Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Vapour Trail 18:16 - Jul 7 with 1747 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'm naturally assuming you've listened to Weather Diaries.

Thoughts?

Had natural reservations on Erol Alkan being lined-up to produce the album. Still not entirely convinced he was the right person to do it.

Few highlights: Charm Assault, Lannoy Point, All I Want.

There are a few duffers on there unfortunately.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 18:18]
FAO Vapour Trail on 22:05 - Jul 7 with 1702 viewsvapour_trail

I was pleasantly surprised, but I didn't think it'd be up too much. It's not Nowhere clearly, but that was a moment in time for me.

Melford was supposed to be posting a review after rolling a couple of fat ones a couple of weeks ago but it never materialised.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

FAO Vapour Trail on 22:49 - Jul 7 with 1690 viewsMelford

FAO Vapour Trail on 22:05 - Jul 7 by vapour_trail

I was pleasantly surprised, but I didn't think it'd be up too much. It's not Nowhere clearly, but that was a moment in time for me.

Melford was supposed to be posting a review after rolling a couple of fat ones a couple of weeks ago but it never materialised.

I'm still working on it!. I started one but never finished it. It sounds like the album they should have put out after Going Blank Again (although I do think Carnival of Light is waaaayy underrated. I jammed out a 10 minute version of Moonlight Medicine in the week) to me it has the same sonic feel as GBA . Lannoy Point is a great opener, Charm Assault is tight and concise, Revolveresque. All I Want is the etherial guitar tune with electronic glitches that Chris Martin and Coldsick would kill to write. Home Is A Feeling has that early Nowhere sound, warm and fuzzy, those beautiful echoing guitars and dreamy vocals. Weather Diaries (the song) is a bit of a slow paced dirge, ***king beatiful guitars at the end though
That's as far as I've got so far

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

FAO Vapour Trail on 22:57 - Jul 7 with 1687 viewsvapour_trail

FAO Vapour Trail on 22:49 - Jul 7 by Melford

I'm still working on it!. I started one but never finished it. It sounds like the album they should have put out after Going Blank Again (although I do think Carnival of Light is waaaayy underrated. I jammed out a 10 minute version of Moonlight Medicine in the week) to me it has the same sonic feel as GBA . Lannoy Point is a great opener, Charm Assault is tight and concise, Revolveresque. All I Want is the etherial guitar tune with electronic glitches that Chris Martin and Coldsick would kill to write. Home Is A Feeling has that early Nowhere sound, warm and fuzzy, those beautiful echoing guitars and dreamy vocals. Weather Diaries (the song) is a bit of a slow paced dirge, ***king beatiful guitars at the end though
That's as far as I've got so far

Ha ha, good man, I'd have settled for that, I look forward to the full melf.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

FAO Vapour Trail on 23:41 - Jul 7 with 1677 viewsJohnny_Boy

FAO Vapour Trail on 22:05 - Jul 7 by vapour_trail

I'll be seeing them in Philly at the end of the month. Will be interesting to hear the new stuff live, maybe that'll turn it for me.

Saw them a few years ago in Seattle for the reformation. Zero songs from Carnival Of Light, which surprised me. Just the one track from Tarantula (Black Nite Crash), which certainly didn't surprise me at all. Set was always going to be Nowhere heavy, but only 4 tracks from GBA (?!?!) - obviously opening with LTAB. Hmmm.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 23:43]
FAO Vapour Trail on 23:49 - Jul 7 with 1669 viewsMelford

FAO Vapour Trail on 22:57 - Jul 7 by vapour_trail

Ha ha, good man, I'd have settled for that, I look forward to the full melf.

I have been caning Carnival Of Light lately. I've been obsessed with playing this the last couple of weeks on the guitar. It's a good track to play when you get the Em/Em7 drone going

Leave Them All Behind is the best for playing along to. I can nail both the rhythm guitar parts and the bassline as well. I have a special love for Ride as I do for Teenage Fanclub in that not only do I love their music, I can play most of it on guitar.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024