Please log in or register
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick In Mick Out? 13:05 - Jul 3 with 3007 viewsblueblood66

I am still firmly of the belief that we need a new manager for the club to progress as a football team I want to watch every week.
Whoever he signs we are in for more of the same, he wont change for anyone.

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:06 - Jul 3 with 1923 viewsFixed_It

OK.

Lovin' Mick's Fix!
Poll: What is the worst thing about the International Break?

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:07 - Jul 3 with 1910 viewsitfcjoe

Mick In - because he is clearly being backed by ME and for him to go will mean he has failed so we have (at least) another season of sh*t

Poll: When do you think Mick will go?
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:11 - Jul 3 with 1875 viewsTractorCam

I'm on similar lines, but we're spending now so we have to see how we start off, Mick's final straw I guess
Mick In Mick Out? on 13:14 - Jul 3 with 1855 viewsblueblood66

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:11 - Jul 3 by TractorCam

I'm on similar lines, but we're spending now so we have to see how we start off, Mick's final straw I guess

We spent last summer too, then sold Murphy. Ward and Webster cost £1.5m nothing has changed.
How do you know nothing has changed.....? (n/t) on 13:16 - Jul 3 with 1839 viewsBloots

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:14 - Jul 3 by blueblood66

We spent last summer too, then sold Murphy. Ward and Webster cost £1.5m nothing has changed.

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:17 - Jul 3 with 1831 viewsTractorCam

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:14 - Jul 3 by blueblood66

We've spent little shy under double last summer and with 2 months remaining.
Mick In Mick Out? on 13:19 - Jul 3 with 1814 viewsblueblood66

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:17 - Jul 3 by TractorCam

We've spent little shy under double last summer and with 2 months remaining.

so who are we selling to fund it? Milne said that there was no more money available, the budget is the budget. Someone will be sold, brace yourselves.

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:25 - Jul 3 with 1776 viewschristiand

Encouraging from the club that they have bought players in. Nevertheless, how we play, team selections and tactics are the main issues for me and in my eyes the jury is very much out. I really don't believe that MM can get his teams to play any other way and the fact that the first team plays differently to every other side in the club shows to me he needs to be moved on.

Poll: Live debate outcome - Batlle for No.10

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:28 - Jul 3 with 1765 viewsitfcjoe

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:25 - Jul 3 by christiand

Encouraging from the club that they have bought players in. Nevertheless, how we play, team selections and tactics are the main issues for me and in my eyes the jury is very much out. I really don't believe that MM can get his teams to play any other way and the fact that the first team plays differently to every other side in the club shows to me he needs to be moved on.

Maybe the lower teams should be playing more like the first team? The tail shouldn't wag the dog.

The academies job is to produce players to play first team football, which it is doing.

Too much is made out of styles, and I can't imagine you watch any of these teams regularly to confirm this either?

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:32 - Jul 3 with 1734 viewsslump

Whatever you think/feel, it's apparent that he is here for this season minimum and if the team progresses in whatever footballing fashion then it will be longer than that.

It's a case of it is what it is and only a disaster of a season or a further major down turn in ticket sales is going to force a change.

UTT

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:36 - Jul 3 with 1705 viewsSuperfrans

He's here for another season. You'd be best accepting that, getting behind the team and enjoying it as much as you can - or switching off for a few months and finding yourslef something else to entertain yourself. You may well go mad otherwise.

Poll: Penalty for Forest, foul on Bart?
Blog: It Really Could Be Worse

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:36 - Jul 3 with 1702 viewsGodBlue

The better the squad starts to look, the more I find myself wishing we would freshen up our coaching team - be it MM, or just his backroom staff.

I won't lie, I've become disillusioned with Mick and his style of football. But with the squad he's amassing, assuming it could improve further over the coming weeks/months, I think he may deserve one more shot. If he doesn't completely turn the footballing side of things around fairly quickly though, I'll soon change my mind.

It would be a real shame to waste a season with this squad, playing the same dross we seemed to last term.
Mick In Mick Out? on 13:46 - Jul 3 with 1655 viewschristiand

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:28 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

Maybe the lower teams should be playing more like the first team? The tail shouldn't wag the dog.

The academies job is to produce players to play first team football, which it is doing.

Too much is made out of styles, and I can't imagine you watch any of these teams regularly to confirm this either?

I personally think it is why we have the problem with some of our youngsters coming into the first team and they find it difficult, due to the difference in styles. My lad played for Ipswich academy last season and all the boys are encouraged to play football from the back from U10s upwards. You look at a side like Barcelona and all their sides play the same way including the first team. For the time MM is here, I don't want all our youth sides playing long ball rubbish because the first manager hasn't got the credentials to manage and coach any other way.

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:10 - Jul 3 with 1569 viewsitfcjoe

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:46 - Jul 3 by christiand

I personally think it is why we have the problem with some of our youngsters coming into the first team and they find it difficult, due to the difference in styles. My lad played for Ipswich academy last season and all the boys are encouraged to play football from the back from U10s upwards. You look at a side like Barcelona and all their sides play the same way including the first team. For the time MM is here, I don't want all our youth sides playing long ball rubbish because the first manager hasn't got the credentials to manage and coach any other way.

Youngsters find it difficult because the Championship is an intense ugly league, it is so physically demanding and that can't be taught.

There might be an element of style of football for some, but no matter how good players are they need to be up to it physically unless they are exceptional.

