Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah 09:04 - Jun 28 with 32881 viewsSteve_M

Worth a read.

"[H}is growing ranks of cheerleaders wish to simply see what they want to see, project what they want onto him, and contort all fact and reason to pretend that there are no questions, no downsides - and that anyone who raises those questions, or points out those downsides, is part of the cabal of dark forces out to bring down the messiah"

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2017/06/27/jeremy-corbyn-is-a-politic

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:35 - Jun 28 with 5341 viewsDubtractor

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:34 - Jun 28 by WD19

I'm pretty sure that the comments of a lots of people on this message board are not very relevant.

Well there you go!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:40 - Jun 28 with 5324 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:35 - Jun 28 by Dubtractor

Well there you go!

This made me chuckle when I saw it.

It reminded me of the People's Front of Judea from the Life of Brian.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:45 - Jun 28 with 5314 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 11:52 - Jun 28 by clive_baker

I actually find it quite worrying the levels of blind faith so many people have in Corbyn, the guy can do no wrong according to some. At least most Tory voters I've spoken to seemingly were minded to vote with a 'best of a bad bunch' mentality and recognise limitations and criticism of their party and leader. Balance is vital.

The labour party is no longer a political institution, it's a cult.

Given that many in the party were trying to stab him in the back just a few weeks ago, it's remarkable (now) that "the labour party is no longer a political institution, it's a cult."

Or you're over exaggerating.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:47 - Jun 28 with 5305 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 12:04 - Jun 28 by StokieBlue

Surely it was his opinion and because it was against JC you've shouted him down and sworn.

Wouldn't you say that pretty much proves the point of the article?

SB

So no-one's allowed to take the opposite view to the article then, or they're just swept up in a cult?!?

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:54 - Jun 28 with 5293 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 12:05 - Jun 28 by Steve_M

Yes, exactly the sort of reasons I posted it. The next election will be interesting as a lot voted Labour because they thought Corbyn had no chance of becoming PM, thus the inconsistencies of Labour's position could either be ignored, consciously or unconsciously.

Against that the Tories are highly likely to make a mess of Brexit negotiations because they a) don't really know what they want and b) what they do know they want is pretty much impossible.

I don't think Momentum/McDonnell/Milne see Starmer as a successor to Corbyn. That's not where they want to take the party or indeed are taking the party. A sensible party would try to encompass both but the left sees a chance for an ideological remake.

"a lot voted Labour because they thought Corbyn had no chance of becoming PM."

Have you got any figures to back this up?

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:55 - Jun 28 with 5288 viewsCoastalblue

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:40 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

This made me chuckle when I saw it.

It reminded me of the People's Front of Judea from the Life of Brian.

I think you mean the Judean People's front?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:57 - Jun 28 with 5287 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 12:21 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

Wow, you really are obsessed. It's quite flattering but you're not my type and too old.

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:59 - Jun 28 with 5280 viewsStokieBlue

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:47 - Jun 28 by Dolly2.0

So no-one's allowed to take the opposite view to the article then, or they're just swept up in a cult?!?

Where have I said that? It's fine to take the opposite view.

To shout down someone and say it's a naughty word is re-enforcing the article.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:00 - Jun 28 with 5276 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:13 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

One of them on here compared voting Tory at last month's election to supporting the IRA when they were murdering British civilians.

That is how low the bar is now set on political debate.

Talk us through that highbrow Corbyn smear campaign again?

I liked the scruffy tie one.

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:01 - Jun 28 with 5268 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:27 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

I'm talking about the sad fanboys on here.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 13:27]

Self awareness failure klaxon.

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:05 - Jun 28 with 5251 viewsVic

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 11:58 - Jun 28 by monytowbray

Yeah but the right need something to clutch at.

You need to step outside of the bubble and look at the way some are presenting Corbyn. You are not immune from it yourself! I don't hear much critical, balanced thinking coming from Callis Corner these days. He's offering the world to people, its like 'you want it? Yep, I'll give it to you, and I'll make the rich pay so it's free to you'. Wonderful, messianic, end of troubles claims.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:08 - Jun 28 with 5233 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:59 - Jun 28 by StokieBlue

Where have I said that? It's fine to take the opposite view.

To shout down someone and say it's a naughty word is re-enforcing the article.

SB

Depends what you call, "shouting someone down" and what you call "taking the opposite view."

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:11 - Jun 28 with 5218 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:05 - Jun 28 by Vic

You need to step outside of the bubble and look at the way some are presenting Corbyn. You are not immune from it yourself! I don't hear much critical, balanced thinking coming from Callis Corner these days. He's offering the world to people, its like 'you want it? Yep, I'll give it to you, and I'll make the rich pay so it's free to you'. Wonderful, messianic, end of troubles claims.

You don't seem to realise you're doing the complete opposite.

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:13 - Jun 28 with 5206 viewsStokieBlue

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:08 - Jun 28 by Dolly2.0

Depends what you call, "shouting someone down" and what you call "taking the opposite view."

Why don't you go look at the post in question? It's was rude, it wasn't taking an opposite view.

You're just arguing for the sake of it now, it's a bit weird.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:15 - Jun 28 with 5199 viewsVic

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:11 - Jun 28 by Dolly2.0

You don't seem to realise you're doing the complete opposite.

Not sure I understand what you mean.

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:17 - Jun 28 with 5187 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:15 - Jun 28 by Vic

I'm not sure Dolly does. He seems to be arguing for the sake of it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 14:19 - Jun 28 with 5181 views_

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:17 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:26 - Jun 28 with 5151 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:13 - Jun 28 by StokieBlue

Why don't you go look at the post in question? It's was rude, it wasn't taking an opposite view.

