Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line 14:27 - Jun 27 with 9052 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Would this be the first time by the end of June where we have sorted the main deals out early in the summer?

New striker on a permanent? Sorted
Huws or his replacement as box to box midfielder? Sorted
Creative winger to replace Lawrence? Sorted

With a long time to go of the transfer window, I'm very happy with our business so far. Roll on the new season

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:35 - Jun 27 with 7533 viewshomer_123

Still like to see a further central midfielder come in (esp. given Bish's apparent loss of form).

We'll also need a keeper as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:36 - Jun 27 with 7526 viewsWestover

The Hews story on the front page has been taken off only hope that's not a sign of something going wrong.
Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:38 - Jun 27 with 7509 viewsLankHenners

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:36 - Jun 27 by Westover

The Hews story on the front page has been taken off only hope that's not a sign of something going wrong.

No it hasn't.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:39 - Jun 27 with 7503 viewsGuthrum

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:36 - Jun 27 by Westover

It hasn't been taken off, is now merely not the top item, thus has dropped down the page.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 14:39]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:39 - Jun 27 with 7498 viewshomer_123

Only a sign of your ability to look ;)

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:40 - Jun 27 with 7493 viewsPJH

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:39 - Jun 27 by homer_123

Only a sign of your ability to look ;)

and spell?
on 14:42 - Jun 27 with 7477 views_

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 7449 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 14:42 - Jun 27 by _

The Fraser replacement in Lawrence wasn't sorted til deadline day

And Spence was brought back after not getting a contract after his trial

Login to get fewer ads

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:52 - Jun 27 with 7392 viewsKieran_Knows

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:35 - Jun 27 by homer_123

Still like to see a further central midfielder come in (esp. given Bish's apparent loss of form).

We'll also need a keeper as well.

I think it's clear we're after a couple of centre mids (Huws +1 other), given the amount of links. Wouldn't surprise me if we got Adeyemi too.

I still don't think Bart will go either.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 16:41]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 14:57 - Jun 27 with 7366 views_

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:45 - Jun 27 by The_Romford_Blue

The Fraser replacement in Lawrence wasn't sorted til deadline day

And Spence was brought back after not getting a contract after his trial

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:58 - Jun 27 with 7363 viewshomer_123

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:52 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

I think it's clear we're after a couple of centre mids (Huws +1 other), given the amount of links. Wouldn't surprise me if we got Adeyemi too.

I still don't think Bart will go either.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 16:41]

I will be shocked if Bart doesn't go (delighted but shocked).

on 14:58 - Jun 27 with 7361 views_

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:58 - Jun 27 by homer_123

I will be shocked if Bart doesn't go (delighted but shocked).

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:01 - Jun 27 with 7341 viewshype313

on 14:58 - Jun 27 by _

Money talks.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:02 - Jun 27 with 7339 viewsLuk38644

While it's nice to see us get deals done earlier than usual, I do think we still need 3 or 4 signings on top of Celina, Huws and Garner.

I'd say we need a traditional target-man striker with plenty of physicality about them, something we currently don't have.

We also need another central midfielder of quality because beyond Skuse, Huws and Hyam, we don't have any midfielders who have played a substantial amount of games at this level. Adeyemi would be a superb addition.

I think we could also do with another left-winger to back up Celina as it will be alot to ask Celina to play 46 games in his first Championship season. Kightly would fit that role but anybody willing to take on a full-back is welcome, someone in the mould of Fraser or Rowe. Speaking of Rowe, I really hope he kicks on next season, looks a decent prospect!

Lastly, I'd like us to get decent backup at CB. Taylor could be that if he can stay fit and is on a pay-as-you-play deal, but we need to be able to switch to three-at-the-back and have capable backup on the bench or if someone gets injured.

I'd also be tempted to look at another right-back if Emmanuel is going to go out on loan. Someone who could really push Spence wouldn't go a miss and it would also rule out any chance of Chambers returning to RB.
on 15:10 - Jun 27 with 7302 views_

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:01 - Jun 27 by hype313

Money talks.

