Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 22:53 - Jul 3 with 4471 viewstheinbetweener

How much game time do we think he's going to get under MM this coming season?
Andre Dozzell on 00:30 - Jul 4 with 4392 viewsRudyard83

Personally, I can't see him getting much game time. Not necessarily due to McCarthy, but because we have the new midfielders (Huws and Adeyemi) added to the previous ones (Skuse etc) and also the addition of Bishop and Hyam who have been injured. So he'll be quite far down the pecking order
Andre Dozzell on 01:20 - Jul 4 with 4362 viewsBinner

I'd like to see him go out on loan 'til January, maybe to league 1 where he'd likely play regularly against experienced, tough opposition. A six month loan would give the chance to assess his progress and decide whether he is ready to play regularly in the Championship.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Andre Dozzell on 04:19 - Jul 4 with 4311 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Andre Dozzell on 01:20 - Jul 4 by Binner

I'd like to see him go out on loan 'til January, maybe to league 1 where he'd likely play regularly against experienced, tough opposition. A six month loan would give the chance to assess his progress and decide whether he is ready to play regularly in the Championship.

Agree, should be allowed to leave with a 24 hour recall clause.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Andre Dozzell on 04:28 - Jul 4 with 4305 viewssuffolkpoker

Andre Dozzell on 01:20 - Jul 4 by Binner

This! The perfect place would be Portsmouth imo

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Andre Dozzell on 06:51 - Jul 4 with 4237 viewstheinbetweener

Andre Dozzell on 04:28 - Jul 4 by suffolkpoker

This! The perfect place would be Portsmouth imo

Portsmouth would be a great shout actually. If we do send him out I'd definitely agree to a recall option. Same with Emmanuel. We just don't have the luxury not to.
Andre Dozzell on 07:53 - Jul 4 with 4138 viewsNo9

If I were his minder (parent or agent) I would seroiusly be looking at another club to move onwards and upwards
Andre Dozzell on 08:07 - Jul 4 with 4111 viewstextbackup

This season for AD will all depend on mcgoldricks fitness I think. If he gets his standard 4/5 month lay off then I think MM might use AD in his role

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Andre Dozzell on 08:11 - Jul 4 with 4092 viewsitfcjoe

Andre Dozzell on 06:51 - Jul 4 by theinbetweener

Portsmouth would be a great shout actually. If we do send him out I'd definitely agree to a recall option. Same with Emmanuel. We just don't have the luxury not to.

Unless he goes into the Conference he can't have a recall clause.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 08:14 - Jul 4 with 4084 viewsitfcjoe

Andre Dozzell on 07:53 - Jul 4 by No9

If I were his minder (parent or agent) I would seroiusly be looking at another club to move onwards and upwards

He had more football last season that all bar 2 or 3 members of the England U19 squad that he is currently one of the youngest members in.

Just Ben Brereton, Ryan Sessgnon and potentially Jay DaSilva (on loan at Charlton) got more game time than him.

He's doing fine, but we all expect him to kick on and try and get 10-15 starts under his belt in 2017-18

Andre Dozzell on 10:44 - Jul 4 with 3966 viewsNo9

Andre Dozzell on 08:14 - Jul 4 by itfcjoe

He had more football last season that all bar 2 or 3 members of the England U19 squad that he is currently one of the youngest members in.

Just Ben Brereton, Ryan Sessgnon and potentially Jay DaSilva (on loan at Charlton) got more game time than him.

He's doing fine, but we all expect him to kick on and try and get 10-15 starts under his belt in 2017-18

shouldn't potential stars of the future be getting more game time?
It used to be the norm for young players to hit the first team squads sub 18 on a regular basis
Andre Dozzell on 11:50 - Jul 4 with 3894 viewsThatMuhrenCross

He's 18, he needs to start getting some solid playing time.

His chances here this season will be limited at best, so the best thing would be to let him go out for a full season (like we've done for other clubs with Fraser, Lawrence and Celina) and just get on with it.

I don't see the benefit of him going out for a month or two and coming back to sit on our bench when we need cover for injuries, there's always a free agent journeyman we could pick up for that role.

Dozzell is a very decent player, so this shouldn't be a conference job. He can easily cut it in League One or Two this season.

Somewhere like Mansfield; a club that's going places, has a couple of ex-Town players there to help him settle in and mentor him, and where he'll get playing time.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

on 11:55 - Jul 4 with 3872 views_

Andre Dozzell on 08:07 - Jul 4 by textbackup

This season for AD will all depend on mcgoldricks fitness I think. If he gets his standard 4/5 month lay off then I think MM might use AD in his role

Andre Dozzell on 13:30 - Jul 4 with 3749 viewsitfcjoe

Andre Dozzell on 10:44 - Jul 4 by No9

It used to be the norm for young players to hit the first team squads sub 18 on a regular basis

It isn't the norm any more - average age for a debut in the PL is now 22/23. Championship going same way now

Andre Dozzell on 15:58 - Jul 4 with 3644 viewsSomethingBlue

Andre Dozzell on 10:44 - Jul 4 by No9

Look beyond Town and see how the trends are (rightly or not ...) going. It isn't always all about Ipswich.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024