Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing 17:40 - Jun 30 with 15927 viewsMullet

A bit like Garner I wasn't entirely sure. His career is a bit similar to Huws' in that he seems to be unloved by his parent club and has done well on loan but never really held down any longevity.

I've done a bit of digging around though and it does make perfect sense. Like Garner did last time I saw him play against us, the fact he scored against us in April in a game so disheartening meant I probably went away disliking him for all the right reasons. It was an instinctive finish though, and seeing it again close up even better despite the hoofed nature of the build up.

Also his return in that side was decent. 6 in 29 is a better average than we can usually expect from our CM's lately. I spoke to a Leeds mate who said he was "like Huddlestone without the range of passing" but I think that's not quite right.

Everything I can find on him from when Roeder heralded his breakthrough at the scum to the video below at Birmingham talks about his physical presence, athleticism and drive. We saw that against the stiffs in April but I probably didn't give it the credence I should have in the circumstances.

What comes across though is that on and off the pitch is very Mick (as we'd expect). He was Brum's young player of the year and he is talked about as the kind of young bloke that reminds me of how MM celebrates Tommy Smith actually.

With Huws we might look like a Cardiff offcut midfield, but there might a little or a lot of understanding between them. I guess we'll see. However the idea of those two doing a lot of the running and graft is so far removed from making Douglas limp in and out of games pointing at where his former self would be as teams skip past us.

Also he's not just big, but this headed goal makes me already think of what Rowe and Celina can do with a cross. If Spence can chip in with some service and Knudsen/Kenlock between him and Garner we might recreate that threat from set pieces that gave us early momentum in 2014/15 from Smith and Berra

He's also the right age. I really like that about our recruitment. These feel like players that might outlast Mick and will see a return for us in terms of service or selling upwards not just jettisoning them.

I think we could do with someone else and maybe that's Tunnicliffe rather than McGinn and maybe that means Andre goes out on loan, or Bishop/Hyam goes (completely) too. It's hard to say what is in Mick's mind and if he anticipated Benyu not returning. But I like the uncertainty right now. This summer already feels different.

One thing that shows Adeyemi in a good light is him doing this sort of nonsense for local media and PR. Although he's not going to be threatening for set piece taker based on this.

[Post edited 30 Jun 2017 17:45]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 20:00 - Jun 30 with 12752 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This summer feels so different to any other in recent memory

I love it

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 21:28 - Jun 30 with 12285 viewsrosseden

hes clearly an intelligent lad too.....

Adeyemi gained A* grades in his A Levels in biology and chemistry and an A grade in maths and turned down the offer of a place at Cambridge University.

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 22:08 - Jun 30 with 12087 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 20:00 - Jun 30 by The_Romford_Blue

I love it

Two summers ago was really positive.

After we finished 6th we made some signings that seemed to be very astute, and out of nowhere we singed Tommy Oar- a promising wildcard that promised excitement, flair, and ambition. In hindsight we should've offered Paul Anderson another year.

Poll: Best Football Song

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:14 - Jul 1 with 11553 viewsMullet

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 20:00 - Jun 30 by The_Romford_Blue

I love it

I'm also enjoying the Budgies on twitter who've spent 24hrs convincing themselves he's crap/never going to get in their side/ they never really went in for him etc.

They literally can't take the fact he chose us, and it might well have been over them.

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:17 - Jul 1 with 11538 viewsMullet

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 21:28 - Jun 30 by rosseden

Adeyemi gained A* grades in his A Levels in biology and chemistry and an A grade in maths and turned down the offer of a place at Cambridge University.

The Brum video above paints him in a really good light, which isn't everything. But as you say it's nice to see stuff like that about our players. Gives it that extra touch of positivity I think.

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:29 - Jul 1 with 11485 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:14 - Jul 1 by Mullet

I'm also enjoying the Budgies on twitter who've spent 24hrs convincing themselves he's crap/never going to get in their side/ they never really went in for him etc.

