Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just under a million for Huws 20:06 - Jun 28 with 7149 viewsMullet

That is outstanding value. I thought £1.5m or so, not forgetting his wages where he took a cut to come here before means we've probably put a bit there instead of a fee. I assume Cardiff wanted rid to ease up budgets sharpish too.

I think that's the best value for an established player we've paid for ages. Before that it's been mostly punts hasn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just under a million for Huws on 22:40 - Jun 28 with 873 viewsWicklowBlue

Cardiff and everyone would know how he performed for us. A Welsh international and if as we believe had a couple of clubs looking at him. With the market as it is paying currently, 1 million for him on a 4 year contract at his age is great business!!!

Emyr obviously wants to play the game and is willing to build his rep unlike so many of his elk. Too many today are happy to court the EPL and grab the money and mooch around in the reserves or youth teams without progressing their career. Benyu could be the latest example of this....

As we know Emyr sacrificed his wages to come and play for us and wanted to sign for us despite our crap form last season. Speaks volumes for the guy, we need more like him in the modern game and if he is our top wage earner he deserves it at this point. We now have someone to build our midfield off over the next 3 seasons.

This for me is a big turning point in our clubs ambition, dare I think he could be our next Matty Holland?

Abso fecking lutely delighted...said in my best Irish accent!
Just under a million for Huws on 22:42 - Jun 28 with 863 viewsWicklowBlue

Just under a million for Huws on 20:14 - Jun 28 by Swansea_Blue

Very much a Walters-type signing imo. The lad has class and was highly rated. He's lost his way a bit, but hopefully being settled with us will allow him to reach his potential. If he does that could be the best £1m ME has ever invested.

Well we could probably get Walters back for 1 million at this point but his wages would be nuts.

Edit: 3 million is the opening bid for Walters. Think we did well getting that for Murph in light of this.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 23:55]
Just under a million for Huws on 22:52 - Jun 28 with 839 viewsxrayspecs

Just under a million for Huws on 20:10 - Jun 28 by SWGF

I make you right (for once...).

Would imagine there'd be a chunky signing on fee to keep him within the wage budget.

Had we not signed him, I'd have been mightily peeved however this is a real statement of intent at our level of spending (as opposed to, for example, paying over £5m for a French striker).

Great age, good experience, saleable asset if things go well and we know what he can do.

BCFC are loaded. Hargreaves is bank rolling Bristol Sport (Rugby, Football, Basketball, others). They spent big last pre-season and then sold Kodja for £14m on deasdline day to end up net level. Will be big spenders again this summer.
Just under a million for Huws on 23:20 - Jun 28 with 793 viewsSWGF

Just under a million for Huws on 22:52 - Jun 28 by xrayspecs

BCFC are loaded. Hargreaves is bank rolling Bristol Sport (Rugby, Football, Basketball, others). They spent big last pre-season and then sold Kodja for £14m on deasdline day to end up net level. Will be big spenders again this summer.

He needs to invest in a proper manager then.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024