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:16 - Jun 27 with 7274 viewshomer_123

on 14:58 - Jun 27 by _

Context for you Libs.

2 Clubs were in for Gerks in the January (one Club Gerks was desperate to move to as it was guarenteed first team football). Town rebuffed both offers and have subsequently offered new terms to Gerks, which he has signed.

Now, Bart as 1 and Gerks as 2 is as strong a two goalkeepers as any in this division, arguably stronger than we really need.

You then factor in that Bart is really our only sell-able asset (irrespective of whether he wants to stay or go - he does love it here but he also wants to play at as high a level possible inc. international).

Recently we have been selling our assets to allow Mick room for manouvre in terms of transfer fees and wages. In fact, we have a situation at the moment where Mick has stated that we can't do too many more before 1 or 2 move on.

So, the likelihood of Bart being sold is very high, given history is extremely likely. However, it maybe that Evans is feeling bullish at the moment and we'll see offers rebuffed as we did for Didz and Murphs way back when...although this would appear very unlikely.

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:20 - Jun 27 with 7243 viewshype313

on 15:10 - Jun 27 by _

I know that, you know that but football is a short career, so if he got the opportunity to double or triple his salary then he would be mad not to. He can always come back, in fact if he got a club in the South East he might not have to even uproot his family.

My in laws are his Neighbours at Mill Heath and his wife loves it round here but from convo's they have had (not me) it's all about maximizing his career, but ideally staying in the area.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 15:20 - Jun 27 with 7235 views_

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:16 - Jun 27 by homer_123

Context for you Libs.

2 Clubs were in for Gerks in the January (one Club Gerks was desperate to move to as it was guarenteed first team football). Town rebuffed both offers and have subsequently offered new terms to Gerks, which he has signed.

Now, Bart as 1 and Gerks as 2 is as strong a two goalkeepers as any in this division, arguably stronger than we really need.

You then factor in that Bart is really our only sell-able asset (irrespective of whether he wants to stay or go - he does love it here but he also wants to play at as high a level possible inc. international).

Recently we have been selling our assets to allow Mick room for manouvre in terms of transfer fees and wages. In fact, we have a situation at the moment where Mick has stated that we can't do too many more before 1 or 2 move on.

So, the likelihood of Bart being sold is very high, given history is extremely likely. However, it maybe that Evans is feeling bullish at the moment and we'll see offers rebuffed as we did for Didz and Murphs way back when...although this would appear very unlikely.

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:30 - Jun 27 with 7184 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 15:20 - Jun 27 by _

I can't see us getting 1.5m for any of Dozza, Emmanuel, Kenlock or Bish

Not yet

Nydam we wouldn't even get 1m for ATM

on 15:32 - Jun 27 with 7171 views_

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:30 - Jun 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I can't see us getting 1.5m for any of Dozza, Emmanuel, Kenlock or Bish

Not yet

Nydam we wouldn't even get 1m for ATM

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:35 - Jun 27 with 7155 viewsRoyKeanesDog

I think Mick said Pitman can leave on a free?

Poll: Best Football Song

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:37 - Jun 27 with 7144 viewshomer_123

I hope I am surprised Libs. I like Bart - excellent at this level but, as I say, I'd be very surprised if he is.

Barts would be significantly more than £1.5m, and no one you've listed below would command even close to that - this is what I meant by sellable. Easy to sell players cheaply (I'd argue that 1.5m for the likes of Dozy and Nydam would be Rhodes esq on our part but I doubt anyone would be much over 1.5m).

on 15:38 - Jun 27 with 7136 views_

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:35 - Jun 27 by RoyKeanesDog

I think Mick said Pitman can leave on a free?

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 15:40 - Jun 27 with 7131 viewsNazemariner

Huws is not a done deal just yet, but if we manage not to balls it up I will more than happy with business to date. Definitely need one, if not two further additions to the midfield. And another centre forward would be welcomed.
Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 16:18 - Jun 27 with 7038 viewsWestover

Assuming we get the Celina and Huws deals over the line on 14:38 - Jun 27 by LankHenners

No it hasn't.

Whoops must have had a senior moment 😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024