Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship 16:35 - Jul 3 with 5840 viewsThatMuhrenCross

http://talksport.com/football/championship-201718-stadiums-power-ranking-every-c

A little harsh I think. Where does everyone else think our stadium should rank?

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 16:40 - Jul 3 with 5763 viewswkj

Do they ever give their criteria for ranking, or just pick stuff out of the hat for clickbait money

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:00 - Jul 3 with 5587 viewsBenters

I bet as we speak they are on top of the north stand cleaning the roof.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:01 - Jul 3 with 5591 viewsJackSted

I like how they rank it the fifth worst stadium but the whole paragraph on it is nothing but praise.

My guess is they ranked it low because it's old but that's what makes a good traditional stadium right? Our stadium is 10x better than the generic "bowl" stadiums of Reading, Derby, and Hull
[Post edited 3 Jul 2017 17:02]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:13 - Jul 3 with 5515 viewsNo9

Is the catering worse anywhere else?
I doubt it
Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:14 - Jul 3 with 5512 viewsboroughblue

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:01 - Jul 3 by JackSted

I like how they rank it the fifth worst stadium but the whole paragraph on it is nothing but praise.

My guess is they ranked it low because it's old but that's what makes a good traditional stadium right? Our stadium is 10x better than the generic "bowl" stadiums of Reading, Derby, and Hull
[Post edited 3 Jul 2017 17:02]

Think the word you were looking for was 'arena' 😉

Agree with you though, old grounds have much better atmospheres
Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:15 - Jul 3 with 5483 viewsDublinBlue84

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:14 - Jul 3 by boroughblue

Think the word you were looking for was 'arena' 😉

Agree with you though, old grounds have much better atmospheres

I always thought Villa Park was over-rated, maybe many years ago,, but now....

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:19 - Jul 3 with 5450 viewsboroughblue

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:15 - Jul 3 by DublinBlue84

I always thought Villa Park was over-rated, maybe many years ago,, but now....

But can you honestly say that the madjeyski stadium has a bouncing atmosphere?
Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:41 - Jul 3 with 5326 viewsFtnfwest

Carrot roads history obviously trumped FPR
Login to get fewer ads

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:48 - Jul 3 with 5293 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Carrot Road at no. 6. This is some kind of joke right? I know our ground could do with sprucing up a bit, but it's better than that s*#t hole!
Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 18:01 - Jul 3 with 5225 viewsclive_baker

Each to their own but the 'worst' 6 on that list are actually among my favourites. Give me any old ground with character over a Pride Park or Madejski any day.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 18:04 - Jul 3 with 5207 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:00 - Jul 3 by Benters

Everything's changing this summer so perhaps they will listen to the fans with the dirty roof

They listened on ticket pricing and signings so who knows

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 18:14 - Jul 3 with 5161 viewsSwansea_Blue

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:13 - Jul 3 by No9

Is the catering worse anywhere else?
I doubt it

Yes (or certainly no better). Catering at most grounds I go to is cr@p. The quality is generally poor and if you go in the home end the queues are often bad (away fans tend to get quicker service everywhere in my experience).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 18:23 - Jul 3 with 5112 viewsFtnfwest

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 17:00 - Jul 3 by Benters

'G Granville, f f fetch the cloth'
Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 18:47 - Jul 3 with 5009 viewshoppy

Yet elsewhere today, we have seen that it is rated the 20th best ever stadium to have hosted Premier League games...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 19:52 - Jul 3 with 4762 viewsFreddies_Ears

Above QPR, level with Forest, above Nardge.
Portman Road the fifth worst stadium in the Championship on 20:27 - Jul 3 with 4630 viewsBanburyBlue

Still waiting to see the cherry picker up cleaning SBR's picture! Isn't going to happen is it

Banbury Blue Back in Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024