Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tristan Nydam 12:54 - Jun 27 with 6244 viewsclive_baker

I've heard good things, how likely are we to see him get involved this season?

If Bishop can get and stay fit he could be like a new signing. Plus Nydam, Dozzell, Huws, Ward, Webster, Rowe, Celina, Kenlock. Some exciting young players potentially, I hope to see a few of them kick on this season. With the experience around them of Bart, Taylor, Chambers, McGoldrick, Garner etc. we could potentially have a side worth watching.

COYB.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tristan Nydam on 13:35 - Jun 27 with 6140 viewsitfcjoe

I heard last year that before injury Mick had stood him up in front of first team squad and told them he is 'his diamond'.

Think he'd have been involved last year if stays fit - him and Doz a great combo as Nydam has serious energy - like Dyer did

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 13:41 - Jun 27 with 6093 views_

Tristan Nydam on 13:35 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

I heard last year that before injury Mick had stood him up in front of first team squad and told them he is 'his diamond'.

Think he'd have been involved last year if stays fit - him and Doz a great combo as Nydam has serious energy - like Dyer did

Tristan Nydam on 13:49 - Jun 27 with 6043 viewsVic

I really hope, and expect, this to be the season that Dozell emerges as a player of real worth. It's a massive season for Bishop as well. If he doesn't kick on then he'll spend his whole carer in div 1 or 2. Nydam pushing through with a few games ready for this time next year would be great, but what would be even better is if he could burst into the scenes like Bishop did, but manage to keep it up.

Other teams have 17 or 18 yr olds that play 20 games a season and show real talent. Used to happen with us in the past, all the way back to the mid 70's - Warky, Burley, Dozzer an, then again with Wright and Dyer and Bramble. It's about time we had another one or two.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

on 13:58 - Jun 27 with 5991 views_

Tristan Nydam on 13:49 - Jun 27 by Vic

I really hope, and expect, this to be the season that Dozell emerges as a player of real worth. It's a massive season for Bishop as well. If he doesn't kick on then he'll spend his whole carer in div 1 or 2. Nydam pushing through with a few games ready for this time next year would be great, but what would be even better is if he could burst into the scenes like Bishop did, but manage to keep it up.

Other teams have 17 or 18 yr olds that play 20 games a season and show real talent. Used to happen with us in the past, all the way back to the mid 70's - Warky, Burley, Dozzer an, then again with Wright and Dyer and Bramble. It's about time we had another one or two.

Tristan Nydam on 13:59 - Jun 27 with 5979 viewsTIB

I don't know much about this lad...but would we be looking at McGinn, Tunicliffe, Adeyemi etc if Mick believed the likes of Bishop, Dozzell and Nydam would be featuring regularly this season?

Either way, it's good to hear of a talented youth coming through

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Tristan Nydam on 14:00 - Jun 27 with 5972 viewsitfcjoe

Tristan Nydam on 13:49 - Jun 27 by Vic

"Other teams have 17 or 18 yr olds that play 20 games a season and show real talent"

That really isn't the case any more

Tristan Nydam on 14:01 - Jun 27 with 5950 viewsVic

on 13:58 - Jun 27 by _

True! Why is that? Too hard to get them off their phones for long enough?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

on 14:01 - Jun 27 with 5952 views_

Tristan Nydam on 13:59 - Jun 27 by TIB

I don't know much about this lad...but would we be looking at McGinn, Tunicliffe, Adeyemi etc if Mick believed the likes of Bishop, Dozzell and Nydam would be featuring regularly this season?

Either way, it's good to hear of a talented youth coming through

Login to get fewer ads

Tristan Nydam on 14:05 - Jun 27 with 5915 viewsDanTheMan

Tristan Nydam on 14:01 - Jun 27 by Vic

Because unless they are incredibly good, there is not enough reward for doing it. You won't be as competitive with a very young player in the team, and the division is incredibly competitive. Everyone is trying to squeeze that extra 10% out of them.

And we do it better than most, as hard as that is to believe.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tristan Nydam on 14:06 - Jun 27 with 5900 viewsCoastalblue

May be more to do with how physically demanding the game is now, the players are true athletes compared to past eras when drinking and smoking was often the norm.

One of the last youngsters we had come through in that way must have been Wickham? He was a big physical specimen.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

on 14:07 - Jun 27 with 5894 views_

Tristan Nydam on 14:12 - Jun 27 with 5864 viewsGuthrum

on 13:41 - Jun 27 by _

I really hope his mentality/attitude can stay strong and well-grounded during the process of transition to the first team. Seems to be a particular danger..

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

on 14:14 - Jun 27 with 5838 views_

Tristan Nydam on 14:12 - Jun 27 by Guthrum

I really hope his mentality/attitude can stay strong and well-grounded during the process of transition to the first team. Seems to be a particular danger..

