Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting 14:37 - Jun 27 with 3580 viewsbluelagos

out of the 15 files they are considering, from the Operation Resolve criminal inquiry. As well as individual SYP, the corporate bodies of SWFC, Sheffield Council, the FA and the SW club engineers are all possibly facing prosecutions.

The tests (attached below) include both an evidential test and a "Public interest test". Having read the public interest test in the attached, I am struggling to see how any cases could be dropped on that basis, but we will see.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/docs/code_2013_accessible_english.pdf

As of tomorrow, once announced, (assuming even 1 prosecution) will mean all discussions are off limits as they could prejudice any trials.

Further announcements at a later date will relate to the police instigated cover up of the truth / perverting the course of justice investigations from the IPCC.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 14:40 - Jun 27 with 3564 viewsbluelagos

So after the announcements, we will all be gagged from discussing the cases of those being prosecuted.

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 14:55 - Jun 27 with 3510 viewsconnorscontract

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 14:40 - Jun 27 by bluelagos

So after the announcements, we will all be gagged from discussing the cases of those being prosecuted.

Here's hoping...

I really hope the FA don't get away with this. They were the promoters of the event and they chose the venue in spite of previous history.

The question should be where you draw the line for Police Officers, not whether any are prosecuted or not.

All the best to you and your friends with this: let's hope this can be another significant move forwards for you all.
This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 15:12 - Jun 27 with 3463 viewsbluelagos

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 14:55 - Jun 27 by connorscontract

Here's hoping...

I really hope the FA don't get away with this. They were the promoters of the event and they chose the venue in spite of previous history.

The question should be where you draw the line for Police Officers, not whether any are prosecuted or not.

All the best to you and your friends with this: let's hope this can be another significant move forwards for you all.

The FA got off scot free from the inquests. Whilst all 14 questions went the way of campaigners, there was no question at all on the FA. The Ambulance service, Sheffield Council and the clubs engineers all took criticism but the coroner chose not to ask anything at all on the FA.

But like you say, they chose to stage their semi Final at a stadium that didn't have a safety certificate and they were well aware of the issues in 1981 as they stopped using the ground at the time.

So the FA are considered by many to be the "one that got away" in terms of findings at the inquests. Whether the police / CPS have the balls to prosecute them, we'll find out tomorrow...

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 15:22 - Jun 27 with 3437 viewsbluelagos

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 14:55 - Jun 27 by connorscontract

Here's hoping...

Op Resolve and the IPCC have already drawn a line, there are only 15 files with the CPS for the killings, 8 from the IPCC for the cover up.

Given that the number of police standing around doing sfa whilst people were brought past them on stretchers was in the 100s, evidently most of those will not be charged with anything. Also, the number of SYP who allowed their statements (as part of the cover up) to be changed was in the 100s. So again, the majority of middle/junior ranking SYP have already been effectively granted immunity from prosecution by the IPCC decision to only consider prosecutions against the "decision makers".

There is to be a final report, post prosecutions, where I think a number of the police will be identified - those who would have faced internal discipline but for their early retirements which meant this was not possible.

So for example the copper who threatened me and changed my statement to add phrases such as "I saw 50% of fans drinking" is very unlikely to be prosecuted, but is likely to be named as having a "case to answer" but for his retirement.

Very unsatisfactory at many levels, but there you go.

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 16:03 - Jun 27 with 3364 viewsconnorscontract

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 15:22 - Jun 27 by bluelagos

Op Resolve and the IPCC have already drawn a line, there are only 15 files with the CPS for the killings, 8 from the IPCC for the cover up.

Given that the number of police standing around doing sfa whilst people were brought past them on stretchers was in the 100s, evidently most of those will not be charged with anything. Also, the number of SYP who allowed their statements (as part of the cover up) to be changed was in the 100s. So again, the majority of middle/junior ranking SYP have already been effectively granted immunity from prosecution by the IPCC decision to only consider prosecutions against the "decision makers".

There is to be a final report, post prosecutions, where I think a number of the police will be identified - those who would have faced internal discipline but for their early retirements which meant this was not possible.

So for example the copper who threatened me and changed my statement to add phrases such as "I saw 50% of fans drinking" is very unlikely to be prosecuted, but is likely to be named as having a "case to answer" but for his retirement.

Very unsatisfactory at many levels, but there you go.

Would the Families group consider Private prosecutions?

A case where an individual can be identified intimidating a witness and changing their statement would be an interesting test...
This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 16:15 - Jun 27 with 3352 viewsbluelagos

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 16:03 - Jun 27 by connorscontract

Would the Families group consider Private prosecutions?

A case where an individual can be identified intimidating a witness and changing their statement would be an interesting test...

There has been some talk around this, especially with regards to the lack of prosecutions over the cover up. The issue is a nuanced one, not least as there are 2 different groups.

The HJC are much more militant, but have no financial clout and any private prosecutions would need to be funded. The HFSG are much less likely to go down that route (imho).

So I think unless there is a complete whitewash tomorrow (which is possible) private prosecutions would be unlikely. But not impossible...

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 09:39 - Jun 28 with 3186 viewsSwansea_Blue

What do we reckon then, unofficial TWTD sweepstake?

I'm going for a minor sacrificial lamb, but nothing of any significance.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 10:13 - Jun 28 with 3148 viewsbluelagos

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 09:39 - Jun 28 by Swansea_Blue

What do we reckon then, unofficial TWTD sweepstake?

I'm going for a minor sacrificial lamb, but nothing of any significance.

DD is banged to rights imho. I'd be amazed if there's not H&S charges for SWFC, the FA, and Sheffield Council.

Login to get fewer ads

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 10:55 - Jun 28 with 3092 viewsSamuelowen88

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 10:13 - Jun 28 by bluelagos

DD is banged to rights imho. I'd be amazed if there's not H&S charges for SWFC, the FA, and Sheffield Council.

11:00 apparently, relatives to be told in a meeting.

Poll: England v Wales Score

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 11:00 - Jun 28 with 3080 viewsPJH

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 10:55 - Jun 28 by Samuelowen88

11:00 apparently, relatives to be told in a meeting.

and public at 1130 according to SKY.
This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 11:22 - Jun 28 with 3051 viewsCaptainObvious

[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 11:23]

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 11:31 - Jun 28 with 3028 viewsSwansea_Blue

This time tomorrow we'll know who the CPS are prosecuting on 11:22 - Jun 28 by CaptainObvious

[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 11:23]

SYP taking the brunt then. Nothing for the FA or Council. Still, more than I was expecting tbf.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024