Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isgrove - Will he or wont he? 08:33 - Jul 1 with 2954 viewswkj

A lot of people thinking he will be Town bound, but reports are Charlton are close to making the signing, do you think he will or wont end up in the mix at portman road

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:49 - Jul 1 with 2872 viewsMullet

I think if he chooses Charlton over us we can assume he has a lack of ambition or belief in himself at this level.

You'd think he'd look at how badly we need a star winger and his competition is a recently non-league Rowe, an untested Prem starlet, and Grant Ward off the back of a very steep learning curve.

I'd like to see him here, but am confident MM can find someone else too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:51 - Jul 1 with 2858 viewswkj

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:49 - Jul 1 by Mullet

I think if he chooses Charlton over us we can assume he has a lack of ambition or belief in himself at this level.

You'd think he'd look at how badly we need a star winger and his competition is a recently non-league Rowe, an untested Prem starlet, and Grant Ward off the back of a very steep learning curve.

Not that i don't disagree but i wouldnt be shocked if 5 3 2 is the battle plan this year given the big lad we just signed- so MM might not be offering him an outright starting spot
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 8:52]

Crybaby

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:52 - Jul 1 with 2841 viewsElderGrizzly

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:51 - Jul 1 by wkj

Not that i don't disagree but i wouldnt be shocked if 5 3 2 is the battle plan this year given the big lad we just signed- so MM might not be offering him an outright starting spot

Big lad? Garner is 5ft10!
Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:53 - Jul 1 with 2830 viewsMullet

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:51 - Jul 1 by wkj

I hope it's not. It's a poor formation and one we played badly out of necessity.

With all our players fit we have a much better balance to the side and the squad with four at the back.

I'd much prefer variants of 4231 again or 4141 which MM has used so effectively here before, especially mid game to change things.

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:55 - Jul 1 with 2816 viewswkj

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:52 - Jul 1 by ElderGrizzly

I was refering more about Adeyemi playing in a sort of attacking MC role as he is known to get forward

Crybaby

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:59 - Jul 1 with 2793 viewsElderGrizzly

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:53 - Jul 1 by Mullet

I hope it's not. It's a poor formation and one we played badly out of necessity.

With all our players fit we have a much better balance to the side and the squad with four at the back.

I'd much prefer variants of 4231 again or 4141 which MM has used so effectively here before, especially mid game to change things.

With Huws, Skuse, Adeyami, Bishop etc, it will be insteresting who he picks to start in CM.

Agree with you, 3 or 5 at the back isn't the way forward imo
Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 09:00 - Jul 1 with 2787 viewsElderGrizzly

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:55 - Jul 1 by wkj

I was refering more about Adeyemi playing in a sort of attacking MC role as he is known to get forward

Ah, fair enough. Can't see how it will affect too much our style. It is always going to be direct.

I'm just hoping Adeyemi, Huws and Garner bring back that urgency in our play we missed last season
Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 09:36 - Jul 1 with 2581 viewsstrikalite

I tend to agree especially given he's now 24 and should be playing certainly at our level, I can only think that if he goes to League One and rips it up then the big Clubs of the Prem will come calling....we don't know his circumstances but he'd still be close to home and moving to London which is a draw for some players...
Login to get fewer ads

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 10:19 - Jul 1 with 2447 viewsbournemouthblue

someone was linking us with John Marquis rather speculatively, incidentally his goals package on YouTube makes him look a lot like Murphy in style, albeit playing at a lower level

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 10:50 - Jul 1 with 2322 viewsMullet

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 10:19 - Jul 1 by bournemouthblue

someone was linking us with John Marquis rather speculatively, incidentally his goals package on YouTube makes him look a lot like Murphy in style, albeit playing at a lower level

Think Phil dispelled that pretty quickly as a mug making stuff up on the internet, which is fairly common. But you'd think the kind of striker we'll recruit will tell us all about where MM sees Garner and the side as a whole.

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 10:51 - Jul 1 with 2310 viewssolemio

Isgrove - Will he or wont he? on 08:52 - Jul 1 by ElderGrizzly

Trevor Whymark was 5' 9", but was so good in the air that commentators often called him 'the big striker'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024