Tristan Nydam on 15:41 - Jun 27 with 5646 viewsSwailsey

on 14:14 - Jun 27 by _

I'm guessing because of the number of young players who go off the rails/have questionable attitude problems/find the pressure hard to deal with after breaking through.

Jet, Bishop, Sonny Pike, Benyu, O'Conner, Morrison, Adu, B.Clarke v2, Logan, that 15 year old lad from Barnsley etc.

* not suggesting all of the above have attitude problems, but they have all struggled with certain issues.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 16:42]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

on 15:49 - Jun 27 with 5594 views_

Tristan Nydam on 15:41 - Jun 27 by Swailsey

I'm guessing because of the number of young players who go off the rails/have questionable attitude problems/find the pressure hard to deal with after breaking through.

Jet, Bishop, Sonny Pike, Benyu, O'Conner, Morrison, Adu, B.Clarke v2, Logan, that 15 year old lad from Barnsley etc.

* not suggesting all of the above have attitude problems, but they have all struggled with certain issues.

Tristan Nydam on 16:50 - Jun 27 with 5494 viewsKieran_Knows

Tristan Nydam on 14:00 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

"Other teams have 17 or 18 yr olds that play 20 games a season and show real talent"

I mean, it's not like you have the stats to back that up, do you Joe......?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tristan Nydam on 19:05 - Jun 27 with 5290 viewsGuthrum

Tristan Nydam on 15:41 - Jun 27 by Swailsey

Yes, that is exactly what I was alluding to. Making the step up seems to come with a particular set of stresses, temptations and challenges. The late teens is not necessarily the easiest phase of life anyway, now suddenly they are presented with vast prospects and serious income - plus intense pressure and scrutiny.

Not everybody is able to keep a grip under those circumstances and, of course, if a player's concentration and/or fitness falters, at this level they will quickly find themselves falling away, out of the manager's plans. Seasons slip by and all too soon they end up in the category of "not having fulfilled their potential".

I'm making a generic point, not specifically saying anything about Nydam and his level-headedness.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tristan Nydam on 19:36 - Jun 27 with 5216 viewsclive_baker

Tristan Nydam on 14:00 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

I don't think anyone can expect anything like 20 games a season. If Nydam gets on the bench 5 times and the field once or twice, perhaps in the cup that's real progress. If I was Dozzell I would be targeting 10 appearances and pushing for that, it's a healthy ambition IMO. Bishop should be targeting getting fit and establishing himself in the side, as should Webster. Kenlock should have ambitions to be first choice at left back ahead of Knudsen. Huws and Ward should be looking to kick on and improve on last season, establishing themselves as firm fixtures in the midfield.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tristan Nydam on 20:00 - Jun 27 with 5171 viewsCrock

on 15:49 - Jun 27 by _

Deisler suffered with depression and was also injured a lot.

Poll: Favourite number?

Tristan Nydam on 20:10 - Jun 27 with 5150 viewsMullet

Tristan Nydam on 19:36 - Jun 27 by clive_baker

I don't think anyone can expect anything like 20 games a season. If Nydam gets on the bench 5 times and the field once or twice, perhaps in the cup that's real progress. If I was Dozzell I would be targeting 10 appearances and pushing for that, it's a healthy ambition IMO. Bishop should be targeting getting fit and establishing himself in the side, as should Webster. Kenlock should have ambitions to be first choice at left back ahead of Knudsen. Huws and Ward should be looking to kick on and improve on last season, establishing themselves as firm fixtures in the midfield.

I wouldn't be against Dozzell starting the season on loan and getting lots of first team games in ready to step up. Last year was such the wrong season for him, the side was all wrong and he suffered for it.

If the U23's can't give him the right challenge, then a short stint away to come in with some experience and momentum might be just what he needs.

It's really Bishop and Hyam that should be fighting for berths in the squad this season, if we get Huws and McGinn/another I'd like to see the kids who didn't quite cut it last season given regular matches as we seem to be doing with Emmanuel.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

on 20:36 - Jun 27 with 5066 views_

Tristan Nydam on 20:00 - Jun 27 by Crock

Deisler suffered with depression and was also injured a lot.

Tristan Nydam on 20:56 - Jun 27 with 5021 viewsitfcjoe

Tristan Nydam on 19:36 - Jun 27 by clive_baker

Sounds about right. The key is taking your chance when you get an opportunity- Bishop did it previously, I think Kenlock did it last year.

Neither Emmanuel or Dozzell have done as yet but both have time on their side

Tristan Nydam on 20:58 - Jun 27 with 5011 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieron's a bit of a fan, sees him as his protege. He thought he'd make his debut before the end of the season, which he might have done but for injuries.

'Tristan Dyer' to Make First-Team Breakthrough This Season 25th Jan 2017 10:51
Kieron Dyer expects 17-year-old midfielder Tristan Nydam - or Tristan Dyer, as he jokingly refers to him - to make his Town first-team debut before the end of the season. 40

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024