Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' 10:43 - Jul 7 with 5728 viewsoshilling_coyb

Hi all,

Thought you would be interested in a new book celebrating the crests of every club that's been in the Premier League. It was sold on kickstarter, but I think there are new copies coming out soon.

It's also all online here: https://thefootballcrestindex.com

They also asked a designer to create a print for each club, which sits with the information in the book, and are also on sale as A3 prints. I was asked to do Ipswich's so obliged with this celebration of our rich history. Some of the profits are going to football-based charities I believe so get involved (more info on the site). Any shares etc would be greatly appreciated.

https://thefootballcrestindex.com/blogs/premier-league-clubs/ipswich-town-fc

Thanks,

Oli
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 10:46]

Blog: The ITFC Crest: time for an update?

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:04 - Jul 7 with 5653 viewsKievthegreat

I like it, but I think the description of the original badge is wrong. It stated that the original badge (the town's coat of arms) is a rampant lion and three ramparts, but those are actually the back half of three boats.
Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:12 - Jul 7 with 5618 viewsoshilling_coyb

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:04 - Jul 7 by Kievthegreat

I like it, but I think the description of the original badge is wrong. It stated that the original badge (the town's coat of arms) is a rampant lion and three ramparts, but those are actually the back half of three boats.

Ah really, that's a shame? I think the book has gone to print now. I believe the editor was trying to contact the clubs regarding the crest but I don't know if he managed to talk to anyone from Ipswich

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:13 - Jul 7 with 5619 viewsSuperfrans

It seems to have the wrong pre-1972 badge though. This is the one

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:14 - Jul 7 with 5607 viewsSuperfrans

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:12 - Jul 7 by oshilling_coyb

Ah really, that's a shame? I think the book has gone to print now. I believe the editor was trying to contact the clubs regarding the crest but I don't know if he managed to talk to anyone from Ipswich

That is a real shame. I would have otherwise have considered buying the book...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:47 - Jul 7 with 5542 viewsBurwell_Blue

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:12 - Jul 7 by oshilling_coyb

01473 400500

How hard could it have been?
Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 13:05 - Jul 7 with 5442 viewsolimar

Given that the book is centred around the clubs crests, is there a reason why the artwork created didnt involve the crest aswell? Seems a bit of a strange decision.
Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 14:22 - Jul 7 with 5343 viewsdirtyboy

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:47 - Jul 7 by Burwell_Blue

01473 400500

How hard could it have been?

Go on then, call it, and see who gets back to you regarding the exact history of the badge...
Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 15:05 - Jul 7 with 5292 viewsoshilling_coyb

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 13:05 - Jul 7 by olimar

Given that the book is centred around the clubs crests, is there a reason why the artwork created didnt involve the crest aswell? Seems a bit of a strange decision.

There's a bunch of legal reasons why that wasn't possible, so we were asked not to include the crests. Also because they will be on the next page of the book

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 15:06 - Jul 7 with 5289 viewsoshilling_coyb

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 14:22 - Jul 7 by dirtyboy

Go on then, call it, and see who gets back to you regarding the exact history of the badge...

Definitely easier said than done. Not sure how 'to hand' that info would be even for staff at the club. Let alone willingness to spend time helping source information.

on 16:34 - Jul 7 with 5219 views_

on 16:35 - Jul 7 with 5215 views_

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 15:06 - Jul 7 by oshilling_coyb

Definitely easier said than done. Not sure how 'to hand' that info would be even for staff at the club. Let alone willingness to spend time helping source information.

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 18:31 - Jul 7 with 5105 viewshoppy

I've never seen this one shown in the book in a rounded shield shape, personally.

A quick google search of "history of ipswich town crest" brought this up...

https://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.com/clubs/ipswich-town/

along with a number of images.

The one I remember seeing more often in old pictures is this one:

Having said that, I really like your typographic artwork... although I should imagine 12th_Man is probably sitting somewhere scratching his head as to what the top left quarter means...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 20:01 - Jul 7 with 5060 viewsoshilling_coyb

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 18:31 - Jul 7 by hoppy

I've never seen this one shown in the book in a rounded shield shape, personally.

A quick google search of "history of ipswich town crest" brought this up...

https://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.com/clubs/ipswich-town/

along with a number of images.

The one I remember seeing more often in old pictures is this one:

Having said that, I really like your typographic artwork... although I should imagine 12th_Man is probably sitting somewhere scratching his head as to what the top left quarter means...

Thanks! Really like the red and blue crest there.

Curious if fans have an appetite for a change/ update to our current crest as so many clubs seem to be updating theirs recently?

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 20:13 - Jul 7 with 5050 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 20:01 - Jul 7 by oshilling_coyb

Thanks! Really like the red and blue crest there.

Curious if fans have an appetite for a change/ update to our current crest as so many clubs seem to be updating theirs recently?

I love our current badge. I would be against changing it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 11:41 - Jul 8 with 4934 viewsoshilling_coyb

Ipswich featured in 'The Football Crest Index' on 20:13 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

I love our current badge. I would be against changing it.

Inclined to agree really, got lots to it compared to many.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024