They literally can't take the fact he chose us, and it might well have been over them.

This. I work with a number of Budgies fans and to a man they reckon that he was never given a chance first time around. I reckon he's a significant improvement on what we've had previously. He and Huws together will give us energy levels in the centre of the park that we haven't seen in years

Poll: Our final position

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:32 - Jul 1 with 11463 viewsHerbivore

This looks like a cracking signing to me. I wonder what it might mean for Skuse? Got to think that Adeyemi and Huws have come here to play and with Mick hinting we'll be playing 4-4-2 this season that leaves an odd man out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:35 - Jul 1 with 11458 viewsMullet

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:29 - Jul 1 by southnorfolkblue

This. I work with a number of Budgies fans and to a man they reckon that he was never given a chance first time around. I reckon he's a significant improvement on what we've had previously. He and Huws together will give us energy levels in the centre of the park that we haven't seen in years

I think away from home a 433 with him and Huws ahead of Skuse and two wingers could be a really potent set up.

What I like is that you can play him and Huws together, or instead and we have very different options to come in to the side, whether that's Bishop/Dozzell kicking on or someone new coming in. Ward can play as part of that three or out wide. Rowe and Celina can swap wings with Sears also dropping out there.

Really we need someone to deputise for Skuse it's not fair to rely on him all season or suddenly have a big gap when he's injured/suspended etc. I'm not sure Adeyemi is really built for that either, so it'll be good to see us a with a range of midfield options assuming we don't have another year of injury crisis.

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:36 - Jul 1 with 11454 viewswkj

He's got a bloody good head on him by the sound of it, so I am really looking forward to him playing for us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 13:03 - Jul 1 with 11048 viewsOsborneOneNil

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:32 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

This looks like a cracking signing to me. I wonder what it might mean for Skuse? Got to think that Adeyemi and Huws have come here to play and with Mick hinting we'll be playing 4-4-2 this season that leaves an odd man out.

Seeing Skuse no longer a 'shoe in' would be a huge stride forward.
Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 13:24 - Jul 1 with 10971 viewsLankHenners

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 13:03 - Jul 1 by OsborneOneNil

Seeing Skuse no longer a 'shoe in' would be a huge stride forward.

I think you're a bit obsessed mate.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 14:09 - Jul 1 with 10875 viewsOsborneOneNil

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 13:24 - Jul 1 by LankHenners

Ditto, mate.
Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 19:03 - Jul 1 with 10631 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 13:24 - Jul 1 by LankHenners

A bit obsessed just because you have a different view?

He's spot on.
Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 19:08 - Jul 1 with 10612 viewsLankHenners

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 19:03 - Jul 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

A bit obsessed just because you have a different view?

He's spot on.

No, on both counts.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 21:18 - Jul 1 with 10452 viewstextbackup

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:32 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

Mate skuse starts, and probably next to Hyam.

Even if Huws and Tom worked great together we simply wouldn't see it. That's not a dig at MM, I just don't think he'll play them two lads without Skuse in there. Personally a three would be exciting to see, skuse could hold and pass the ball 5 yards to them two to work magic.

Bart
Spence chambers Webster kenlock
Skuse
Ward Huws Tom celina
Garner/Mcgoldrick

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 21:35 - Jul 1 with 10411 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 21:18 - Jul 1 by textbackup

Even if Huws and Tom worked great together we simply wouldn't see it. That's not a dig at MM, I just don't think he'll play them two lads without Skuse in there. Personally a three would be exciting to see, skuse could hold and pass the ball 5 yards to them two to work magic.