You're just arguing for the sake of it now, it's a bit weird.

SB

Hang on, I'm responding to something you've posted to me. If you didn't want me to reply (because that's just me arguing for the sake of it) maybe you shouldn't have posted something to me.

Oh damn, is this post more evidence of me arguing for the sake of it again?!

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:28 - Jun 28 with 5136 viewsSteve_M

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 13:54 - Jun 28 by Dolly2.0

"a lot voted Labour because they thought Corbyn had no chance of becoming PM."

Have you got any figures to back this up?

No, but many Labour MPs were telling people this on doorsteps across the country. Anecdotal evidence is pointless here but I certainly did and know several others did too.

For someone who dismissed the original article you're going about proving it fairly well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:28 - Jun 28 with 5135 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:15 - Jun 28 by Vic

You're saying Callis rabidly defends Corbyn, you're doing the opposite. It's not difficult.

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:29 - Jun 28 with 5126 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:17 - Jun 28 by GlasgowBlue

Better than lying and then swerving the lie I guess.

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:32 - Jun 28 with 5110 viewsDolly2.0

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:28 - Jun 28 by Steve_M

No, but many Labour MPs were telling people this on doorsteps across the country. Anecdotal evidence is pointless here but I certainly did and know several others did too.

For someone who dismissed the original article you're going about proving it fairly well.

I think I'm being fairly balanced. Where is the Jesus-worship in my posts?

You don't have ANY figures to back up your statement then, just some people you know?

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:36 - Jun 28 with 5093 viewsVic

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:28 - Jun 28 by Dolly2.0

You're saying Callis rabidly defends Corbyn, you're doing the opposite. It's not difficult.

Sorry, but I am struggling with what you're saying here! What are I saying that's the exact opposite to you or Callis?

Look at my back posts - though I'm no fan of Corbyns, to say the least, I have consistently since the election said that he did very well, that he got his tactics right, that he fronted a brilliant campaign. No one can argue with that.

I've also damned the Tories campaign as utter rubbish. It was a train crash from the start.

My case is that some on here and elsewhere do not or will not entertain anything negative about Corbyn or his policies. It's as if everything he says and does is absolutely right and above question.

Maybe I've missed some of your or Callis posts but I don't recal one occasion where you've admitted some concern or criticism as being justified, you defend him to to the last.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 14:38]

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:47 - Jun 28 with 5070 viewsDarth_Koont

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 12:05 - Jun 28 by Steve_M

Yes, exactly the sort of reasons I posted it. The next election will be interesting as a lot voted Labour because they thought Corbyn had no chance of becoming PM, thus the inconsistencies of Labour's position could either be ignored, consciously or unconsciously.

Against that the Tories are highly likely to make a mess of Brexit negotiations because they a) don't really know what they want and b) what they do know they want is pretty much impossible.

I don't think Momentum/McDonnell/Milne see Starmer as a successor to Corbyn. That's not where they want to take the party or indeed are taking the party. A sensible party would try to encompass both but the left sees a chance for an ideological remake.

This may be my personal view and not the best step for the Labour Party electorally, but the longer they can keep the party to the left of the debate the better.

The political centre is to the right in the UK compared with the most of the rest of Europe, certainly Northern Europe. And from having lived and worked there, I strongly believe that these countries have made a much better job of building sustainable economies that safeguard the future of their citizens. We seem to be in thrall to a particularly narrow-minded and American take on society's needs from the perspective of what's right for the individual. Objectively, there needs to be much more of a balance with what's right for the society as a whole if more British people are going to prosper and be happy.

The temptation to capitalise on the middle-ground votes plays into more selfish policies that benefit individuals and don't demand the types of sacrifice needed to properly fund and take care of the parts of society that need it. If we're serious about wanting the best for society and future generations, we must have a more socially democratic opposition and potential government that can challenge and change the narrative the Conservatives and Blairites have pushed on the country for the past few decades.

But I suppose that's why I'm not a party politician or a fan of it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 16:10 - Jun 28 with 5022 viewslowhouseblue

Jeremy Corbyn is just a politician not the messiah on 14:47 - Jun 28 by Darth_Koont

This may be my personal view and not the best step for the Labour Party electorally, but the longer they can keep the party to the left of the debate the better.

The political centre is to the right in the UK compared with the most of the rest of Europe, certainly Northern Europe. And from having lived and worked there, I strongly believe that these countries have made a much better job of building sustainable economies that safeguard the future of their citizens. We seem to be in thrall to a particularly narrow-minded and American take on society's needs from the perspective of what's right for the individual. Objectively, there needs to be much more of a balance with what's right for the society as a whole if more British people are going to prosper and be happy.

The temptation to capitalise on the middle-ground votes plays into more selfish policies that benefit individuals and don't demand the types of sacrifice needed to properly fund and take care of the parts of society that need it. If we're serious about wanting the best for society and future generations, we must have a more socially democratic opposition and potential government that can challenge and change the narrative the Conservatives and Blairites have pushed on the country for the past few decades.

But I suppose that's why I'm not a party politician or a fan of it.

in what way did corbyn avoid "more selfish policies that benefit individuals and don't demand the types of sacrifice needed to properly fund and take care of the parts of society that need it"? his promise to his supporters was: I'm going to give you everything you want and it won't cost you a penny, someone else will pay.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024