Every academy side plays football from the back, at every club in the land - but they are development teams. It's not realistic to expect teams to play that way all the way through sadly - but that is the best way to create good adaptable footballers who can flourish in different styles. A player like Bishop came in to Mick's style and looked excellent, even Kenlock last year looked very good as the team looked poor.

We aren't Barcelona and aren't going to be, but there are very few English clubs who have a style of play from frist team down to u9s because it isn't pragmatic to do so.

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:11 - Jul 3 with 1561 viewsSomethingBlue

Or is it you who won't change?

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:41 - Jul 3 with 1504 viewswkj

Mick In, purely for the fact of where we are in preseason - He's ours for the year baring an utter catastorphe

UNOFFICIAL JAY TABB FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Poll: (My yearly question) Which promoted team will be most prolific for points?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:42 - Jul 3 with 1497 viewsBenters

Out .

End of.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:44 - Jul 3 with 1484 viewsBenters

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:25 - Jul 3 by christiand

The first name on the team sheet is always Skusey says it all really.

Gentlybentley

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:53 - Jul 3 with 1465 viewsIllinoisblue

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:42 - Jul 3 by Benters

Out .

End of.

Are you going to any home games this season Benters?

62 - 78 - 81

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:55 - Jul 3 with 1458 viewsFtnfwest

out, although in fairness 7 weeks unbeaten now

Mick In Mick Out? on 15:26 - Jul 3 with 1411 viewsrickw

Long term out, but as Evans has given him money and he's getting in his players we have to stick with him now, however if we're near the bottom come October then Evans really gets to get the balls to sack him!!

Poll: ITFC Cult Hero
Blog: Two Defensive?

Mick In Mick Out? on 16:28 - Jul 3 with 1344 viewssundaze

Mick In Mick Out? on 13:28 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

No, the academies job is to encourage youngsters to join every year with the promise of doing the best they can to make them a professional footballer in the future. Parents are persuaded to invest a lot of time and money in the hope their child achieves the dream.
To have them playing hoofball and running around trying to get to the ball before it bounces out of play, isn't going to encourage anyone to want to play for the Town academy.
Managers come and go, many quite quickly, you can't have the academy changing it's football philosophy every time the club changes a manager.
And before you ask, yes I have watched academy teams for a number of seasons and I was one of the parents that invested a lot of time and money doing so. It was a great experience and I don't regret it for a moment.
Mick In Mick Out? on 16:44 - Jul 3 with 1314 viewschristiand

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:10 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

Youngsters find it difficult because the Championship is an intense ugly league, it is so physically demanding and that can't be taught.

There might be an element of style of football for some, but no matter how good players are they need to be up to it physically unless they are exceptional.

Every academy side plays football from the back, at every club in the land - but they are development teams. It's not realistic to expect teams to play that way all the way through sadly - but that is the best way to create good adaptable footballers who can flourish in different styles. A player like Bishop came in to Mick's style and looked excellent, even Kenlock last year looked very good as the team looked poor.

We aren't Barcelona and aren't going to be, but there are very few English clubs who have a style of play from frist team down to u9s because it isn't pragmatic to do so.

I disagree, I'm sure there are quite a few that do play in the style and formation as the first team, just makes transition easier. To name a couple Bournemouth and Fulham both footballing sides. When I played in Nottingham Forest's youth team, Brian Clough expected us to play in the same manner and we had a number of youngsters that progressed from our youth team to the first team. Clough didn't tolerate long ball football from any of the forest sides youth team, U23s, reserve side or the first team. His saying was; 'If God wanted us to play football in the air, he'd put the grass up there!' Still really rings in my ears now.

Mick In Mick Out? on 16:59 - Jul 3 with 1276 viewsBenters

Mick In Mick Out? on 14:53 - Jul 3 by Illinoisblue

Are you going to any home games this season Benters?

Yes thanks.

Gentlybentley

Mick In Mick Out? on 17:02 - Jul 3 with 1271 viewsitfcjoe

Mick In Mick Out? on 16:28 - Jul 3 by sundaze

No, the academies job is to encourage youngsters to join every year with the promise of doing the best they can to make them a professional footballer in the future. Parents are persuaded to invest a lot of time and money in the hope their child achieves the dream.
To have them playing hoofball and running around trying to get to the ball before it bounces out of play, isn't going to encourage anyone to want to play for the Town academy.
Managers come and go, many quite quickly, you can't have the academy changing it's football philosophy every time the club changes a manager.
And before you ask, yes I have watched academy teams for a number of seasons and I was one of the parents that invested a lot of time and money doing so. It was a great experience and I don't regret it for a moment.

I was being slightly facetious, but the academy is currently producing first team footballers at a rate that is as good as nearly all it's competitors in the upper echelons of the football league - it's clearly doing a decent job.

I wouldn't expect the academy to change it's philosophy - but as players get to the business end of the academy and they are in the senior development phase of learning to win alongside development (U18), and then trying to get into the first team (U23) the balance does need to begin to go towards the first team's style.

But playing out from the back under pressure is a good thing - even if the first team don't do it it allows the players to be better technically when it comes to playing in the first team when there is less time on the ball and they need to be better in their touch.

But ultimately, the success of the football club is down to the first team, so the academy needs to feed the first team. Anyone can be Crewe and bump about in the lower divisions whilst playing kids but ITFC fans expect more - and I personally think the academy is doing a very good job in producing players currently for the first team and that Mick is doing an above average job of integrating them into the first team squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2017