Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
a norfolk problem.. 15:37 - Jul 6 with 2313 viewschripswich

Dear Deidre

Whilst plying a single life I met a Norfolk lass six months ago on the misery line into Liverpool street.
To cut a long story short we exchanged numbers on the choo choo, got in touch - and things have gone from strength to strength.
Thing is she has a 5 year old lad who I get on with very well. He is now starting to show an interest in football.

Yikes! I have always been the strict advocate of supporting your local team. I have always had the upper hand in arguments with my Man U or Chelsea supporting mates. They have no answer, case closed!

so..thing is..am I doomed to a life of encouraging someone to support Norwich.

I am now losing sleep over it. plus if things go well with said Norfolk lass how might I live in Norfolk - let alone actually share a house with a budgie?

How could I buy them the new home kit every season, like people do for kids..???

I'm starting to feel ill at the prospect.

yours desperately

Chrips..

Better to have to have loved and lost than live with a flippin' psycho for the rest of your life!!
Blog: [Blog] Getting Keaner!

on 15:42 - Jul 6 with 2286 views_

a norfolk problem.. on 15:52 - Jul 6 with 2251 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Get him following Ipswich, I had this dilemma with my Stepson. His family including my wife were desperate to get him to follow Spurs (their local team). I get on well with her family so I don't hold it against them; but the look on my father-in-laws face when he said he wanted an Ipswich kit for his birthday not a Spurs one... was priceless
a norfolk problem.. on 15:58 - Jul 6 with 2231 viewsWeWereZombies

1. East Anglia's local team is Ipswich Town surely - there may be others such as Bury Town or the Linnets of Kings Lynn, perhaps another one but their profile is not high enough for me to recall their name at the moment - the only one to win major trophies must be the local one for the region?

2. If you buy him all the Ipswich stuff and send him into school, local football team, down the park in it then you are giving him a character building exercise that he will eventually thank you for (although, having said that, I feel my son still has not forgiven me for his late primary school experience when on the Monday morning after a certain game at Old Trafford the entire school had him penned into a corner of the playground and were chanting 9-0 at him. Needless to say this was in Cambridgeshire and not Manchester).

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

a norfolk problem.. on 16:03 - Jul 6 with 2208 viewsDecoy_Octopus

a norfolk problem.. on 15:58 - Jul 6 by WeWereZombies

1. East Anglia's local team is Ipswich Town surely - there may be others such as Bury Town or the Linnets of Kings Lynn, perhaps another one but their profile is not high enough for me to recall their name at the moment - the only one to win major trophies must be the local one for the region?

2. If you buy him all the Ipswich stuff and send him into school, local football team, down the park in it then you are giving him a character building exercise that he will eventually thank you for (although, having said that, I feel my son still has not forgiven me for his late primary school experience when on the Monday morning after a certain game at Old Trafford the entire school had him penned into a corner of the playground and were chanting 9-0 at him. Needless to say this was in Cambridgeshire and not Manchester).

Hmm forgot about the locality to Norwich Problem. All the other kids will be Norwich I assume; well no one wants to be a mindless sheep, following the herd do they? Better to be a shark, than a sheep, they don't look back... as they don't have necks

Get him following town
a norfolk problem.. on 16:18 - Jul 6 with 2165 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Ipswich is still local.

Get him supporting Town.

Poll: Best Football Song

a norfolk problem.. on 16:25 - Jul 6 with 2145 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

Present the two options to the child in an appropriate fashion that allows him to make a decision based on facts, explaining that although he is at a young age it will live with him for the rest of his life. Your duty is to explain things properly.
a norfolk problem.. on 16:36 - Jul 6 with 2114 viewsjontysnut

a norfolk problem.. on 16:18 - Jul 6 by RoyKeanesDog

Ipswich is still local.

Get him supporting Town.

pick any one of the many photos of yellow haired foam handed weirdo Norwich fans and tell him that's what he'll end up like - ' the wind will change and you'll stay like that'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024