Bart
Skuse
Ward Huws Tom celina
Garner/Mcgoldrick

It's certainly more exciting than what it was a month ago

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 07:47 - Jul 2 with 10258 viewsKeaneish

It's a decent signing for sure - probably my favourite to date this summer. A bit of power and directness to that midfield is an excellent addition. We have choices again and Huws and Adeyemi are a definite improvement on Douglas and Bru. Given the balance of that midfield, we do need Bishop or Dozzell to come to the fore this season for added dimension otherwise I still think we're one short. Not sure Tunnicliffe is the answer to the equation.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:44 - Jul 2 with 10167 viewstextbackup

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 07:47 - Jul 2 by Keaneish

It's a decent signing for sure - probably my favourite to date this summer. A bit of power and directness to that midfield is an excellent addition. We have choices again and Huws and Adeyemi are a definite improvement on Douglas and Bru. Given the balance of that midfield, we do need Bishop or Dozzell to come to the fore this season for added dimension otherwise I still think we're one short. Not sure Tunnicliffe is the answer to the equation.

We don't need him at all IMO, adds nothing that we don't already have

I'd rather that money was put aside for a striker

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 09:04 - Jul 2 with 10118 viewsstrikalite

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:44 - Jul 2 by textbackup

A quality young striker is still on the wish list for me, McG is injury prone now, in this league you need fire power upfront we all know that, I'd take a quality loan from a Prem side for a season....though I hate loans I think it's the best we can hope for.
Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 09:08 - Jul 2 with 10097 viewsMullet

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 09:04 - Jul 2 by strikalite

A quality young striker is still on the wish list for me, McG is injury prone now, in this league you need fire power upfront we all know that, I'd take a quality loan from a Prem side for a season....though I hate loans I think it's the best we can hope for.

I'd like to see Dozzell deputise for McG in an ideal world. I think that role gives him less chances of getting exposed if he's got two big experienced midfielders behind him and we play Garner as a lone striker.

Likewise Celina can sit in the middle and Rowe apparently, so if we got another decent winger we have a few options. If Ollie Watkins is on the list that makes the most sense as a deeper striker/CAM although he's a very different player.

For me we really need a big man and that's not likely to be Moore so someone else needs to do it.

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 09:35 - Jul 2 with 10051 viewsKeaneish

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 08:44 - Jul 2 by textbackup

Can't think of anyone we have in the mould of Adeyemi so I see the value in it. A striker is a given.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 10:05 - Jul 2 with 10009 viewsstrikalite

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 09:08 - Jul 2 by Mullet

I'd like to see Dozzell deputise for McG in an ideal world. I think that role gives him less chances of getting exposed if he's got two big experienced midfielders behind him and we play Garner as a lone striker.

Likewise Celina can sit in the middle and Rowe apparently, so if we got another decent winger we have a few options. If Ollie Watkins is on the list that makes the most sense as a deeper striker/CAM although he's a very different player.

For me we really need a big man and that's not likely to be Moore so someone else needs to do it.

It would be great to see young Andre pushing for that McG role I agree there, great touch, good awareness, he needs blooding, certainly like could be done as you say further up the pitch as opposed to a holding role imo could glaringly show him up as not ready, I think you need real experience to hold in the Championship now..

We do have much better options now, especially from the bench, that quality striker could really get us competing this season, of all the areas now that's where we still lack, you're only as good as your strikers a pundit said recently and I tend to agree..
Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 10:20 - Jul 2 with 9983 viewstextbackup

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 09:35 - Jul 2 by Keaneish

Can't think of anyone we have in the mould of Adeyemi so I see the value in it. A striker is a given.

Sorry I meant tunnicliffe

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 10:59 - Jul 2 with 9903 viewsHerbivore

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 21:18 - Jul 1 by textbackup

Bart
Skuse
Ward Huws Tom celina
Garner/Mcgoldrick

With our midfield options you think we'll be starting Skuse and Hyam? You're just being silly there, mate. Hyam won't be starting much, if at all, this season. I can see him leaving to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 10:59 - Jul 2 with 9901 viewsbournemouthblue

Tom Adeyemi - I'm coming around to the idea he's an inspired signing on 21:28 - Jun 30 by rosseden

That often helps, Mings seemed a pretty bright lad too

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024