Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? 22:09 - Jul 3 with 6747 viewsBLUEBEAT

I like the one about Paul Taylor who was out of squad due to severe tooth ache but was seen on the platform of Peterborough train station munching on a baguette.

Poll: W or W

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 22:25 - Jul 3 with 6694 viewsWeWereZombies

Brian Talbot abandoning his car on the wasteland that used to be behind Cumberland Towers as the police prepared to stop and breathalyse him, running home and not stirring when the coppers turned up and barged past his mum into his bedroom.

Copper: Does your son always go to bed fully clothed and wearing muddy shoes?
Mrs. Talbot: Yes.

Errr, allegedly....

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 06:29 - Jul 4 with 6474 viewsCoastalblue

Ian Marshall being ruled out due to a shopping trolley.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 06:55 - Jul 4 with 6419 viewsJohnhoz

I remember reading some team news on Ceefax about 25 years ago and it said "Ipswich will be without David Linighan (feet)"

Feet !!

That's all it said

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 07:16 - Jul 4 with 6377 viewsThrobbe

Darren Currie getting caught in traffic, getting out of the car and running to PR to get there in time for kick-off.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 07:47 - Jul 4 with 6289 viewsHeathlander

My father used to own a pawnbrokers on Foxhall Road. Kevin Beattie, Alan Hunter and Robin Turner used to come in there regularly.

We had a swimming pool at our house and the three of them came round for a swim. The Beat needed the bathroom and had a poo using our facilities.

How many of you can say that Ipswich Town's greatest ever player did that round your house?
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 07:48 - Jul 4 with 6281 viewsgainsboroughblue

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 07:16 - Jul 4 by Throbbe

Darren Currie getting caught in traffic, getting out of the car and running to PR to get there in time for kick-off.

Pretty sure I remember reading before about Bobby Ferguson ordering the coach driver (Trevor Kirton) presumably to not stop at the arranged pick up point along the a12, to not collect a couple of players.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 07:50 - Jul 4 with 6263 viewssolemio

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 07:16 - Jul 4 by Throbbe

Difficult to believe Darren Currie ran.

Did his mum say that he dribbled well?
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 07:51 - Jul 4 with 6250 viewsNo9

Ted Phillips on a long training run allegedly hitching a ride on a lorry
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 08:19 - Jul 4 with 6167 viewsallezlesbleus

I was having a few beers one Saturday afternoon (pre season) with Eddie Youds.

We were chatting about life in general and I mentioned that I had lived in South Africa for 3 years, on and off. He said "Wow, that's amazing........I would love to be able to go to Africa".

I looked at him and said, "Eddie, you are on around £10K a week, you've got a couple of months holiday each year, wtf is stopping you?"

Eddie just looked at me and said, "Yeah, you're probably right, but I would need to get a passport, wouldn't I?".
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 08:21 - Jul 4 with 6157 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Titus Bramble ending up at the Cop Shop after the players Xmas party because he was allegedly so drunk that his taxi driver couldn't wake him up

Poll: Our final position

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 09:30 - Jul 4 with 6036 viewsfactual_blue

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 07:47 - Jul 4 by Heathlander

My father used to own a pawnbrokers on Foxhall Road. Kevin Beattie, Alan Hunter and Robin Turner used to come in there regularly.

We had a swimming pool at our house and the three of them came round for a swim. The Beat needed the bathroom and had a poo using our facilities.

How many of you can say that Ipswich Town's greatest ever player did that round your house?

Did you have his leavings mounted in a display case? I'm sure the club would buy it off you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 09:33 - Jul 4 with 6025 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 08:21 - Jul 4 by southnorfolkblue

Titus Bramble ending up at the Cop Shop after the players Xmas party because he was allegedly so drunk that his taxi driver couldn't wake him up

That was after a rather eventful night in Colchester I think?
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 09:35 - Jul 4 with 6016 viewsunbelievablue

*Phil spits out coffee* "Oh ffs."

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 09:38 - Jul 4 with 6006 viewsHeathlander

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 09:30 - Jul 4 by factual_blue

Did you have his leavings mounted in a display case? I'm sure the club would buy it off you.

I think he kept them and sold them along with his EUFA Cup winners medal.
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 09:42 - Jul 4 with 5980 viewsGeoffSentence

Eric Gates storming out of the club and going potato picking instead of playing football.

It just shows today's footballers up for the preening, pampered pussies that they are. Could anyone imagine Wayne Rooney getting so ticked off with things at man Utd that he felt he would rather pick veg instead?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 10:18 - Jul 4 with 5864 viewsITFC1983

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 09:42 - Jul 4 by GeoffSentence

Eric Gates storming out of the club and going potato picking instead of playing football.

It just shows today's footballers up for the preening, pampered pussies that they are. Could anyone imagine Wayne Rooney getting so ticked off with things at man Utd that he felt he would rather pick veg instead?

He already does...

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 10:21 - Jul 4 with 5861 viewssoupytwist

It wasn’t while he was at Town but the Ian Marshall heart rate monitor one is quite good.

You can read it here, right at the bottom of the page -

The Ex-Files: Ian Marshall 26th Aug 2014 17:28
In the 15th part of our regular series, The Ex-Files, Blair Ferguson catches up with mulleted 90s goal-grabber Ian Marshall. 25

Doing a google search for “ian marshall heart monitor” suggests that TWTD got the scoop with that anecdote given that the article is dated 2014 and no one seems to have published it until 2015.
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 10:46 - Jul 4 with 5779 viewsgosblue

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 07:47 - Jul 4 by Heathlander

Plenty of sh1t on the pitch last season
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 11:09 - Jul 4 with 5711 viewsBLUEBEAT

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 06:55 - Jul 4 by Johnhoz

I remember reading some team news on Ceefax about 25 years ago and it said "Ipswich will be without David Linighan (feet)"

Feet !!

That's all it said

😂

Poll: W or W

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 11:19 - Jul 4 with 5682 viewsGeoffSentence

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 10:18 - Jul 4 by ITFC1983

He already does...

Haha, fair play to the bloke, nice to see one of them getting their hands dirty. I wonder what his day rate was whilst picking spuds.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 11:25 - Jul 4 with 5660 viewsbritbiker

Kevin beatie missing important games due to getting burnt in a bonfire incident. Then all the supposedly true versions of what really happened
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 11:30 - Jul 4 with 5640 viewsDolly2.0

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 06:29 - Jul 4 by Coastalblue

Ian Marshall being ruled out due to a shopping trolley.

Not true though, as Soupy's link above shows.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 11:38 - Jul 4 with 5609 viewsPhilTWTD

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 11:25 - Jul 4 by britbiker

Kevin beatie missing important games due to getting burnt in a bonfire incident. Then all the supposedly true versions of what really happened

The bonfire story was actually true.
Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 11:38 - Jul 4 with 5603 viewschicoazul

Anyone mentioned Danny Sonner yet?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 11:46 - Jul 4 with 5557 viewsbritbiker

Favourite story involving an ITFC player? on 11:38 - Jul 4 by PhilTWTD

The bonfire story was actually true.

Kevin was on our table for a match day lunch. Had some great conversations about the way the scouting was going. He didn't come over as towing the Ipswich line. Which was great. I didn't bring up the bonfire incident just in case one of the other versions were true. At least it's cleared that one up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024