Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever the CPS decide today 07:08 - Jun 28 with 8472 viewsbluelagos

No one's going anywhere. The SYP had one thing right, we are a bunch of trouble makers. :-)

Tick tock, tick tock..

http://ahillsboroughsurvivor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/a-good-days-work.html

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Whatever the CPS decide today on 07:33 - Jun 28 with 7072 viewsitfcjoe

I saw in a bookshop on Sunday that Bettison has a book out about this, how does he attempt to defend it?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Whatever the CPS decide today on 07:48 - Jun 28 with 7037 viewsLord_Lucan

He should have not accepted the caution. You can't be charged for verbally abusing a policeman, they are not technically members of the public.

Edit; just seen no caution was offered, should have gone not guilty.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 7:59]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:05 - Jun 28 with 7007 viewsbluelagos

Whatever the CPS decide today on 07:48 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

He should have not accepted the caution. You can't be charged for verbally abusing a policeman, they are not technically members of the public.

Edit; just seen no caution was offered, should have gone not guilty.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 7:59]

You know that's me right?

Yeah, if I had my time again, I'd plead not guilty on the grounds that calling that particular SYP "Scum" was a statement of fact :-)

Rubbish legal advise for sure.

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:10 - Jun 28 with 6989 viewsbluelagos

Whatever the CPS decide today on 07:33 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

I saw in a bookshop on Sunday that Bettison has a book out about this, how does he attempt to defend it?!

Reading his book one things comes out clearly, his narcissism. It was described in one review along the lines of "a long love letter to himself"

The book (I've read it - not paid for it) is a pretty poor account of things, pretty much just his attempt to clear his name.

Sadly for him, it is clear he was central to the cover up - as evidenced by the fact that his summing of the events (for Taylor) didn't mention the "Freeman tactic" (The tactic of closing the gate to the tunnel once the central pens were full)

So he was either utterly incompetent in missing out one of the key facts to the Taylor report, or bent.

Take your pick, neither is a good legacy for Sir Norman :-)

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:13 - Jun 28 with 6978 viewsLord_Lucan

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:05 - Jun 28 by bluelagos

You know that's me right?

Yeah, if I had my time again, I'd plead not guilty on the grounds that calling that particular SYP "Scum" was a statement of fact :-)

Rubbish legal advise for sure.

I did after I posted.

Basically you can walk up to a policeman and call him a c"nt without risk of getting arrested.

Much more effective than a stress ball.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:17 - Jun 28 with 6969 viewsbluelagos

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:13 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

I did after I posted.

Basically you can walk up to a policeman and call him a c"nt without risk of getting arrested.

Are you sure? I know that using "industrial language" is not a problem (after a failed prosecution) but am not so sure you can actually abuse a copper?

The legal advise I had, was that by shouting abuse at the police, a little old lady (who could've have been there) could have been alarmed by my behaviour. Therefore, I'd be found guilty.

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:17 - Jun 28 with 6970 viewscharlie1

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:13 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

I did after I posted.

A whoosh surely?

From everything your life experience tells you about law enforcement in the U.K. do you genuinely believe that there wouldn't be a consequence?
Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:20 - Jun 28 with 6964 viewsBurwell_Blue

So when people are banged up, will it then be time for people to move on?
Login to get fewer ads

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:22 - Jun 28 with 6948 viewsbluelagos

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:17 - Jun 28 by charlie1

A whoosh surely?

From everything your life experience tells you about law enforcement in the U.K. do you genuinely believe that there wouldn't be a consequence?

We need to get a volunteer to test it out. RKD going up to Sheffield any time soon? :-)

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:22 - Jun 28 with 6945 viewsLord_Lucan

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:17 - Jun 28 by charlie1

A whoosh surely?

Tis the truth.

Definite info, the only way they can charge you is if they can prove that your actions caused a nearby member of the public harassment, alarm or distress

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:34 - Jun 28 with 6896 viewsbluelagos

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:20 - Jun 28 by Burwell_Blue

So when people are banged up, will it then be time for people to move on?

A very personal question (to each individual)

I know speaking for myself in the past 28 years I have lived and worked in 4 countries, visited nearly 40 others, been to 4 World Cups, 3 European Championships, 2 Ashes tours, 2 Lions tours and a Rugby World Cup. Have also toured the Alps half a dozen times on my bike. Rode over the Andes too. Caught a hippy bus from Nairobi to Cape Town and another from Lima to Buenos Aires.

