him to be hugely prolific. We definitely need another 5 good signings for me to not just improve the squad but the first team.
Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 13:16 - Jun 27 with 2460 viewsSWGF

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 12:44 - Jun 27 by dirtyboy

Huws and Garner, are, in light of recent seasons, decent additions.

The loss of Webster to injury and inconsistency of McGoldrick have hampered us and certainly the Murphy fiasco was the nail in the coffin.

With Webster and McGoldrick fit, Huws in from the start, Garner hopefully filling at least some of the Murphy void and Celina we place some hope upon, there's reason for a little optimism.

Another £1m or so on a quality addition would be cause for a bit of belief to return.

I'll probably attend first game of season and see how that looks....we'll go from there.....

Always prepared to have my mind changed.

Point of order.

Huws and Garner aren't additions. They're replacements for Huws and Murphy.

We need a lot more quality still.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 13:31 - Jun 27 with 2437 viewsFixed_It

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 13:08 - Jun 27 by Simonds92

Has everyone forgotten how terrible we were last season? If huws and Celina go through we have made 3 decent signings no doubt but we had Huws last season and he was a big improvement on our current midfield options but we were still rubbish in games he played. Celina replaces our best outfield player last season and although I think Garner will be a good signing for us I'm not expecting him to be hugely prolific. We definitely need another 5 good signings for me to not just improve the squad but the first team.

That's not going to happen.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 13:38 - Jun 27 with 2424 viewsDolly2.0

No. My optimism is always pretty high anyway.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

on 13:44 - Jun 27 with 2405 views_

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 14:11 - Jun 27 with 2373 viewsdirtyboy

Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet? on 13:16 - Jun 27 by SWGF

Point of order.

Huws and Garner aren't additions. They're replacements for Huws and Murphy.

We need a lot more quality still.

Agree entirely, but we didn't have a proper striker last season, so based on that, Garner should be viewed as something to be optimistic about.

Huws was good, but he came into a squad devoid of confidence without that bit of quality up front.

Having Webster, McGoldrick, Garner and Huws all on the pitch should be viewed as something to look forward to.

One or two further quality additions would be most welcome, but I understand that our squad does indeed need trimming first.

Let's not forget there are some of the youth team that could be knocking (although I won't hold my breath)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024