Time to move on? If by that you mean "getting on with your life" I'd suggest I (and many others) have done exactly that, in spades :-)

Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:03 - Jun 28 with 6773 viewsBurwell_Blue

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:34 - Jun 28 by bluelagos

I know speaking for myself in the past 28 years I have lived and worked in 4 countries, visited nearly 40 others, been to 4 World Cups, 3 European Championships, 2 Ashes tours, 2 Lions tours and a Rugby World Cup. Have also toured the Alps half a dozen times on my bike. Rode over the Andes too. Caught a hippy bus from Nairobi to Cape Town and another from Lima to Buenos Aires.

Time to move on? If by that you mean "getting on with your life" I'd suggest I (and many others) have done exactly that, in spades :-)

Let it go then.
Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:15 - Jun 28 with 6737 viewsPJH

and on top of all that you have met some TWTDers.
Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:20 - Jun 28 with 6716 viewsTractorWood

Good riposte. Shame all the world cup's coming up are non starters.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:23 - Jun 28 with 6702 viewsbluelagos

Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:03 - Jun 28 by Burwell_Blue

Let it go then.

Think you need to consider the reason why many continue to fight. It's the lack of justice you should focus on, rather than those seeking to address that, imho.

Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:26 - Jun 28 with 6678 viewsbluelagos

Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:15 - Jun 28 by PJH

and on top of all that you have met some TWTDers.

Yeah, right up there that is :-)

Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:39 - Jun 28 with 6626 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:03 - Jun 28 by Burwell_Blue

Let it go then.

Oh do be quiet. You should be bloody grateful that lagos and the other survivors DIDN'T just 'shut up' and meekly accept a disgusting 27 year smear campaign and miscarriage of justice, and if you can't see that then you are part of the problem.
Whatever the CPS decide today on 13:06 - Jun 28 with 6551 viewsBurwell_Blue

Whatever the CPS decide today on 12:39 - Jun 28 by BlueLikeJazz

Oh do be quiet. You should be bloody grateful that lagos and the other survivors DIDN'T just 'shut up' and meekly accept a disgusting 27 year smear campaign and miscarriage of justice, and if you can't see that then you are part of the problem.

Its not going to bring anyone back and it was a terrible accident with no malice by anyone on the day.

After that self preservation kicked in. Natural.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 13:06]
Whatever the CPS decide today on 13:12 - Jun 28 with 6511 viewsbluelagos

Whatever the CPS decide today on 13:06 - Jun 28 by Burwell_Blue

Its not going to bring anyone back and it was a terrible accident with no malice by anyone on the day.

Accident? Seems the CPS don't think so, or they wouldn't be charging Duckenfield with Manslaughter.

You need to catch up pal, the line that it was just an accident was thoroughly debunked by the jury at the inquests.

Whatever the CPS decide today on 13:44 - Jun 28 with 6448 viewsBlueLikeJazz

A disaster that was entirely avoidable followed by a 27-year coverup and attempt to smear bereaved and traumatised people is 'natural'?

Christ.

Whatever the CPS decide today on 17:33 - Jun 28 with 6361 viewsBergholtBru

It`s a pity they can`t charge "The Sun" as well, for their obnoxious coverage of the tragedy!!

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Whatever the CPS decide today on 18:23 - Jun 28 with 6325 viewsBLUEGOLD

I think you need to do some research before posting about this ever again.
Whatever the CPS decide today on 19:21 - Jun 28 with 6257 viewsconnorscontract

Fck off you poisonous trolly cnt.
Whatever the CPS decide today on 20:58 - Jun 28 with 6204 viewscharlie1

Whatever the CPS decide today on 08:22 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

Tis the truth.

Definite info, the only way they can charge you is if they can prove that your actions caused a nearby member of the public harassment, alarm or distress

Sorry mate, but the police don't need to prove anybody was actually offended, just that they were 'likely' to have been.
If you can abuse a copper in a (public) vacuum or field miles from any people or houses go your hardest. If the police can show that there were people nearby (token women and children are always preferable) who were 'likely' to have been offended by your language, you'll get done.
They don't have to name or identify them, just cite their presence and reaction to your language (crossed road/recoiled in horror/frowned/shook head). Even a deserted public street with lights coming on in nearby houses is enough to prove persons were 'present'.
So whilst a police officer cannot individually be offended, 99.9% of the time you'd hit the cells for calling one a c*nt.

Just trying to stop you getting yourself in the mire by trying it out.
Whatever the CPS decide today on 05:11 - Jun 29 with 6129 viewsRyorry

From what I've read, I'd have thought it should go a lot higher than Duckenfield - to those responsible for putting him in charge of the match, despite him having no previous experience of policing a football match, and I believe never having even been inside the stadium before.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/hillsborough-disaster-david-duckenfield-others

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024